Mariposa House Rental Photos and Description
Rustic, Yet Newly Renovated. Just What You Were Looking For!
When you arrive at this newly (April 2013) renovated, very private cedar cabin hideaway, you will find yourself away in the woodlands, but perfectly located halfway between both Yosemite entrances – so you can experience the unique beauty of each! Easy access summer and winter.
So very cozy for a much needed retreat from stresses of daily life and the city.
This rustic and very comfortable cabin has all the comforts of home plus more!
You don’t have to settle for a musty older cabin. Valerian Retreat is a two bedroom, two bathroom retreat features updated everything! Newly furnished. The new kitchen has granite counter tops and new appliances with all you will need to prepare meals … or not. We have installed 2 flat screen TV's with satellite for your enjoyment, after you return from the park. There is also WiFi for Internet or a 'working' holiday.
Cozy bedrooms and open floor plan with woodland view everywhere you look.
You can sit outdoors on the patios and enjoy great sunset evenings most seasons. Dine indoors or outdoors and take walks around the grounds and enjoy nature.
This location is a great place to retreat to after a busy day with the crowds of summer in Yosemite. The cabin is set back along a charming winding driveway on five quiet acres with nothing to hear but the birds and the breeze through the large oak trees that make for special shade.
(Yet, you have the best of both worlds, because a convenience store, small restaurant and gas station are just a mile away. You might want to ask how far other rustic cabins are from picking up that quart of milk. :-)
The cabin is also the perfect hideaway in the fall, winter and spring. When it snows, the property, with its special setting, is usually covered with only a lighter layer of snow allowing easier access, while still providing our guests with that inviting and beautiful snow scape.
You can’t get much closer to both picturesque Yosemite entrances than with this private hideaway (hidden from other homes) that is just off the main north-south Route 49. It's a great starting location for day trips to many points of interest:
1. To Yosemite North Entrance –
Go North on Route 49 to reach The Arch Rock Highway 140 entrance that takes you through the historic town of Mariposa and along VALLEY FLOOR of the scenic Merced River Canyon. It is a beautiful drive which will take you about 45 minutes to an hour to reach the park. There are many places along the road to stop and enjoy the wild and scenic river. This area is known for spectacular wild flower viewing.
2. To Yosemite South Entrance –
Go South on Route 49 to reach Oakhurst - a larger town with many services, dining and shopping options. In Oakhurst, you will turn off to Highway 41 East to wind your way UP THE Mountain into Yosemite Park through the quaint little village of Fish Camp and Wawona – both places of many interests. Near Wawona is the must see of the Mariposa Grove of giant redwoods. As you drive further toward Yosemite just after the tunnel, be sure to pull off to see the spectacular view of the Yosemite Valley from above.
3. Bass Lake is located fifteen minutes from Oakhurst. It is a hopping place during the warm weather for water sports and just catching some sun and a picnic for the day. Bass Lake offers water sports rentals, shops, casual as well as fine dining options. 'Ducey's on the Lake' is a favorite restaurant.
4. There are 3 local golf courses just minutes away: Sierra Meadows, River Creek and Wawona, the latter is just inside Yosemite.
5. During the winter months you can travel to Badger Pass to enjoy downhill and cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
6. Many of the communities have many other activities throughout the year! On local websites you can find events like festivals, the Arts and wineries to explore. Mariposa has a Zip Line and river rafting in the summer, as well as horseback riding on forested trails.
7. Mariposa has its own airport just 10 minutes from town and 20 minutes from the cabin. Car rentals are available at the airport with advance reservations.
8. Fresno Yosemite International Airport is about 1 hour and 15 minutes drive to the cabin.
Valerian Retreat is owned by Valerian Retreat LLC.
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Michelle Oldson
I was brought up on the east coast with four seasons. Later moving to southern California, I had the good fortune to travel to Mariposa and Yosemite during the winter season to find a truly unique splendor. I decided that this was where I would get in touch with nature.
Michelle Oldson purchased this house in 2012
Why Michelle Oldson chose Mariposa
This property is unique as it sits so quietly and privately surrounded by 13 acre and 60 acre parcels on each side. Yet the main north-south road and a convenience store are only a mile away.
What makes this house unique
This unique glass fronted home was professionally renovated, decorated and furnished to perfectly suit the peaceful rustic setting.