Property is OK, everything else (Angle Fire) ...
I was very satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
I was somewhat unhappy with the location.
The vacation rental was spotless.
The property manager was very helpful.
Overall, I do not recommend this vacation rental.
Property is OK, everything else (Angle Fire) was terrible
We rented this property because of its proximity to the ski slopes. It is very close, but we found out quickly that:
1) Angel Fire doesn't seem to have to concept of side walks, and they DO NOT keep the area between these condos and the ski area maintained. Expect walking up an icy hill while hoping a car doesn't ram you, or walking through some trees.
2) There are no free shuttles in this city
3) The ski resort staff is extremely rude
4) There is no place to drop off people anywhere near the slope (only the paid shuttles are allowed drop offs)
5) The ski slope does not have an indoor area where people can watch the skiers on the slopes.
6) Expect to get nickled and dimed at the ski resort
7) There is not much city life here - go to Red River, NM. The city is has plenty of restaurants and shops that are fun to meander through after a day on the slopes (it's about 30-45 mins north of Angel Fire).
The above details are crucial since I brought my 60/70 year old parents so they could watch their kids/grand kids ski.
The property rental was OK, but the distance is deceptive given the unmaintained (nonexistent) walkways. The rental was well furnished, and very pretty. The heating is hard to set, given it has many base board heaters, a few electric heaters, and they all have separate controls.
This is a ground floor rental, so expect to hear people walking above you (fairly normal if you are accustom to apartment living, but it can seem bothersome if you are not use to it)
The property management is awesome too. They were prompt when we had a plumbing problem, and very polite. It's a shame the property and management are in such a dismal city.
Helpful votes: 0/1
Did you find this review helpful?