Wintergreen Cabin Rental Photos and Description
4BR / 2BA - Sleeps 8
Take in breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge mountains from a luxury cabin perched high on Wintergreen mountain.
Most places in Wintergreen look like a home you might find in any suburban neighborhood. Green Oak Cabin is one of only 3 or 4 true cabin-style homes on the mountain.
And it is by far the best. In addition to unparalleled mountain views, the home is outfitted with granite countertops, copper sinks, a wood-burning stove, over 1,000 square feet of decking, and a great room with 30-foot high ceilings surrounded by spacious windows on every wall that bring the mountain views inside.
You will not find another property like it. Green Oak Cabin is your own private sanctuary amidst the tranquil beauty of the mountains.
Although on a quiet and secluded street, your cabin is only three minutes away from the heart of Wintergreen's 'downtown' resort facilities.
Rental of the Cabin includes WPI guest passes allowing you to take advantage of the Resort's world-class, and member-only facilities, including:
*Devils Knob Golf Course
*Devils Knob Tennis - one of the top 10 ranked Adult Academies in the world, and one of the Top 5 Doubles Camps in North America
*Lake Monocan - a family favorite, includes giant, inflatable toys in the water, sandy beach, volleyball court, kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats.
*Winter sports - skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing.
*The Spa at Wintergreen
*The Wintergreen Aquatics and Fitness Center - indoor pool and great gym, open year round. Beautiful outdoor pools open Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Wintergreen is packed with other activities, including hiking, flyfishing, cycling, mountain biking, summer tubing, a zipline, shopping, archery and performing arts. They also have incredible programs for kids, including a drop-off treehouse programs so adults can take some time alone. More information on all activities and amenities is at www.wintergreenresort.com
The weather at Wintergreen is a major factor in the resort's popularity. While the rest of Virginia is sweltering in heat and humidity in the summer, the mountaintop averages temperatures 15 degrees cooler than the valley below, with significantly less humidity (great for making sure the slopes are covered in Winter as well).
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
Guestbook comments from the owner
Well, our stay was as you predicted - we had an absolutely wonderful time.
We found the cabin to be a great balance between modern convenience and rustic charm, and the location afforded both private enjoyment of nature and access to activities.
We've stayed at Wintergreen before and think this property is unique. I completely expect that we will be renting from you again.
Here's a run-down of feedback/observations:
1) Layout and floor plan of the cabin are very well done. Furnishings and decorations are thoughtful, tasteful, functional, and comfortable.
2) Kitchen,utensils, plates, supplies - comprehensive. We lacked for nothing.
3) Grill - worked well with no fuss. Ideal placement of bench!
4) TV/DVD/wireless - spot on.
5) Bathrooms - clean, great showers, plenty of towels, etc.
6) Ventilation / cooling - we were perfectly comfortable. We had strong breezes / storms each night; Friday night my wife had a sweater on. As long as sliding doors / windows are opened up, I don't see much of an issue for cooling. In July and August, having an A/C option for the top floor may be a good idea (in case it's one of those still, humid days). Also, we only slept in the large master bedroom. I did notice the other bedrooms didn't have windows that could be opened.
7) Original casement windows - I recall you said you had a window contractor coming out on Friday morning. I can understand that those original windows probably aren't going to work for a cold winter, but it's a shame - they are beautiful and part of what gives the cabin its charm. If there's any way to find something similar that provides better insulative value/function, I'd encourage doing so (alas, I fear such windows will not be cheap).
8) The deck - This is the best feature of the house. We spent a majority of our time here, including Saturday night when we watched an intense thunderstorm develop and then envelope us. It was breathtaking.
In all, I think you made a wise purchase and have truly shown thought and consideration in its appointment.
As I indicated, we will be back!