Sausalito House Rental Photos and Description
2 Story, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, With Water Views
This 1910 carriage house is a separate 850 sq. Foot home in the beautiful back garden of owner's historic family property in old town Sausalito (a breathtaking fisherman’s seaside town right over San Francisco golden gate bridge). Features include:
• arrive to a tray of fresh baked organic and seasonal treats, a jar full of daily inspirations and an herbal tea with fresh ginger to help you settle into the moment.
• be inspired by the home's wonderful character throughout interior - fresh and airy painted all white interior and lovely hardwood floors, bead board ceilings and trim, shingle exterior. Renovated kitchen with granite countertops, appliances, and tile flooring. Victorian-style pedestal sink in bathroom with shower. Bedroom upstairs is on its own floor with high ceilings and lovely hardwood floors reminiscent of boat deck flooring. Great place for watching the sunrise. Partial view of san francisco bay from front porch, as well as your living room, kitchen, and upstairs bedroom. Private garden entrance through picket fence with easy street parking using owner's free guest parking pass that is provided during your stay.
• convenient access to inspire walking and public transportation - only 2 blocks to the waterfront, restaurants and public transportation bus stop, grocery store and coin laundromat or laundry/dry cleaning delivery service, 10 minutes to the Sausalito ferry terminal and shopping boutiques in town in one direction, and marin headlands national park in the other direction. 15 minutes into San Francisco across the golden gate or 30-45 minutes by bicycle.
• fully furnished with all necessities including queen size bed, dining table and chairs, side tables, couch, rugs, dishware and much more all in owner signature urban farmhouse style . Enjoy one-of-a-kind vintage items hand selected by owner at antique markets around the world designed to inspire you to slow down, simplify, and live life with passion.
• enjoy owner’s favorite decorating magazines and spiritual awakening, travel, organic cooking and lifestyle books.
• option to treat yourself to one of owner’s one hour personal coaching experiences without leaving your carriage house. Teachings include guest favorites such as: discover and live your purpose now, paint your purpose, or the 7 spiritual laws of success and parenting teachings by deepak chopra.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets not allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
I am the founder of the lifestyle brand Maison reve (means dream home in french). My mother is suisse french and i grew up in Montreal. As a child, we were raised to enjoy simple living and now my passion is to inspire others to slow the pace of our busy lives down so we fully enjoy the moment of everyday life. My business has been featured in several national magazines showcasing our signature urban farmhouse design style that you will experience at the carriage house. I live with my Australian born husband (from Sydney) and our two children in our 1893 Victorian home that we fully restored a few years ago.
Our main home and this seperate detached 1910 historic carriage house in the back garden of property are completely magical. I knew they were special the minute I first walked inside. They are one of the oldest houses in the whole Bay area, main house was built in 1893 by a shipyard captain with the carriage house in 1910. We spent 2 years fully restoring both places and the gardens. We feel very blessed to live in such a wonderful place and raise our young children here. It's not just the spectacular view and all the places to explore, it's the birds that visit the garden each morning, the lovely trees and just the energy of this place is serene. When my husband and I stand on our front porch at night and watch the moon and stars above catching the shimmering light on the Bay it still takes our breath away every time.
The views inspire you to feel grateful for everything in life. The location inspires you to walk to the downtown, take a ferry and explore San Francisco, Napa or Sonoma wine country, the redwood trees in Muir Woods, the lovely California beaches or skiing in Lake Tahoe. The property is a magical retreat in the heart of everything you want to experience. We feel enormously grateful to be able to share this with others from all around the world.