Ventura House Rental Photos and Description
3 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, 6-8 Sleeps
This beautifully appointed home is right on the beach with spacious, updated interiors, a gorgeous deck for sun and sunsets, a private balcony off the master bedroom and a gas fireplace in the glass-front living room.
With three bedrooms, four bathrooms, five showers and a newly outfitted gourmet kitchen, this modern home sleeps 6-8 comfortably, making it ideal for family vacations, small group retreats or a romantic getaway.
This unique custom home is a contemporary architectural delight offering panoramic ocean vistas and views of Anacapa and Santa Cruz islands. The house is impeccable and has been fully updated, decorated and equipped for a relaxing and comfortable stay. All luxury beds and linens are new.
The beautiful remodeled kitchen is a cook’s delight - and with the ocean view, everyone loves cooking here! Create gourmet meals, grill on the deck or relax with a glass of wine and soak in the atmosphere in this semi-private stretch of beachfront.
Watch the ocean waves, playful dolphins, sea lions, diving pelicans and whales from the views in every room of the house. Faria beach is perfect for surfing, stand-up paddle boarding and kayaking at the renowned Mondos Cove and Pitas Point. Or go right down the stairs leading to the beach with snorkel gear or boogie boards. Plenty of equipment is available with the rental.
The beach scenery is pristine and dazzling, perfect for long walks, exploring tide pools, enjoying gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, basking in the sun, bicycle riding along the coast road or simply star-gazing. Don’t forget your camera!
Our family has enjoyed making memories here for generations - we invite you to come and make your own.
• three bedrooms, four bathrooms, five showers (one outside). Sleeps 6-8.
• upstairs master bedroom with luxury California king bed, bathtub and shower, dual sinks, large closet and high-definition 60-inch led TV with blue ray DVD player. (sleeps 2)
• upstairs master guest bedroom with luxury California king bed, a twin/full bunk, walk-in closet and large bath. (sleeps 4)
• downstairs bedroom with two twin beds, large bath and closet. (sleeps 2)
• living room with 180-degree ocean view, plenty of seating with two new overstuffed sofas, leather reclining chairs and a long window seat. Large glass windows and 20-foot ceilings create a roomy, spacious environment. Gas fireplace and high-definition 60-inch led TV with blue ray DVD player.
• large sliding-glass doors open onto an ironwood sun deck with chaise lounges, table, chairs and new gas BBQ. Step down to an additional 1,700-square-foot cement deck with stairs right down to the beach.
• fully equipped gourmet kitchen is a cook’s delight with new upscale appliances, countertops, tile backsplash and top-of-the-line cookware. Microwave, Keurig coffeemaker and toaster oven are included as are enough dishes, silverware and glassware to serve 18-24. An array of pots, pans, bakeware, bowls and serving dishes are provided.
• dining room with large teak wood dining table seats 10.
• laundry room with washer, dryer and large sink.
• coming up from the beach, you can rinse the salt and sand in the hot-water outdoor shower and come right in to a changing room with an additional shower and bathroom.
• kitchen fully equipped
• linens and towels provided
• zoned temperature controls
• off-street parking for up to 8 vehicles
• wireless broadband internet
• outdoor gas BBQ grill
• kayaks and paddles
• life vests
• wet suits, fins, booties
• smoking is not permitted on the property
• children welcome
• pets not allowed
- non smoking only
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets not allowed
The owners are the fifth generation of the family to enjoy this unique and beautiful beach. Their goal is to preserve this property for future generations to enjoy as there are no other properties like this in the world
Cheri purchased this house in 1912
Why Cheri chose Ventura
From 1906 to 1912, the owners Great Grandfather was managing the construction on a portion of the new “Rincon Highway” from Ventura to Santa Barbara. The family knew that this location was very special and arrangements were made with the Faria family to construct the first beach cottage on Faria beach. Up until that time, there was only rail service along the coast which began in 1887. From 1878 to 1912 the stagecoach ran inland over Casitas Pass. During the years of road construction, a unique phenomena was observed along this stretch of beach. When the entire coast line was fogged in, there was usually a sunny portion where the home currently exists. This is due to the valley just North of the property that allows a gentle breeze to push back the fog and let in the sun. The current home is the fourth family home to be built here over the last 100 years.
What makes this house unique
In addition to the weather phenomena cited above, Faria beach is a South facing beach. Most beaches in California face West or South-West. This house was designed to take full advantage of the location. Looking South, the property provides a beautiful view of Anacapa and Santa Cruz Islands. Aside from the view, the lens effect of shore curves the surf at an oblique angle creating one of the best right hand breaks on the coast. On a good day one can surf from the point to the cove. When surf legend Dick Dale, “King of the Surf Guitar” visited the property, he said, “This is one of the best surfing beaches in California.” The property has gentle sloping, wide stairs allowing for easy access to the beach for all ages.