|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
This 1910 carriage house is a separate 850 sq. Foot home in the beautiful back garden of owner's historic family property in old town Sausalito (a breathtaking fisherman’s seaside town right over San Francisco golden gate bridge). Features include:
• arrive to a tray of fresh baked organic and seasonal treats, a jar full of daily inspirations and an herbal tea with fresh ginger to help you settle into the moment.
• be inspired by the home's wonderful character throughout interior - fresh and airy painted all white interior and lovely hardwood floors, bead board ceilings and trim, shingle exterior. Renovated kitchen with granite countertops, appliances, and tile flooring. Victorian-style pedestal sink in bathroom with shower. Bedroom upstairs is on its own floor with high ceilings and lovely hardwood floors reminiscent of boat deck flooring. Great place for watching the sunrise. Partial view of san francisco bay from front porch, as well as your living room, kitchen, and upstairs bedroom. Private garden entrance through picket fence with easy street parking using owner's free guest parking pass that is provided during your stay.
• convenient access to inspire walking and public transportation - only 2 blocks to the waterfront, restaurants and public transportation bus stop, grocery store and coin laundromat or laundry/dry cleaning delivery service, 10 minutes to the Sausalito ferry terminal and shopping boutiques in town in one direction, and marin headlands national park in the other direction. 15 minutes into San Francisco across the golden gate or 30-45 minutes by bicycle.
• fully furnished with all necessities including queen size bed, dining table and chairs, side tables, couch, rugs, dishware and much more all in owner signature urban farmhouse style . Enjoy one-of-a-kind vintage items hand selected by owner at antique markets around the world designed to inspire you to slow down, simplify, and live life with passion.
• enjoy owner’s favorite decorating magazines and spiritual awakening, travel, organic cooking and lifestyle books.
• option to treat yourself to one of owner’s one hour personal coaching experiences without leaving your carriage house. Teachings include guest favorites such as: discover and live your purpose now, paint your purpose, or the 7 spiritual laws of success and parenting teachings by deepak chopra.
I am the founder of the lifestyle brand Maison reve (means dream home in french). My mother is suisse french and i grew up in Montreal. As a child, we were raised to enjoy simple living and now my passion is to inspire others to slow the pace of our busy lives down so we fully enjoy the moment of everyday life. My business has been featured in several national magazines showcasing our signature urban farmhouse design style that you will experience at the carriage house. I live with my Australian born husband (from Sydney) and our two children in our 1893 Victorian home that we fully restored a few years ago.
Yasmine McGrane purchased this house in 2004
Our main home and this seperate detached 1910 historic carriage house in the back garden of property are completely magical. I knew they were special the minute I first walked inside. They are one of the oldest houses in the whole Bay area, main house was built in 1893 by a shipyard captain with the carriage house in 1910. We spent 2 years fully restoring both places and the gardens. We feel very blessed to live in such a wonderful place and raise our young children here. It's not just the spectacular view and all the places to explore, it's the birds that visit the garden each morning, the lovely trees and just the energy of this place is serene. When my husband and I stand on our front porch at night and watch the moon and stars above catching the shimmering light on the Bay it still takes our breath away every time.
The views inspire you to feel grateful for everything in life. The location inspires you to walk to the downtown, take a ferry and explore San Francisco, Napa or Sonoma wine country, the redwood trees in Muir Woods, the lovely California beaches or skiing in Lake Tahoe. The property is a magical retreat in the heart of everything you want to experience. We feel enormously grateful to be able to share this with others from all around the world.
The location of this little house is perfect ,very nice décoration,very good confort . Close to ferry for SFO.one large living room plus a very large bed rooom.
No problem for parking . Nice view on the bay. Idéal for relax in Sausalito and visit SFO.
We recommend this adress.
The Carriage House was spotless. Loved all the "little" extras Yasmine
offered like bathrobes, excellent tea selection, high quality shampoos, body
milk etc., herbs on your own little terrace ... Yasmine designed a fantastic
home - so inspiring. There are also a lot of books and magazines - wished we
had more time to read :-). Hopefully next time!
My new Husband and I had the wonderful opportunity to stay at the Carriage House for our honeymoon. We could not have asked for a better place to stay. The Carriage House was super cute and clean with a calming environment. It had a full kitchen, which was really nice for the evening we wanted to stay in a cook. It location was perfect! Easy walk to downtown Sausalito and all the cute shops, restaurants, and the ferry into SF. Yasmine was lovely to work with and made sure everything went perfectly. Thank you for the wonderful stay :)
We had such a special stay at Yasmine's adorable carriage house last week. It is in the best location, close to everything in Sausalito, yet tucked away in a very quiet neighborhood. We were delighted by it's cozy charm and cheerful decor. The furnishings are so comfortable and the bed (with gorgeous linens) was heaven. Yasmine was very welcoming and we loved the bottle of wine and delicious breakfast pastry she left for us. We are coffee drinkers, so the travel coffee press was a bit of a challenge, but it worked out fine. We truly hated to leave and can't wait to return.
We had a wonderful stay in the carriage house, Close to Everything in Sausalito!
Le Reve, Is truly a dream. My clan and I spent several exquisite full moon nights under the comfort and grace of this charming hideaway nestled into the hillside in the most lovely of Sausalito's neighborhoods. We arrived during perfect spring weather to find ourselves enchanted by the attention to detail of our hostess Yasmine, a wonderful bottle of organic red wine and delicious macaroons from Cibo, our favorite!
The Carriage house itself was so beautifully laid out with an inviting color scheme of white with many cool toned accents of sea glass and other oceanic hues in juxtaposition with the carefully placed antiques and artifacts. The most alluring element of this seaside abode were the unbelievably sumptuous fine linen sheets and duvets as well as the gorgeous bath towels and fine natural pillows and rugs which are dotted about the house, if you love quality in such accouterments they are evident here. The full kitchen was a plus as well, as we were so enthralled by the space we wanted to stay in and cook periodically
and drink wine gazing at the starry skies from the deck. This is a little corner of bliss by the bay with captivating views and a stones throw from one of the most alluring cities in the world. A true little gem***
Imagine walking through a white picket fence, passing organic vegetables and smelling the scent of lemon thyme as you travel the winding path to your front door. Take a leisurely stroll up secret staircases between beautiful Victorian homes in old town sausalito at the end of the day. Awake to blue jays chirping as you meditate in your airy upper bedroom. Clip fresh mint from your porch garden and sip in a vintage tea cup while watching the sun rise each morning. Walk to a local yoga class on a saturday morning just 10 minute from home. Enjoy a fresh baked croissant at local coffee shops while people watching. Lay in bed as you listen to the mystical fog horns on a quintessential San Francisco evening while immersed in a good book. Walk to the ferry terminal just 10 minutes walk away passing fishing boats and rowers out on the bay before taking a ferry into san francisco for site seeing, Visting Alcatraz or perhaps exploring the San Francisco ferry building. Bike on a sunday morning to sausalito’s farmers market and take cooking classes at one of many local cooking schools. Treat yourself to a spa day at great spas like Cavallo point just 5 minutes away. Share a moment with a friend or family member and glass of wine watching the sunset and sailboats drifting by without leaving your front porch. Relax into the person you were born to be.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 24 2015 - Jan 2 2016
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 3 guests; add $35 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|