|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Live like a local at “Nathan’s Alley” in the sunny Lower Haight. Comfortable, cozy, art-filled apartment superbly situated in a “destination” neighborhood, mere blocks from so many must sees: the famous Victorians called 'Painted Ladies' of Alamo Square, Haight-Ashbury, the Castro District, Market Street & F Line Trolley (which takes you quickly to Fisherman’s Wharf, The Embarcadero, Ferry Bldg., The Exploratorium), Palace of Fine Arts, Fort Mason, Fort Point, The Presidio, Crissy Fields; not to mention the many venues the Lower Haight has to offer.
While the gourmet kitchen is there for those who love to cook, for those who do not there is host of nearby restaurants to choose from – several, such as Thep Phenom (Thai) and Indian Oven (both consistent winner of “Best of the Bay” in our local weeklies) being literally just down the block.
• a modern unit with 1100 sq ft, three bedrooms, 1.5 granite & marble bathrooms, living room, dining area & kitchen combined, all the conveniences & comforts of a home away from home.
• Steps away from a destination neighborhood that people drive for miles to get to.
• Garden: artfully landscaped garden that guests will enjoy.
• Bedrooms: Master bedroom with queen-sized bed, 2nd bdrm with queen-sized bed, living room with queen sofa sleeper, two twin-sized trundle beds in the back bdrm. Storage galore, 2 closets with organizers, chest drawers & hidden storage in the sofa sleepers, coffee tables & ottomans.
• Bathrooms: 1.5 bathrooms. Main bath: shower over tub, pedestal sink, toilet. Shampoo/conditioner, body wash provided. Half bath: toilet and sink with organizer for towels.
• Kitchen: Well-appointed fully-equipped gourmet kitchen, well-stocked for those who love to cook, a slew of nearby restaurants for those who don’t
* cafes: Bean There (right around the corner), Café du Soleil, Café International (live entertainment), The Grind, Duboce Park Cafe.
* multi-ethnic array of restaurants: Indian Oven, Squat & Gobble, Thep Phenom (Thai), Sushi Raw (Japanese, Chinese), Axium (Ethiopian), Palmyra (Mediterranean), Kate’s Kitchen, Maven Bar & Restaurant, Uva Enoteca, Chow, too many to mention.
• Laundry: On-site front loading washer & dryer (no coinage necessary)
• Heating: Central heating and thermostat controlled.
• Dining: Dining area seats 4 comfortably, a coffee table with a lift that converts to an additional 4 seating.
• Wifi: Two smart TVs (40” and 47”) with free Comcast Xfinity high-speed wifi, access to your private Netflix account, wifi-ready HDTV, all the entertainment, HBO, sports channel available. Sony Blu-ray DVD player & wifi ready, mini-stereo system, HP photoprinter scan, print for guests use.
• Parking: driveway in front of the property
• Pets: small well-behaved dog less than 20 lbs considered. Pet fee charge of $50 for minimum 3 nights stay.
• Parks: Within walking distance to the famous Alamo Square Park and the row of Victorians called “Painted Ladies”, the famous Haight-Ashbury district, Buena Vista Park, Duboce Park, Golden Gate Park, the Panhandle, Hayes Valley Playground.
• Transportation: Easy access to all public transportations (bus, MUNI, BART) like 2-3 blocks away. MUNI to BART to the airport and other Bay Area destinations, (subway MUNI trains F, J, K, L, M, N lines to downtown, & AT&T Baseball Park). Mere blocks to the historic “F” trolley line that connects to the cable cars, the Ferry Building, Fisherman's Wharf. Literally 10-15 minutes to Union Square, Embarcadero Center, Modern Museum of Art, Randall Museum, De Young Museum, the Science Museum, Palace of Fine Arts. Transit score: 100; Bike and walk score: 91.
• Supermarkets & Pharmacy: Safeway (24-hr open 7 days a week), Whole Foods, Golden Natural Foods, CVS Pharmacy, mom & pop grocery stores mere blocks away.
• Medical Facilities: the world renowned University of California San Francisco Medical Center (UCSF), California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC), Davies Medical Center, San Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) are all within 15 minutes away. Free shuttle stops within 4 blocks away for UCSF & SFGH, 2 blocks for CPMC at Davies Medical Center.
• Rental Cars: Zipcar with depot of rental cars available within the neighborhood area. Check Zipcar.com website for more information.
• Wine Tour: wine tour shuttles within short distance from Nathan’s Alley. Check winetours.com website.
• Non-smoking apartment
Check in time: 3:00 pm
Check out time: 11:00 am
We have lived in all the units of our building and Nathan’s Alley certainly has had many fond memories for us. We look forward to speaking via phone with any who are interested in learning more about what we have.
Scott Taylor purchased this apartment in 1987
The Lower Haight is in the Heart of San Francisco. It's a neighborhood where you'll find an essence of what it means to call San Francisco one's home. It is in close proximity to all the conveniences of city living; close to all the shops, restaurants, groceries, transportation and experience living as a local. Also, it is close to all the must see sights of San Francisco. It is a very vibrant, interesting and diverse neighborhood where guests can enjoy the local flavor and what San Francisco has to offer.
