Ormond Beach House Rental Photos and Description
5 Bedroom, 5.5 Bath, Sleeps 10-12
This historic Mediterranean style home is located across the street from the Oceanside Country Club and has gorgeous views of the beach and ocean. This home is over 5,000 square feet and has 5 bedrooms and 5 and a half bathrooms on over a half acre. Unfortunately, Ormond Beach does not allow rentals for less than 6 months and a day. As such we can not accept short term rentals. Please inquire about our long term rates.
The home sits on .57 acres of direct ocean frontage. The rolling lawn leads to within about 10 feet of the large, sandy beach. There is a private pathway directly to the beach.
Large sunken gardens and a koi pond sit in front. Four of the 5 bedrooms have their own attached bathrooms with showers. The house has a 2 car, enclosed garage with a door to the home.
This house has a fantastic location with less than one mile to market and shopping areas.
The home was built in 1938 and previously owned by members of the Oldsmobile and Van Camp families. It has been totally renovated.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
Why Tim chose Ormond Beach
It has been said that this home, built in 1938 was a gift from Oldsmobile founder Ramson E Olds to Bernice Row, his younger daughter. Bernice and Clarence owned the home from 1953 to 1959. Referred to as 'The Cottage', it was occupied from January to April or May as an escape from the harsh Michigan winters. This property originally extended along the ocean to the south where a smaller structure was built to house the laundry, shop and some of the 'servant's quarters'. While later owners built on a second floor above the garage, the garage itself is largely unchanged. Bernice kept two cars in it, an Oldsmobile station wagon and a pink Cadillac.
The front sunken gardens are original to the house as is a small Koi pond now converted into a planter. Much of the tile had to be removed due to disrepair, but the tile on the front of the house and on the front door is original. The only remaining original distinctive internal structures are the two staircases and the fireplace.
In 1960, the lot was subdivided with the original 283 house number replaced by 285 and now 287. Rudolph and Willine Ganz owned it during 1962/63 when it was acquired by Herbert Gorman, Jr. who in 1970 sold it to Martha F Van Camp of the Pork and Beans Family. She did much entertaining to include the London Symphony Orchestra and even had a rodeo on the beach in front of the house. The then Chief of Police left town during it so he 'would not know anything about it'.
The house was sold again in 1980/81 to Frank Tepper who occupied it until November 1998 when Dena Pantages of the famed Hollywood theater family purchased it. In 2003, Margaret Digaelano, local ophthalmologist purchased and totally remodeled the house. The home was purchased by the present owners in August 2012.