Beautiful place however not a perfect vacation!
Submitted: April 4, 2013
Stayed: March 2013
This villa truly is a beautiful one. The scenery is gorgeous, the location a bit far but not much of a worry. My friends and I stayed at this villa, a group of young adults, on the day of our departure we washed the linens, towels, mopped and sweeped, cleaned around the pool etc. However we had a lot of problems:
1. Garbage disposal: I am on a vacation hence I paid for renting your villa why do I have to go out the road and hunt for a garbage disposal. We came with cars, hence it was difficult to transport garbage and our clothes and food in the trunks
2. The caretaker makes you feel as though you are a 4year old. I understand you would like to walk through and make sure everything is intact but turning on the machine, lighting the stove, checking radio, checking broken television, checking the showers, calling us to pick up bits of paper she found on the ground, RIDICULOUS, we already cleaned the place isnt it the caretaker's job to also redo if expecting new guests.
3. We were new young educated adults to the area, we were told to empty the bbq pit (which people before us or who knows when used) over in the bushes by the pool, then to be insulted that it was emptied in front of the pool room door???? what purpose would i have going into the bush to determine there was a pool maintenance room beneath me???
4. When we asked the caretaker if the house was intact enough for our security to be refunded she replied "its ok but i see little spills and stuff on the floors which you could have cleaned"...We had to check to c if we were on a vacation or if we just were possible hired helps for a weekend.
5. LIGHTING: No lighting by the pool area, bulbs around the house were not working...We had to climb on ladders to change the bulbs, honestly if the house is to be rented why cant the caretaker get to the place at least a few hours before and make sure these things are in order. It does not have to be night time to check if electricity is flowing through a socket!!!
7. SMOKING: The caretaker made it very clear no smoking in the villa or around because the owners are non smokers so no cigarette remnants around the area, yet the caretaker is in and out each room smoking and also taking forever to allow us to depart??? We left so late that we got to be the last vehicles to be loaded on the boat.
I suggest better management of the villa. Otherwise thank you for the stay I have learned valuable lessons of dealing with individuals.
Did you find this review helpful?