All the amenities and conveniences of city living. Three bedrooms, one and half baths (1-1/2) with all the comforts of home.
Transit score: 100
Bike and walk score: 91.
Cars may not be necessary. There are rental cars within close proximity.
We loved our stay here at Nathan's Alley. Our family of 5 had plenty of room to spread out. We all loved the beds and plush blankets. We stayed cozy at night!
[We] were very impressed with how well-organized the apartment is. Everything is labeled, and direction booklets for all of the appliances are in the binder. For a small kitchen, the amount of small appliances, dishes, etc, is amazing! You have it all--and more! Especially grateful for the Keurig coffee machine and K-cups!
An excellent choice for a family occasion.Ample space in a very well appointed ground floor apartment.Parking was a challenge ,but one spot is always available.Extraordinary good value in a convenient location.An added bonus was our dealings with the owners, who were particularly helpful.
Our group decided to spend NYE in the city and this vacation rental was the perfect place to stay!
First of all, the Haight is one of the most awesome areas in SF to be. They have everything you could want when it comes to food, bars, and entertainment. I would specifically recommend Hobson's Choice Rum bar. It's a bit of walk down the Haight, but it's well worth it..especially if you can make it to their happy hour!
Second, this apartment has everything a group could need. The instructions on how to get in were very clear, the kitchen was fully-stocked for cooking, the entire apartment was very well cleaned and inviting. We loved that there were snacks out on the table for us and also a binder full of ideas of what to do around the area. Public transportation is super easy to get to and for everything else we used Uber. Nothing we could want to get to was very far away at all. This location is truly prime.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to be comfortable, feel safe, and have a great time exploring the heart of San Francisco! From the moment we left, our group started discussing when we could return again!
Thanks Scott and Margaret!
The apartment was perfect for our needs and it was lovely to have all the comforts of home over Christmas as we stayed in hotels for the rest of our trip. The apartment was very clean, the kitchen very well equipped, the beds were very comfortable and there were lots of fresh towels. We also really appreciated the treats on our arrival. There is a folder provided with extensive information including maps and restaurant menus. We used public transport to get around during our stay, buses, metro & F train all a short walk away. Plenty of places to eat nearby but we only tried The Grind where we had an excellent brunch. The apartment being a bit dark didn't bother us at all because we were out during daylight hours anyway as I expect most tourists would be. Thanks for letting us stay, we had a wonderful time in San Francisco.
The appartment is located behind the garage. Its entrace is between the 2 houses from the close transition. The picture shown on the webside gives a false impression. Photos are not made with daylight... that is an indication that daylight is not available. You are entering directly into the kitchen. Windows of kitchen and 2 rooms are facing againgst the wall of the neighbour house 3 feet distance of the window and are all covered with grids creating the feeling of Alcatraz. 2 Bedrooms with small windows to garden and neighbour house also with grids. Only 2 bedrooms have a wardrobe. One bed is in poor conditions: The mattress is worn out. In the appartment there is no table where 6 persons can comftable eat together. The kitchen table is too small and unsteady. The equipment of the kitchen is above average but this is not necessary. No direct access to the garden. You have to pass the transition where all people are passing living in the same building with their dogs. Garden was unclean and unattractive to use.
Noisy appartment. Your hear the dog bark until late at night and hear the TV of the neighbours and the washing mashine until midnight.
Bathrooms are without window. Appartment was not very clean.
We were shocked and disappointed. Parking space in front of the garage was often parked to cloose in a way that we could not enter.
Lower Haight is a nice area.
Just like the pictures. Great rental with everything you will need. Kitchen fully stocked, bed so comfortable you'll sleep in. Cute back patio to relax on after a long day. The neighborhood is so nice, walk to restaurants, park, coffee shop right on corner, mani pedi's right next door after your long day in the city. Smooth & easy rental process. This is one of my favorite rentals in the city (I rent 3 per year). I'll be back for sure. Thanks !
We had a great time. The apartment is perfectly located for our tastes. We prefer hanging out and meeting up with friends in the Lower Haight and this location is wonderful. Accommodations were great. Compact space with everything you need. Our one request would be a way to play music in the space. It was not clear how to hook up an ipod and cds do not work in the blue ray player. Thank you for letting us stay at your place!
SUNNY LOWER HAIGHT, DUBOCE TRIANGLE, NATHAN'S ALLEY SF, 3 BDRM 1.5 BATH GROUND FLR GARDEN APT with parking, centrally located in SF.
Accommodations: Apartment, 3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths (Sleeps maximum 6)
Centrally located, making all sights eminently accessible, many of them at close hand such as:
A) Dolores Park
B) Mission Dolores Church
C) Golden Gate Park
D) The Castro District
E) Hayes Street Shopping
G) Fillmore Jazz District
H) The Presidio
I) The Marina
J) The Opera House
K) San Francisco City Hall
L) AT & T Park (Baseball)
M) Union Square
O) The Exploratorium
P) The Palace of Fine Arts
Q) The Golden Gate Bridge
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$49|
$250 per night (maximum 6 guests) minimum 3 nights stay
Pet: small well-behaved dog less than 20 lbs considered
Cancellation Policy: Refund with notice of cancellation 30 days prior to arrival date. (except cancellation due to act of god).
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.