|Minimum Stay||3 - 5 nights|
One Cool Kona Condo is super clean unit with really pretty designer touches. My unit features everything you need to make your stay a pleasant one. It is said a picture is worth a thousand words. so just take a look and you'll be hooked. Located on the top floor (second story) just left up the stairs from the lobby makes it a snap to check in and unload your car. Don't worry though, this is a solid concrete block building built in 1969 by Japanese designers, so is incredibly quiet inside. Once inside relax and enjoy a cool drink and pop your iPod into the iHome lamp and listen to some soothing island music. This will get you into the laid back groove of the Big Island. Once you are in the groove, head back to the lobby and check out the pool and hot tub for dip or follow the beautiful garden path past the pool area straight to Alii Drive to enjoy oceanfront dining and shopping. Whether staying just a few a days or a month, you will just love my Kona home.
I came to Kona about 15 years ago and fell in love with the Big Island. I returned a few times and in May 2013 stayed at the Islander in one of the units then returned a few days later after circling the island, and found a few units for sale. This one caught my eye as it was nicely renovated by a local writer as quiet place to put her thoughts to paper. Next thing you know I had purchased it. I put my artwork and personal touches in place and there you have it. I hope you enjoy the spirit and charm my place has to offer.
Owner/Manager purchased this condo in 2013
This unit has a partial ocean view and a lovely view of the gardens and pool area.The unit faces east and west and has wonderful cross ventilation with the ocean breezes. The property itself is safe, secure, and well maintained with 24 hour on site security. It is the perfect spot for someone who wants to be close to all the amenities without having to have a rental vehicle. The ocean, beaches, shopping, dining, entertainment, and farmers market are all steps away outside on famous Alii Dr. Major shopping can also be found within a five minute drive such as Target, Ross, Pier One,Walmart, Macy's, Longs Drugs, Ace Hardware, and grocery stores.
The completely renovated unit also comes with several bonuses to make you feel at home. There are two beach cruiser bicycles for your use to cruise around downtown.There is a large cooler and a smaller softsided cooler for day trips to the beach and keeping extra ice and drinks cold. The galley kitchenette has a hot plate, convection oven, microwave, coffee grinder and maker, rice steamer, cuisinart blender, as well as plenty of dishes, glassware, barware, utensils, and cooking utensils. For outdoor cooking there is a stainless steel gas grill located three doors down with tables and umbrellas. There are also two nice stainless steel gas grills by the pool for poolside dining. The travertine shower features a nice massaging shower head.The bamboo floors and top of the line ceiling fan also add to the airiness of the unit. There is also AC for your total comfort. Finally you can relax on the queen size pillow top mattress or the over stufed chair or futon both of which convert into a single bed, and watch the Hi-Def 32 inch tv with dvd, cable and wi-fi included. there is a nice outdoor shower poolside for rinsing off the beach sand and salt before you return to the unit
In addition to all the amazing shops, dining, entertainment, and beaches within a 5 minute walk of the condo here are some of my favorite places to see and things to do while enjoying my time on the island.
1. Deep sea fishing- Call Shawn Palmer at 808 238-8446
* Fantastic boat and on our trip we caught a 388lb Blue Marlin.
2. Drive the island. If you have a day to do some exploring you can cruise the whole island. It takes 10-12 hours but well worth it to enjoy all the island micro climates.
3. If youre not up for the whole island at least drive the Hamuakua coast towards Hilo. Breathtaking drive and plenty of places to stop and enjoy beaches, waterfalls, botanical gardens, and state/county parks.
4.Enjoy a day at the beach. Within walking or bike riding distance I enjoy Honl's Beach Park and Magic Sands Beach. For the more adventurous take a drive North up the Kona Coast. Some of my favorite beachs include:
a. Kiholo Beach- a black sand beach with day and overnight camping use
b. Puako Beach( Also known as Beach 69or Waialea Beach) A beautiful white sand beach with trails, trees, shade, picnic tables, and amazing snorkeling. This is part of the Hapuna State Park which is noted for its amazing beauty, snorkeling, surfing, and ammenities.
* There is a $5 fee for non-residents but worth it for the snorkeling and beauty
c.Spencer Beach Park-This is a day or overnight camping beach. This is an amazing spot to swim. Warm calm waters, and also wonderful snorkeling.
d.Kekaha Kai State Park( Also known as Veterans beach for being across from Veterans Cemetary)- This is a beautiful white sand beach that looks like its out of a Travel Channel commercial. Only thing here is there is no shade so and umbrella would be a good idea.
5. Camping- There are many wonderful parks on the Island to camp.Make sure you get a permit before you go and then enjoy the beauty the Island has to offer.
My favorite Campsites...
a. Spencer Beach Park
b. Laupahoehoe Point Beach Park
c. Mackenzie State Park
6. Dining. There are lots of places on the Island for all budgets. A few places I enjoy
a. Bite Me Fish Market-Honokohau Harbor. You catch em they cook em. Also a great menu and good beer prices. try the Sake shot!
b. Lulu's- Know to be best breakfast on the island
c. Humpys-Bar food, best Island beer selection, and the perfect place to watch sporting events on their many tv's
d. Huggos- Happy Hour specials and amazing sunset views
e. Jackie Rays-About a mile down Kuakini Hwy excellent seafood
f. Quinns Almost By The Sea-Great seafood and known for their Ono
g. Canoe House- On the water about a 1/4 mile from unit in the Kona Inn Shopping Village. Best pork sliders and Mai tai's
7. Shopping-Located within a few hundred feet of the complex are many shopping areas for souveniers and Island goodies and keepsakes. there is a nice mile walk from here to Kailua Pier full of shops, restaurants, and bars. On the second Sunday of the month they close the street for a flea market with wonderful artisans, coffee purveyors, food purveyors, and entertainment. There is also a daily farmers market (except Mondays) a block away in the church parking lot. For those needing the comfort of home. Within a 5 minute drive there is Target, Ross, Walmart, K-mart, Pier One, Macy's, Costco, Long Drugs, Groceries, Ace Hardware and more...
Island Naturals grocery store is sort of like a mini Trader Joes/Whole Foods. It is wonderful for your organic needs and I enjoy the bulk food section for spices, granola, trail mixes etc... So youre not stuck with more than you need on your stay.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 15 2014 - Jan 15 2015
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning||$50 + Tax|
|Notes||HAWAII TAX ID NO. W85493242-01|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.