Kapoho Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Relax in this Comfortable 2 Bedroom Vacation Spot Paradise
Location: Kapoho, Champagne Ponds, Puna District, Big Island, Hawaii, USA (Gated Community With Warm Ocean Water Swimming!) View Map
Accommodations: This is an apartment on the ground floor, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath and an extra outdoor shower (Sleeps 4) and is a wonderful location for your vacation in our Kapoho Paradise.
From our well appointed tropical apartment, you can head out for snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and swimming only a block away! This spacious and comfortable apartment has been built with quality materials, and is stocked with just about anything you would want. You'll love it.
*The lanai has a gas grill, comfortable wicker furniture, a Hot Tub and outdoor shower. There are plenty of ‘outdoor’ towels to use after your hot tub or shower, conveniently located next to the shower.
*The yard is HUGE, giving you plenty of room to spread out. Enjoy the beautiful gardens or set up some croquet or bocci. Enjoy the paradise.
*Living Area: The main entrance to the apartment is from the spacious lanai. In this area you can enjoy the television, the office area and plenty of kitchen space. There is a dining room table in the hallway and a beautiful teak sculpture of dolphins. The comfortable tropical furniture makes this a great place to hang out to watch some movies. Did we say movies? We have over 700 movie titles to choose from, all housed in a separate Wi-Fi storage disk. Complete instructions are provided for the TV, movies and sound system.
*The ‘Orchid’ Bedroom: This bedroom boasts a beautiful view of our orchid wall. The Queen sized bed (with new mattresses this spring) is very comfortable and the room has a dresser, nightstands, reading lamps, ceiling fan, a desk and comfortable chairs. Tropical gone comfortable.
*The ‘Honu’ Bedroom: Is comfortably furnished with a queen sized bed (with new mattresses this spring), antique furnishings, ceiling fan and plenty of room for your luggage.
*Bathroom: This bathroom is located directly across the hall from the Orchid Bedroom and has a Travertine surround Jacuzzi tub, shower and Travertine floors. Naturally, there are plenty of fresh fluffy towels, shampoo/conditioner, body soap and a hair dryer.
*The kitchen area has a full sized refrigerator, microwave, 2 burner induction cook surface, toaster oven and other appliances to make your stay comfortable.
* Office: The office is set up, if you really MUST work while you are on holiday, and has free Wi-Fi, and a built in desk. If you have to do work while you are visiting, this is an comfortable place to get the job done. There's also a door leading to the lower lanai, for an extra-spacious feeling.
* Garage: This is where all the toys (electric golf cart, 2 bicycles, 4 boogie boards, 1 two person kayak, and 1 surf board) live. There is plenty of snorkel gear, but we can't guarantee we'll have your size. You are welcome use electric for to drive around the beautiful, peaceful neighborhood.
Other information about what we provide:
* Shampoo, Hair Conditioner, Hand/Body soap, Dish soap, Laundry soap, Toilet Paper (If this seems silly to mention, we agree. We stayed at a distant vacation rental where they gave us 'starter' toilet paper. It was a very short roll of TP. We don't want you to have to experience that.) Plenty of kitchen towels, sharp knives, dishware, glassware and silverware.
* Hair Dryers
* Umbrellas--just in case
More details about our home:
* The apartment was built with top-quality materials and meticulous attention to every detail. The lanai is beautiful slate. On the inside, the floors are tile with knotty pine trim everywhere. There is plenty of room to spread out.
If you are looking for a rental that sleeps more than 4 people, our other listing...
Property 471832 sleeps 8. This property is our entire two story home, which is occasionally available, when we are out traveling.
Hawaii State Tax ID W08920333-01
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
We are originally from the Seattle area and moved to Kapoho in 2008 because we fell in love with the area. We love to travel, but also love being at home in Kapoho. When we purchased our home, we knew it would need some modifications and have completely rebuilt it.
Susan purchased this apartment in 2008
Why Susan chose Kapoho
We came to Kapoho in 2008 because of the beauty and serenity. After years of working in 'Corporate America', we both decided that this is the best place to retire. We have a huge garden, love snorkeling at the Waiopea Tide Pools, and all of the other beautiful swimming locations in our area.
We are both active in the Kapoho and the greater Hilo area and love to participate in the wonderful offerings this side of the island offers.
What makes this apartment unique
Thermally heated tidal ponds are common in this area and some are warmer than others. This is the only area of Hawaii with these, so it is truly unique. The Marine Sanctuary is a 5 minute bike ride (or a 15 minute walk). Incredibly colored/shaped corals and small schools of good-sized fish. Big schools of smaller fish. We have traveled quite a bit, and this is a gem and is easily accessed--what a treat. Or you can bike up and down the coast, with minimal car interference, even though we don't have official bike lanes. Take a walk along the coast, towards Cape Kumukahi, the Eastern most point of the island, and the state.