Carmel Highlands House Rental Photos and Description
Rustic Home On 1 Acre W/ Panoramic Ocean & Highland Views. Sleeps 4 To 14.
Relaxed & casual. Rustic with a quirky charm – Peace Cove is a great place to meet with friends and family in one of the most beautiful spots on the California Coast.
Peace Cove sits on a bluff in the Carmel Highlands perched above rocky seashores with stunning views of Point Lobos and ocean sunsets. 4 miles south of Carmel-by-the-Sea, and on your way to Big Sur, it is the perfect place to stay and explore Monterey Bay, Carmel Valley, & the Big Sur Coastline!
It is also the ideal solution for extended family & friends' accommodations when you plan your next celebration at the Highlands Inn.
Sleeps from 4 & max 13. We recommend mid-size groups of 4-10.
* 3 Bedrooms (includes 1 mid-size loft), and an additional youth-size loft.
* The Living Room & Great Room provide separate gathering spaces which visitors can relax in while enjoying the coastal views. The Living Room has stunning panoramic views; The Great Room opens to the Sunset Deck and also provides views towards the ocean.
* A cozy eat-in Kitchen with morning sunlit views of the forest and towards Point Lobos.
* Dining Room with Fireplace & ambiance.
* Morning and Sunset Decks. Panoramic views towards ocean, canyon, & hillsides.
* Expansive natural outdoor spaces on 1 acre of private & lush wild landscape.
* On-site parking for up to 4 cars, & easy access to Hwy 1.
* A one minute stroll to dining at the Highlands Inn’s California Kitchen & 5-star Pacific Edge Restaurant. No need to drive!
* Visitors will enjoy Peace Cove's privacy and sense of freedom; one sees private stunning & expansive views of nature.
* The house is comfortable and the feeling is rustic, like a spacious cabin. Air conditioning is opening the windows and doors. The lifestyle is closer to nature with homespun comforts.
The beauty of its natural setting combined with easy convenience makes Peace Cove the perfect vacation retreat to enjoy in groups! Share happy moments together with family & friends, be it a reunion, vacation, wedding, or simply a memorable getaway. We hope that you love Peace Cove as much as we do.
This is a private residence, not wheelchair accessible to the main floor (shortest path is 5 wide steps accessible), and infants & toddlers should be supervised at all times. This home & its surroundings feel wild and natural, and it is full of wildlife. Attention & caution should be used on the premises for the benefit of its natural residents and Peace Cove visitors.
We also have wonderful and discreet long-term tenant living in a separate unit under the house and behind the garage.
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
Why Karen & Patrick Suel chose Carmel Highlands
Patrick is from Sanary, France; Karen is from the Bay Area. Having grown up on the French Riviera, and the California Coast, we both have a deep love for the ocean and nature. On a short vacation & exploration, while driving past Carmel on the way to Big Sur, we both fell in love with the Carmel Highlands. It was our dream place - plain & simple. Somehow the magic of this area - it is magical you will see.. is healing and simply deeply moving. The coast just south of Carmel is pristine and for us, the most beautiful place on earth! When we found Peace Cove, we could see that the house was in need of work, however we loved the site, its orientation, and with the background sound of waves and distant seals barking, we imagined the stone path and secret garden we would create. Hummingbirds came close and hovered near us, teh Monarchs flew around us, the giant squirrel that lives in the canyon visited, the crows observed us from the giant pine tree & oak. We felt we had a welcoming party! For us, there is something deeply healing about the area in general and this place in particular. You can be stiller, you can think more clearly, you can feel deeply, and you can leave feeling filled with light and pure energy..
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a wonderful experience at Peace Cove. The house was very well suited for our large party, 7 folks with the need for 4 separate sleeping areas. The house was immaculate and everything we could want had been anticipated. It felt much like staying in a 5-star property as there was everything from welcome goodies to bath amenities, extra towels, blankets. Even things like binoculars to enjoy the ocean view, a docking station for our own music, current magazines. These special little touches made our stay so enjoyable. We did not want to leave when our check-out day came along....
The bedrooms were just perfect for our mixed party: grandparents, ourselves with kids and uncle. The kitchen and eat-in area was a perfect setting for some fun breakfasts. The dining room was extremely cozy and welcoming; we spent many evening hours there, just talking and enjoying family dinners. The 2 living rooms were more than enough space for all of us and were another perfect place to hang out, relax and enjoy the fabulous ocean view and sunsets.
One night we barbequed on the front deck and then enjoyed s'mores by the outdoor fireplace. There were plenty of blankets to curl up in fireside.
Karen was very responsive to a couple questions we had and immediately got back to us with specific answers. An extremely attentive host, Karen masters the art of hospitality. We are planning to make Peace Cove our yearly family reunion spot!