|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
The Collector's House, located at 209 W. South Street, is a 1325 square-foot, 2-story masonry “shotgun row house” built in 1920, with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and original heart pine floors. (It is the right hand side of a duplex.)
Completely renovated in early 2013, this high-ceilinged, sun-filled house has been furnished to provide a relaxing, attractive oasis to guests, with all the comforts of home. (The left side of the duplex is also a FrederickVacationRentals.com property, called The Artist's House.)
The Collector's House is decorated with many unusual objects from the quirky and eclectic collections of the owner's father, a true Renaissance man and self-professed 'Master Pack Rat.' (You can't take it all with you, but you CAN leave it to your children...)
The Collector's House has beds for 6 and an additional inflatable airbed which can be set up in the dining room or living room.
Although children are permitted as guests at The Collector's House, the home is NOT recommended for toddlers or pre-school-age children. Because there are many fragile pieces of art and collectibles in the house within arms' reach, children should either be newborns or older children who are not inclined to touch everything they see!
For more information, look at the detailed listing for The Collector's House at FrederickVacationRentals website.
I am an enthusiastic traveler and have been booking my extended family’s vacations online for many years. Before each trip, I spend countless hours researching unique and comfortable hideaways for us to inhabit – in part because I am an online travel junkie, but mostly because I believe that the quality of the accommodations is a huge contributor to the success of any vacation. It's so much easier exploring new worlds when one's family has a comfortable place to sleep, bathe, decompress, and plan the next day's adventures.
And even more than I love exploring other parts of the planet, I love introducing and sharing Frederick (my part of the planet since 1974) with others. I knew
from day one that Frederick County had a very special charm. To me, it has only gotten more charming (and considerably more diverse) in the past 39 years.
Presently, Frederick has no downtown hotel and just two popular downtown B&B’s. I was surprised to discover that there is a dearth of short-term furnished properties or vacation homes available to rent in the downtown area – a huge
omission, from my perspective, because Frederick City and Frederick County are wonderful places for extended visits.
At a crossroads in my life, I decided that something needed to be done about this.
Thus the birth of Frederick Vacation Rentals
Owner/Property Manager purchased this house in 2012
Stay here and...
- Walk downtown for coffee and bagels in the morning.
- Sit in a Market Street sidewalk cafe (Cacique, Isabella's) and people watch.
- In cold weather, sit inside at a window seat table (Tasting Room, Olives, Firestones) and people watch.
- Enjoy the downtown festivities and late night shopping on Frederick's First Saturdays (every month of the year!)
- Explore dozens of wonderful restaurants and hundreds of interesting shops.
- See a performance in Frederick's Theatre District (yes, we DO have one!)
- Visit the brand new Frederick Visitor's Center on East Street, see the 13 minute movie and find out how many fantastic things there are to do in Frederick City and County!
- Visit the National Museum of Civil War Medicine on Patrick Street.
- Take a leisurely walk or bike ride in Frederick's city-long linear park, Baker Park.
- Take the Frederick Wine Tour or visit one of our three microbreweries.
- Take a Ghost Tour on a dark and stormy night (available every weekend from spring-fall).
- Follow the Visitor's Center Treasure map through Frederick's historic downtown.
- Look up the many special events going on in town on the City's Office of Special Events Website: the Festival of the Arts, Fourth of July, the In the Street Festival, Holidays events all December.
- Attend the Great Frederick Fair in September and Frederick's two Oktoberfests in - you guessed it - October!
- Tour the Delaplaine Art Museum and Frederick's many ecclectic art galleries.
- Hear some live music at the Frederick Coffee House, Cafe Nola, Brewer's Alley, the Bentz Street Sports Bar, Cafe 611, to name just a few of many venues.
- Check out the Children's Museum at Rose Hill Manor, the Taney House, the Frederick Historical Society, the Hessian Barracks.
- Read the Frederick Magazine and the Frederick Newspost - you just won't believe how neat this area is - and you'll want to come back again and again!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$400|
ATTN: VRBO's Rate System does not always price correctly.
2 nt stays:
$400: 2 midweek nts (Mon-Thus)
$450: 1 midweek nt/1 weekend nt (Fri, Sat, Sun)
$500: 2 weekend nts (Fri, Sat, Sun)
After a 2 night stay, each additional weekday night is $100; each additional weekend night is $150
3 nts: $500 - $650
4 nts: $600 - $750
5 nts: $750 - $850
6 nts: $950
1 wk: $1000
Reduced rates for longer stays!
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.