|Minimum Stay||14 nights|
Location: Kapoho, Champagne Ponds, Puna District, Big Island, Hawaii, USA (Gated Community With Warm Ocean Water Swimming!) View Map
Accommodations: House, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths (Sleeps 8). This is a wonderful location for a family reunion, or just a home to spread out in. This listing is for the entire home.
Fabulous new ocean view home with snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and swimming only a block away! This is a beautiful home built with quality materials, and stocked with just about anything you would want. You'll love it.
*The main lanai upstairs, is over 300 square feet of comfort. The trade winds keep you cool, as you watch the ocean from the comfortable furnishings. Gaze at the stars at night and glory at the full moon, as it rises over the ocean. The lanai is equipped with wicker furniture, a hammock swing and a 3 burner, top of the line, gas grill.
*The upstairs has two additional smaller lanais, to enjoy the peaceful view, overlooking a neighboring pond and our extensive gardens.
*The downstairs lanai boasts a Hot Tub and outdoor shower, as well comfortable wicker furniture. There are plenty of ‘outdoor’ towels to use after your hot tub or shower, conveniently located next to the shower.
* Upstairs Great Room: This large room is used for many purposes. With the knotty pine vaulted ceilings, wall to wall windows, and an incredibly open floor plan, you feel like you are still outside. There is a large living area complete with a grand dining area and an ocean view dining area. The large Kitchen and Bar are fun to work in. The Tommy Bahama furniture makes it a great place to relax and unwind.
* Upstairs Kitchen: The kitchen has top of the line hardware including appliances, faucets, sharp knives, stainless pots and pans. There is a French press, a Mr. Coffee, plenty of tea strainers, Vita Mix blender, fresh fruit/vegetable juicer, toaster, mixing bowls, kitchen towels, flatware, serving pieces, cutting boards, even a pressure cooker. The bar area is equipped with sink, making your cocktail or coffee hours easy for you. The whole area is very functional, and part of the great room, so nobody misses any of the fun happenings.
*Downstairs Living Area: There is an entrance from the lower lanai, and this area hosts the television, the office area and plenty of extra kitchen space. There is a dining room table in the hallway and a beautiful teak sculpture of dolphins. The comfortable tropical furniture makes this a great place to hang out to watch some movies. Did we say movies? We have over 700 movie titles to choose from, all housed in a separate Wi-Fi storage disk. Complete instructions are provided for the TV, movies and sound system.
* Master Bedroom (Upstairs): Large room with a comfortable (not too hard, not too soft) Queen-sized bed, bay window, two dressers, nightstands, reading lamps, a large open air closet, ceiling fan, and an antique rocking chair for reading or relaxing.
* Master Bath: This bathroom is huge! It is covered with Travertine, on the floors, bath splash and in the large shower. There is a separate jacuzzi bath tub to relax in. The counter top is of granite and has two sinks. Of course there are plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body soap and a hair dryer.
* Second Bedroom (Upstairs): Comfortable Queen-sized bed, with a dresser, reading lamps, a desk and plenty of space to spread out. The ceiling fan helps keep this room cool and comfortable.
* Second Bathroom: This bathroom joins the second bedroom and functions as the powder room as well. It has a shower, with Travertine walls, plenty of room to hang your clothes, and toilet all in a good-sized bathroom. Fluffy towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body soap, and a hair dryer make it all work well. The shower area and toilet/sink area are separated by a beautiful knotty pine door, for privacy.
*Third Bedroom (Downstairs): This bedroom, is located in the lower level, is furnished in lovely tropical designs and boasts a beautiful view of the orchid wall. The Queen sized bed is very comfortable and the room has a dresser, nightstands, reading lamps, a desk and comfortable chairs. There is plenty of room in the closet to store your vacation clothes.
*Fourth Bedroom (Downstairs): Is located in the lower level and is comfortably furnished with a queen sized bed, nightstands, a dresser and plenty of room for your all of your belongings in the closet.
*Third Bathroom (Downstairs): This bathroom is located directly across the hall from the Third Bedroom and has a Travertine surround Jacuzzi tub and shower and Travertine floors. Naturally, there are plenty of fresh towels, shampoo/conditioner, body soap and a hair dryer.
