Utila Cottage Rental Photos and Description
4 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms with Occean View,Sleeps 8
Built in December 2012, provides an airy two level living space with beautiful local hardwood floors throughout, Honduran custom made furniture, two air conditioned bedrooms on the main floor, 3 bathrooms, all built to American standards. A wooden stairway leads to the second level with polished hardwood cathedral ceiling with 2 queen bed private spaces and private porches overlooking the occean,Pumpkin Hill and Botanical garden. The cottage is ideal for two couples or a group of up to 8 people.
• 24 hours surveillance
• Concierge service
• Medical assistance
• Ceiling fans and air conditioners
• Full kitchen with fridge, 5 burner gas stove/oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee maker, George Foreman grill, cutlery, cooking utensils, water cooler
• Private chef on request (Advance booking required)
• Wi-Fi available for purchase
• Cable TV, DVD player, LCD TV
• Outdoor deck/dining area
• Wrap around balcony, private porch and hammock
• Landscaped tropical garden. Wading pool
• 24 hours hot water shower
• Bottled water is available for purchase, tap water is not suitable for drinking.
• Linens and towels provided, 110V power outlets
• Housekeeping once a week
• Laundry service (surcharge)
• Scooter Taxi (Tuk Tuk) / golf cart / bicycles available at nominal cost
• Food takeout/delivery service available on request
• Free guest parking
• Massage treatment aailable on request
• Distance to bank/ATM, health clinic, pharmacy, money exchange, supermarket, dive centers, beach are approx 0.5 Km away or a 6 minute walk. Major credit cards are accepted at most places but at times there is a surcharge. Local currency is Lempiras
• Tours/ticket assistance
• Airport/ferry transportation (surcharge)
• Free cell phone for local calls
- smoking allowed
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
La Mayur was founded in 2012 by two intrepid global travelers from Canada, with an insatiable taste for adventure and who are committed to the conservation and preservation of Utila. Peacocks breed in Quiebra Piedra,the Botanical Garden adjacent to La Mayur and the birds are a beautiful sight from La Mayur. Mayur in Sanskrit means “Peacock” whose exotic beauty captured our minds on our very first visit to Utila, hence the name La Mayur.
Wrapped in the cool embrace of Pumpkin Hill, lush vegetation of Quiebra Piedra, the Botanical Garden, and view of the Caribbean sea, the ambience that the cottage exudes is irresistibly appealing to every lover of Nature. As the daylight spills across your bed, awaken to a divers paradise or plan to make it a theme wedding destination.
La Mayur is a proud supporter of the local community. Proceeds from your stay support the local schools including a non profit organization Children of Utila
-Go scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming, kayaking, sunbathing, enjoy the coral reefs and colorful marine life. There are a number of Dive centers providing courses for PADI certification
-For the adventurous, enjoy riding the horses up on the hills.
-Nature walks along the trails will take you to the Pumpkin Hill, the highest point on the island. Guided Island tours of the Crusoe cave, Fresh water caves, the Iguana Center, Pumpkin Hill are available at a nominal cost.
-Ride the water taxis to the Utila Cays and enjoy the turquoise waters or go fishing.
-Exploring the island by bicycle offers gentle exercise and available at a nominal rent. For the less challenged, drive around in the golf carts, two wheelers, Tuk Tuk taxis
-Enjoy the eclectic bars filled with fun loving locals and young travelers from around the world. The Beer, Cocktail drinks, and food (Fajitas, Quesadias and many more) are at rock bottom prices.
-Utila has an active night life and the night Tourist Police patrol makes it a safe place.
-Eating here is inexpensive and bars are open late in the night.
-If you do not wish to cook in our fully equipped custom designed kitchen, there are various restaurants close by.
-Full kitchen with fridge, 5 burner gas stove/oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee maker, George Foreman grill, cutlery, cooking utensils, water cooler
- The service of our private chef is available free for any catering request(Cost of food extra).Advance booking is required
-Getting to Utila is a relatively simple process from many gateway cities. Direct flights to both San Pedro Sula and Roatan are now available
- The Island has a wide choice of rental transportation ( bicycles, golf carts, two-wheelers, scooters) are available at a nominal cost. Tuk Tuk Taxis are cheap and available for approx. Lempira 20
-All Rates apply for 1- 4 persons.
-Suitable for children, kids below 8 years stay free
-The main language spoken is English but most islanders speak Spanish as well. Instead of having bottled juice, here you enjoy the authentic taste of natural fresh fruit juice. Tropical fruits abound, and visitors are amazed at the variety of flavors and fruits one did not even dream existed.
-It’s easily accessible by daily flights or by a short ferry ride from La Ceiba.
-Number of volunteer opportunities (BICA-Bay Islands Conservation Association at the visitors center, Iguana station, Canahua) in Utila are available with schools and local research centers dedicated to local flora and fauna.