San Luis Obispo Cottage Rental Photos and Description
100-year Old Cottage In Historic Neighborhood
**PLEASE CHECK MY CALENDAR BEFORE CONTACTING--IT IS ALWAYS UP TO DATE---THANKS
**PLEASE NOTE---I AM CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS AFTER 2014.
** CHILDREN UNDER 10 ARE FREE. THIS WON'T SHOW UP IN INSTANT QUOTE DUE TO VRBO SOFTWARE.
The Central Coast is arguably the most beautiful and unspoiled area of the California Coastline, and San Luis Obispo is the Heart of the Central Coast. Named “The Happiest City in America” by National Geographic and featured on Oprah’s TV show, SLO-Town, as the locals call it, earns that designation with a vibrant and historic downtown bristling with great restaurants and shops, but devoid of the big chain establishments which so often destroy the character small towns. With over 30,000 students in Cal Poly and Cuesta College, the town maintains an air of youthfulness and innovation.
What Do You Guys Do In San Luis Obispo?
• Walk around the Thursday Night Farmer’s Market
which supports our farm-to-table culinary lifestyle
• Go wine-tasting at over 200 wineries in the area
including Paso Robles now being touted as the next
• Take a kayak out into Morro Bay
• Visit beautiful Avila Beach and soak in mineral hot
• Drive up the Pacific Coast Highway and see Cayucos, a beach town where time has stood still since the 50s, and Cambria, where a forest of old pine trees meets the craggy coastline. Further up the road you’ll find Hearst Castle and a beach filled with giant elephant seals at the start of California’s world famous Big Sur which ends in Carmel and Monterey
• Drive down Highway 101 and visit Pismo Beach, old town Arroyo Grande, or all the way to Santa Barbara
• If you’re fit and love the outdoors, there are endless opportunities for cycling, surfing, golfing, kayaking, and playing in the sand dunes. And hiking is our specialty. From the ancient volcanoes of the Nine Sisters to Montaña de Oro State Park, you will find hikes for all levels of fitness
How’s The Weather?
• So glad you asked. San Luis Obispo enjoys a pleasant Mediterranean climate all year with an average of 315 days of sunshine and average temperatures in the high 70s and low 80s in the Summer and high 60s in the Winter
About Buchon Cottage
This nearly 100 year old house could not possibly be in a better location. In less than a 5-minute walk you are in the center of downtown with all the restaurants, bars, and cafes you would ever want. Buchon Street is clearly the most attractive neighborhood in town, lined with restored Victorian and Craftsman homes, many with historical designation. You can leave the car at home if you just want to kick back and enjoy the town as the Amtrak station is just a short walk away.
While the exterior retains its vintage look, the interior is currently a blend of traditional and contemporary styles, gradually migrating toward the contemporary. The kitchen is well stocked with everything you need for gourmet or casual cooking.
The living room features a 50 inch plasma TV and an awesome audio-visual system. The bedroom features a platform California King bed with a Tempur-Pedic mattress and also has a flat screen and DVD player. The sitting room has a workstation and a futon which opens to a queen bed.
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
I retired 17 years ago and am now a full time world traveler but always return to SLO-Town when I circle around to this part of the globe. This photo, taken in Alberobello, Italy, is me with my 3 loves--my 2 beautiful daughters and my '76 Westfalia Bus.
I have been coming to SLO for many years and renting small historic homes and always wanted to have my own. After watching the very few old homes that occasionally pop up on the market for years I saw 885 Buchon and knew it was the one. It needed lots of work but I thoroughly enjoyed the remodeling process, with more to come in the near future. The location and proximity to downtown was a major factor for me, as I would much rather walk than drive.
Location is the number one benefit of Buchon Cottage. To be able to stroll a few minutes and be in the center of downtown SLo whether for the Farmers Market or a night out dining is a pleasure.