* Office: The office are is located in the lower level and has free Wi-Fi, a comfortable office chair, and a built in desk. If you have to do work while you are visiting, this is an comfortable place to get the job done. There's also a door leading to the lower lanai, for an extra-spacious feeling.
* Garage: This is where all the toys (2 bicycles, 4 boogie boards, 1 two person kayak, and 1 surf board) are stored. There is plenty of snorkel gear, but we can't guarantee we'll have your size. This is also where the electric golf cart lives. As a renter, you may use this for to drive around the beautiful, peaceful neighborhood.
Other information about what we provide:
* Shampoo, Hair Conditioner, Hand/Body soap, Dish soap, Dishwasher soap, Laundry soap, Toilet Paper (If this seems silly to mention, we agree. We stayed at a distant vacation rental where they gave us 'starter' toilet paper. It was a very short roll of TP in each bathroom. We don't want you to have to experience that.)
* Hair Dryers
* Umbrellas--just in case
* Re-usable shopping bags
* Cooler to use for your outings
More details about our home:
* Our home is built with top-quality materials with attention to every detail. The primary entry way on the upstairs lanai boasts natural slate decking and beautiful French doors that enter into the amazingly spacious and well-appointed great room. On the inside, the floors are all bamboo and the vaulted ceiling is of beautiful knotty pine. Each of the smaller lanais has French doors opening onto them. The smaller lanais are also floored with slate, as well as all of the other outdoor living areas. The stair well is stunning, with it’s combination of dark and light wood treads, dark wood handrails and privately commissioned bamboo mural. The upper Great Room has custom blown sconces that remind us of the beautiful heliconia that grace the entryway on the street level. There is plenty of room and light in this amazingly beautiful and comfortable home.
*Please note…there is limited availably for this rental, as it is our home. It is available when we are traveling for extended periods of time.
If there is no availability for the time you are interested in staying in the entire house, or you want something a little less expensive, check out renting just the lower level. The following listing is available when the entire house is NOT available.
Hawaii State Tax ID W08920333-01
We are retired from the corporate world, but not from the love of life and the great adventures of the world. This is our home. When we are gone on a vacation, is it available. That is the reason it is only booked occasionally - we love it here!
Holly purchased this house in 2008
We came to Kapoho in 2008 because of the beauty and serenity. After years in the corporate world, we both decided that this is the best place to retire. We have a huge pineapple patch, vegetable garden, fruit trees and orchids to keep us busy. It's a wonderful life...enjoying a swim in Champagne Ponds, or all of the other beautiful swimming locations in our area, walking along the seaside lava bluffs or just kicking back and listening to the ocean and feeling the cooling trade winds.
We are both active in the Kapoho and the greater Hilo area and love to participate in the wonderful offerings this side of the island offers.
Thermally heated tidal ponds are common in this area and some are warmer than others. This is the only area of Hawaii with these, so it is truly unique. The Marine Sanctuary is a 5 minute bike ride (or a 15 minute walk). Incredibly colored/shaped corals and small schools of good-sized fish. Big schools of smaller fish. We have travelled quite a bit, and this gem is easily accessed--what a treat. Or you can bike up and down the coast, with minimal car interference, even though we don't have official bike lanes. Or you can walk along the coast, towards Cape Kumukahi, the most Eastern point of the island, and the state.
We stayed for 14 days and enjoyed every moment. The home is exactly as pictured and has many amenities, snorkel equipment, golf cart, bicycle to name a few. We especially enjoyed the golf cart, we were able to get around quickly and easily. A very big thank you to the owners for making it available for our use. The layout of the home is perfect for couples. We toured the area, snorkeled, visited Farmers Markets and had several great meals in Pahoa. We highly recommend visiting Onomea Tea Company near Hilo. Rob and Mike are wonderful hosts and the tea tasting is an incredible experience.
I highly recommend this property.
