Kapoho House Rental Photos and Description
Beautiful, Spacious 4 Bedroom Home with Plenty of Kapoho Views and Breezes
We are rarely able to offer our lovely home in September and October, but this year, we will be off to Spain and hope you will take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to stay in our luxurious paradise home. Look at our calendar and select your week or two now. Take advantage of this opportunity to stay in paradise.
Location: Kapoho, Champagne Ponds, Puna District, Big Island, Hawaii, USA (Gated Community With Warm Ocean Water Swimming!) View Map
Accommodations: House, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths (Sleeps 8). This is a wonderful location for a family reunion, or just a home to spread out in. This listing is for the entire home.
Fabulous new ocean view home with snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and swimming only a block away! Nice home built with quality materials, and stocked with just about anything you would want. You'll love it.
*The main lanai upstairs, is over 300 square feet of comfort. The trade winds keep you cool, as you watch the ocean from the comfortable furnishings. Gaze at the stars at night and glory at the full moon, as it rises over the ocean. The lanai is equipped with wicker furniture, gurgling fountain and a 3 burner, top of the line, gas grill.
*The upstairs has two additional smaller lanais, to enjoy the peaceful view, overlooking a neighboring pond and our extensive gardens.
*The downstairs lanai boasts a Hot Tub and outdoor shower, as well comfortable wicker furniture. There are plenty of ‘outdoor’ towels to use after your hot tub or shower, conveniently located next to the shower.
* Upstairs Great Room: This large room is used for many purposes. With the knotty pine vaulted ceilings, wall to wall windows, and an incredibly open floor plan, you feel like you are still outside. There is a large living area complete with a grand dining area and an ocean view dining area. The large Kitchen and Bar are fun to work in. The Tommy Bahama furniture makes it a great place to relax and unwind. The upstairs stereo, compatible for Apple devices and MP3 devices, has a surround sound and speakers on the upstairs lanai, for your listening pleasure.
* Upstairs Kitchen: The kitchen has top of the line hardware including appliances, faucets, sharp knives, stainless pots and pans. There is a French press, a Mr. Coffee, plenty of tea strainers, Vita Mix blender, fresh fruit/vegetable juicer, toaster, mixing bowls, kitchen towels, flatware, serving pieces, cutting boards, even a pressure cooker. The bar area is equipped with sink, making your cocktail or coffee hours easy for you. The whole area is very functional, and part of the great room, so nobody misses any of the fun happenings.
*Downstairs Living Area: There is an entrance from the lower lanai, and this area hosts the television, the office area and plenty of extra kitchen space. There is a dining room table in the hallway and a beautiful teak sculpture of dolphins. The comfortable tropical furniture makes this a great place to hang out to watch some movies. Did we say movies? We have over 700 movie titles to choose from, all housed in a separate Wi-Fi storage disk. Complete instructions are provided for the TV, movies and sound system.
* Master Bedroom (Upstairs): Large room with a comfortable (not too hard, not too soft) Queen-sized bed, bay window, two dressers, nightstands, reading lamps, a large open air closet, ceiling fan, and an antique rocking chair for reading or relaxing.
* Master Bath: This bathroom is huge! It is covered with Travertine, on the floors, bath splash and in the large shower. The counter top is of granite and has two sinks. Of course there are towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body soap and a hair dryer.
* Second Bedroom (Upstairs): Comfortable Queen-sized bed, with a dresser, reading lamps, a comfortable chair and plenty of space to spread out. The ceiling fan helps keep this room cool and comfortable.
* Second Bathroom: This bathroom joins the second bedroom and functions as the powder room as well. It has a shower, with Travertine walls, plenty of room to hang your clothes, and toilet all in a good-sized bathroom. Fluffy towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body soap, and a hair dryer make it all work well. The shower area and toilet/sink area are separated by a beautiful knotty pine door, for privacy.
*Third Bedroom (Downstairs): This bedroom is located in the lower level and boasts a beautiful view of the orchid wall. The Queen sized bed is very comfortable and the room has a dresser, nightstands, reading lamps, a desk and comfortable chairs.
*Fourth Bedroom (Downstairs): Is located in the lower level and is comfortably furnished with a queen sized bed and plenty of room for your luggage.
*Third Bathroom (Downstairs): This bathroom is located directly across the hall from the Third Bedroom and has a Travertine surround Jacuzzi tub and shower and Travertine floors. Naturally, there are plenty of fresh towels, shampoo/conditioner, body soap and a hair dryer.
* Office: The office are is located in the lower level and has free Wi-Fi, a comfortable office chair, and a built in desk. If you have to do work while you are visiting, this is an comfortable place to get the job done. There's also a door leading to the lower lanai, for an extra-spacious feeling.
* Garage: This is where all the toys (2 bicycles, 4 boogie boards, 1 two person kayak, and 1 surf board) are stored. There is plenty of snorkel gear, but we can't guarantee we'll have your size. This is also where the electric golf cart lives. As a renter, you may use this for to drive around the beautiful, peaceful neighborhood.
Other information about what we provide:
* Shampoo, Hair Conditioner, Hand/Body soap, Dish soap, Dishwasher soap, Laundry soap, Toilet Paper (If this seems silly to mention, we agree. We stayed at a distant vacation rental where they gave us 'starter' toilet paper. It was a very short roll of TP in each bathroom. We don't want you to have to experience that.)
* Hair Dryers
* Umbrellas--just in case
More details about our home:
* Our home is built with top-quality materials with attention to every detail. The primary entry way on the Upstairs lanai boasts natural slate decking and beautiful front French doors. On the inside, the floors are all bamboo and the vaulted ceiling is of beautiful knotty pine. Each of the smaller lanais has French doors opening onto them. The smaller lanais are also floored with slate, as well as all of the other outdoor living areas. The stair well is stunning, with it’s combination of dark and light wood treads, dark wood handrails and privately commissioned bamboo mural. The upper Great Room has custom blown sconces that remind us of the beautiful heliconia that grace the entryway on the street level. There is plenty of room and light in this amazingly beautiful and comfortable home.
If there is no availability for the time you are interested in staying in the entire house, or you want something a little less expensive, check out renting just the lower level. The following listing is available when the entire house is NOT available.
Hawaii State Tax ID W08920333-01
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
We are retired from the corporate world, but not from the love of life and the great adventures of the world. This is our home. When we are gone on a vacation, is it available. That is the reason it is only booked occasionally - we love it here!
Holly purchased this house in 2008
Why Holly chose Kapoho
We came to Kapoho in 2008 because of the beauty and serenity. After years in the corporate world, we both decided that this is the best place to retire. We have a huge garden, enjoying swimming in Champagne Ponds, and all of the other beautiful swimming locations in our area.
We are both active in the Kapoho and the greater Hilo area and love to participate in the wonderful offerings this side of the island offers.
What makes this house unique
Thermally heated tidal ponds are common in this area and some are warmer than others. This is the only area of Hawaii with these, so it is truly unique. The Marine Sanctuary is a 5 minute bike ride (or a 15 minute walk). Incredibly colored/shaped corals and small schools of good-sized fish. Big schools of smaller fish. We have travelled quite a bit, and this gem is easily accessed--what a treat. Or you can bike up and down the coast, with minimal car interference, even though we don't have official bike lanes. Or you can walk along the coast, towards Cape Kumukahi, the most Eastern point of the island, and the state.