Offering my lovely, fully furnished home: a 1400 sq. foot, 1920's townhouse in North Berkeley. It is two stories, has two bedrooms (one with a large adjoining office), a private patio, 1.5 bathrooms, and includes a private garage for off street parking. It's set back from the street in a lovely, quiet garden. It's in a great location in a beautiful neighborhood: three blocks to the University, two blocks to the Pacific School of Religion, and three blocks to the Gourmet Ghetto with its phenomenal eateries, gourmet shopping, boutiques, and an all organic farmers' market.
My home is fully and beautifully furnished, and includes for your use bedding, towels and the like. It features a fully equipped kitchen with many appliances to indulge your inner gourmet (there are even culinary herbs growing outside, steps away from the kitchen), and a washer and dryer. The private patio makes a lovely place to relax or even work with your laptop.
All utilities are included, as well as high-speed wireless internet, a land line with free domestic long distance, and cable television.
This leaves NOTHING for you to do but unpack your luggage and start enjoying Berkeley.
There are many little touches to ensure a comfortable (and fun) stay:
- Both bedrooms feature beds with memory foam mattresses.
- Large screen plasma 3-D television with cable.
- Loads of closet space.
- Phone with free domestic long distance.
- DSL with wi-fi.
- Private patio with orange and lemon trees, culinary herbs and a charcoal grill.
- Walkable neighborhood, three blocks to shopping, restaurants, and the University.
- 20 minute walk to downtown Berkeley: theaters, restaurants, shops.
- One mile to BART.
- Off-street parking in your private garage.
- Whole house heat, with remotely controllable thermostat.
- Kitchen with gas stove and dishwasher. Plenty of pots, pans, cooking gadgets and small appliances. Includes Cuisinart food processor, espresso machine, blender, toaster, coffee maker, slow cooker, and more!
- A full bathroom with tub.
- Half bathroom with innovative eco-friendly grey-water recycling feature.
- Home is set in lovely garden.
- Full compliment of linens and towels.
- A library of hundreds of books.
- Over a hundred DVDs.
- Xbox360, with Kinect, all of the Rockband instruments, and a library of two dozen games.
- Home is set back from the street, quiet.
I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have about visiting Berkeley or the Bay Area. I grew up right here in Berkeley and love it very much. I like to make sure visitors get a chance to see the Berkeley I know as a local. I'm happy to provide information or answer any questions about the area, from restaurant recommendations or lovely walking trails, to local history, I'll be here to help you enjoy your stay.
I grew up here in Berkeley, and while I've lived other places nothing feels so much like home. Currently I work in web publishing. Despite having a degree I primarily think of myself as a student, as I am perpetually enrolled in one class or another. I love taking advantage of the many, many cultural and educational opportunities available in this lovely, lively college town. I love to cook and have many happy memories of dinners (some of them quite elaborate) that I've prepared here to enjoy with friends around the table. I also love literature, reading and writing it, and I've made so many nice little spots to enjoy a good book or sit and write for the afternoon.
I grew up in this neighborhood, and nowhere feels quite so much like home, but this home would be a treat no matter where it was located! I love the peace from being back from the street, surrounded by trees and a beautiful garden. Inspired by this I've made the place lovely and restful in side too. I work from home, and since I spend so much time there it is very important to me to live in a place conducive to work AND to relaxing when I am not at work. Here I have found I am able to enjoy both!
What makes my home unique is the sheer number of little conveniences and beautiful touches. Being a five minute walk to the University and the Gourmet Ghetto makes for a very rich experience, both intellectually and gastronomically. And when you come home as soon as you reach the garden you find yourself sighing happily as you come in the door. And having your own parking spot to come home to is priceless! Some more of my favorite conveniences are being able to do laundry without leaving the house, always having the right tool at hand when preparing meals, the private patio with its green vine covered walls and dear little Japanese maple, and of course the dynamic mix of people from all over the world attracted to this city by the University creates an amazing community.
A great location in a beautiful neighborhood: three blocks to the University of California at Berkeley (Cal, UCB), two blocks to the Pacific School of Religion, and three blocks to the Gourmet Ghetto with its phenomenal eateries, gourmet shopping, boutiques, and an all organic farmers' market.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|Refundable damage deposit||$300.00|
|I ACCEPT STAYS OF LESS THAN FIVE(5) DAYS WHEN RESERVATIONS ARE MADE LESS THAN THIRTY(30) DAYS IN ADVANCE.
To hold your reservation the amount of your security deposit plus 25% of total for your stay (up to 2 months) is required.
The balance is due seven days before arrival for stays up to six weeks. For stays longer than two months, month to month payment is acceptable.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.