Beautiful home, well worth the price. Very well stocked, they supplied more than enough towels, toiletries, and extras in the kitchen. Everything you would need for a stay away from home. Loved the location, we walked around the community and the homes there were all beautiful and friendly neighbors. We were surprised we were so close to the champagne ponds, which was on our list of things to see anyway. Very clean, well maintained home, beautiful furnishings, all the beds were very very comfortable. The weather in this area can be muggier than other parts of the island, but it is well worth it for the scenery around there and it is nicely located for sightseeing.
We arrived late, it was dark, and tried to follow our GPS to the lockbox, which misled us. Thankfully, we had the phone number to call. The owners did a great job of giving directions so my advice is to follow their directions and not your GPS.
The home was stunning! We were wishing we had stayed longer on this side of the island (3 nights). The home has everything you could possibly need including toiletries, all kitchenwear and appliance needs, directions on how to maintain the home (avoid bugs), a huge movie library (which we were too tired to watch when we got back from our outings), an easy walk and/or golf cart ride to Champagne Pond. We had wonderful weather while we were here with only a few short shower bursts. I most highly recommend this property for a stay while you are in Hawaii. We will recommend it to our family and friends.
This is a beautiful home with everything you'd ever want for a luxury vacation. We've had the pleasure of staying here twice for several weeks each time. The first time they were renevating parts of it and this past time the home renovations were done. There is so much to see and do at the home, in the neighborhood and on the island. The listing description is accurate and the photo's reflect what you get. The owners are gracious people and go above board to make you feel like it's your home while you are there. We'd recommend this to our best friends and family. We did bring all our family with us the first trip and they loved it. Our favorite restaurant is Kaleo's in Pahoa, a ten minute drive, make reservations, make sure you have the owners home made cheese cake, a taste of heaven, coconut prawns, calamari, all to die for. Did I say we love Kaleo's, oh so good! We loved Pahoa's and Makuu and Hilo's Farmers markets, and all the fresh fruit and produce. Try the apple banana's, awesome. Driving to Hawaii's Volcano Natonal Park was great, stayed for the evening to see the action. Also love the Atkatsuka Orchid Gardens in Volcano, Hi, it's on the way to the volcano national park. The Kanapala-Kapoho Beach Road is our favorite drive during the day! We also love the Wednesday evening music and locals food and wares down the road at Kalapana, go listen, eat, dance etc (also be sure to have lunch at the Kalapana Village Cafe, best hamburger ever). Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo & Gardens in Pahoa is nice. Loved Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens, Hilo, HI. The Alae Cemetery, Hilo, Hawaii was quite interesting, never have seen anything like it. The list is endless and the owners have written up a book for you so you won't miss a thing to see or do. Be sure to read it as soon as you arrive so you won't miss their favorites.
My friend and I were staying at this beautiful B&B on the big island of Hawaii. We slept there for 3 nights and wished we´d never have to leave. This place is absolutely paradise on earth. The owners are super friendly and open minded and open for wonderful conversations.
I would definitely recommend staying at this B&B to all my friends and family. If you want to feel like home away from home and enjoy beautiful Hawaii, you´ve come to the right place!
The garden offers fresh produce and fruits/ vegetables are soo delicious! Can´t wait to come back and pick my own breakfast.
Don't forget - Hawaii Island has an active volcano. Drive about 20 miles, through the jungle on a coastal highway to view the lava entering the ocean. We're also just over an hour drive from Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park, the historical Kilauea caldera and home of Pele, the fire goddess. You can check out Hot/Warm Ponds, Champagne Pond, and Wai O Pae Marine Sanctuary all within walking, or short biking distance. Because of all the warm springs in the area the ocean water is a little bit warmer here, around 5 degrees F -- not a lot, but for us every degree helps.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
14 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
|Cleaning Fee-starting at||$150 + Tax|
50% deposit to book; Balance 30 days before arrival.
Cancellation: 100% 90 days prior, 50% 60 days prior.
Rate is based on 8 people. Extras at $15/night for less than 7 nights; $10/night for 7 nights or more. Notify owner if you are interested in more than 8 people and you will be provided with pertinent information.
Property Damage Protection Starting at $49.
Check in 4 PM. Check out 10 AM
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.