|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Village home in the heart of beautiful Skaneateles.
My family came together for a death in the family and we found this cute little home so much more comfortable than a motel. It was just what we needed to be together and reminisce. We found it very cozy but plenty of room for all to have their own space. The owners were quite relaxed on check in and check out times. It is located just a short walk from the quaint downtown area and the lake. The only thing I would add is that the ½ bath is quite small and dark. Not very functional and we really didn't use it or need it. Nice little get away to a beautiful area.
My daughter graduated from Syracuse and we had a very nice graduation celebration, extended weekend and Mothers day event with family and friends. This home was perfect
As regular hotel guests, this was our 1st time renting a house for our vacation.
1) The house is in an ideal location, with most places of interest in the village an easy walk from the house, no car needed.
2) The house itself is beautifully decorated, owners have great taste.
3) The house was spotless.
4) Upon arrival, the owners gave us a personal, detailed tour of the house, and went over every detail that we might need during our stay. The owners were easily accessible during our stay if need be..
5) The backyard is a nice size.
6) The house is directly across the street from Stella Morris Retreat House, a beautiful setting.
7) The house is on the main street in town, but you cannot hear hear any noise from the vehicular traffic at all.
8) The master bathroom is so awesome that it made us want to do a remodel on ours when we returned home.
Needless to say, we will be returning..
The location is perfect and the backyard is very nice. However, there were a number of things we were not pleased with considering how expensive the house was.
1. There is only air conditioning in the two main bedrooms. If it is hot (which is was during our stay) it is nearly impossible to spend any time in the common areas (which we didn't). Needless to say this put a damper on the visit.
2. Many of the amenities are old and outdated. The TV room (which we didn't use because of the heat) had an old, small screen TV.
3. In the master bath, there were exposed wires in the overhead lighting which we couldn't get to work over one sink.
4. We had guests in the small bedroom and since there was no air conditioning it was very uncomfortable. Along with the fact that the shared bathroom for this room and the other bedroom is tiny. An adult can barely turn around in the shower.
5. Since we spent much of our time in the air conditioned bedrooms while in the house, we were very surprised to see the couch in bedroom two was very dirty. Not a place you'd want to cozy up in.
Overall, it's a nice house. However, we expected it to be much more updated
given the price we paid.
Charming is the perfect word to describe this home. It worked great for the groom's extended family to relax before and after the wedding. Plenty of room, with a cute yard...worked perfectly for our needs!
This property is a short (~.2 mi) and very pleasant walk from the heart of the village and water front. The home is charmingly decorated (some in our party thought is was overdone) and had all the kitchen and food prep items you could imagine, including condiments for burgers and dogs. The home is spacious and has a place for people to congregate for conversation and games or segregate for reading and quiet. The beds were all very comfortable; linens are high quality. There was no bar soap in the showers--we used our own.
Being on the main thoroughfare, there is a bit of street noise, especially for the front bedroom with twin beds. It was not an issue in other parts of the house. It was not warm enough to need air conditioning so I can't comment on how sufficient the room air conditioners are in the bedrooms. The half bath on the main floor is absolutely the tiniest lavatory I have ever seen. You WON'T get lost in it. Off street parking (no overnight parking on street allowed) is limited to two cars in the main driveway and two cars parked on the far side of the house.
For very old people, keep in mind there are a lot of stairs...stairs at the front entry, stairs in the entry hall, and the beautiful and very navigable circular stairway to the second level.
It is an old house with lots of charm. Windows have been upgraded. The shared bathroom on the second floor is very small and really set up for children. The shower stall is one of the smallest I've seen. The master bedroom suite is gorgeous and very accommodating. We loved it.
In summary, the location is fabulous (except for the low-level traffic noise for the front bedroom), the owners very friendly and helpful, and the village itself makes for a dreamy get away. We enjoyed our stay very much.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
2 night minimum stay