Elk Rapids Cottage Rental Photos and Description
2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, 6 Sleeps 1,100 Sq Ft Private Cottage At Brys Estate Winery
A former barn on the 91-acre winery estate has been transformed into a storybook 2-bedroom,2 bath, 1,100 square foot guest house with fully equipped kitchen and great room. Enjoy vineyard views from every window, as well as breathtaking views of the East Grand Traverse Bay.
This private guesthouse is located on Old Mission Peninsula about 15 minutes from downtown Traverse City. Old Mission Peninsula is surrounded by the East and West Grand Traverse Bays of Lake Michigan and has 8 wineries, 6 restaurants, local market, general store, beaches, playgrounds and lighthouse within minutes of property.
Arise early enough and you can catch the sunrise over the Bay on the porch's wicker chairs. Stroll the estate and relax amidst the vines and all of nature's best as you leave the hustle and bustle of everyday life behind!
UPSTAIRS: One king bedroom and one bedroom with two queen beds. Full hall bath.
DOWNSTAIRS: Great room with full kitchen, dining area, breakfast bar and bath with shower. Private porch features wicker chairs overlooking the vineyards and East Grand Traverse Bay.
- Exclusive private use of the guest house
- Fully equipped kitchen features granite tops and stainless steel appliances
- 42 inch HDTV flat screen in great room with DVD player and cable TV
- Each bedroom includes a full size dresser, clothes closet, flat screen TV, alarm clock, luggage rack and 2 terry cloth robes
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- Complimentary bottle of Brys Estate wine (dry white or semi-sweet)
- Complimentary wine tasting at the Brys Estate tasting room with souvenir wine glass for each adult guest
- After the first night, a complimentary glass of wine in the tasting room is included for each adult guest for each additional paid nights stay (additional $5 charge for premium wine selections)
- Central AC and heat
- Towels & linens
- Coffee, tea & creamer provided
- Ironing board & iron
- The following toiletries are provided for your convenience: handmade natural lavender soap, conditioning shampoo, makeup remover wipes and shower cap.
- Gas grill provided upon request
- Outdoor furniture, including picnic table
- Washer & dryer for guests staying 3 or more nights
- Guests who wish to add a Private Tour & Tasting with appetizers in our brick and mahogany cask room will receive a $25 discount off our normal rates.
Please note that because we want this to be a very private experience for our guests, we do not offer housekeeping service. Adequate towels will be supplied for the length of the stay.
Call For More Information Or To Make A Reservation By Phone.
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- non smoking only
About Eileen Brys
Step back in time and enjoy a Pure Michigan experience when you visit Brys Estate Vineyard &Winery, an 91-acre estate on Old Mission Peninsula - reborn.
Brys Estate produces small batch, estate bottled wines and the 38-acre vineyard produces Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. These estate wines have been awarded over 300 medals in International, national and state competitions.
Visitors will delight in winding past the renovated 1890's farm house, a barn transformed into a guest house, lush gardens and rolling vineyards as they make their way to the state of the art winery.
Sample award-winning wines in the elegant tasting room, enjoy a glass of wine on the outdoor patio overlooking the vineyard, set up a private tour and tasting in the international barrel room or book a stay in the private guest house.
At Brys Estate, you're encouraged to taste the estate difference!
Eileen Brys purchased this cottage in 2000
Why Eileen Brys chose Elk Rapids
After combing the country for property to start a vineyard and winery, the owners returned to their home state of Michigan to check out the availability of vineyard land in the Traverse City area. It was love at first sight when they saw the 91-acre dilapidated former cherry orchard and buildings. The 1890's farm house was completely renovated, the land was cleared and cover cropped to prepare it for planting grapes. During the 4 year process of planting grapes and clearing the old buildings, the owners also moved an old barn into the valley on the property as well as renovate an old tractor barn into a storybook guest cottage. In 2004 construction on the winery and tasting room began and the tasting room was open to the public in May of 2005.
What makes this cottage unique
The transformation of the guest cottage is magical. The views of the vineyards and East Grand Traverse Bay are breathtaking and the coziness of the house is unmistakable. Guests can stroll the 91 acres, the vines, the woods and enjoy nature at its best.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thanks so much for sharing this amazing place! We had a wonderful and relaxing time. We will be back again as soon as possible.