|Minimum Stay||1 - 5 nights|
Welcome to Casa oso de los perezoso (translated as 'the house of the bear sloth'). Bear Sloths are a common sight in the Manuel Antonio area and in particular in the National Park located there. They seem to take life easy and are very laid back; something we love about the lifestyle and the people of Costa Rica and something that we hope you are able to achieve while here in Costa Rica.
Oso de los Perezoso is very private and secure, sitting behind a beautiful large handcrafted wooden gate created by a local woodworker from native wood, and a privacy wall. Located on a 2 acre lot within Finca Se Ve Bien (Looking Good Farm), the Finca comprises 100 hectares with approximately 12 residences located within the Finca. Most of the remaining land area has been left as jungle and forest. Oso de los Perezoso sits atop a hill above the valley and offers spectacular unobstructed views of the mountains to the north and east and the valley below and the Pacific ocean to the west. Facing west, you will truly enjoy the beautiful sunsets each night from the outdoor patio area.
Our Casa is just over 2000 square feet of indoor living. All of this on one level - a rarity in the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area!
There are 3 very generously sized, fully furnished bedrooms, designed with two separated bedroom wings to provide privacy for our guests. The master suite is located in one wing of the house with the other two bedrooms in the opposite wing. Joining the two wings is a large open concept common area that contains the comfortably furnished living and dining rooms, a sitting area and a fully equipped kitchen fit for a gourmet cook. A bar height counter made from a large single piece of native wood with bar stools, handcrafted by a local woodworker, overlooks the kitchen area enabling you and your guests to socialize while the meal is being prepared. All rooms have spectacular views of the mountains, the valley or the ocean as well as the incredible outdoor living area and infinity pool.
Each bedroom room and the common living area have their own individual air conditioner, however you will find no need for them during the day when the large patio doors of the living area and the bedrooms are opened, letting the late morning and afternoon breezes flow through the house. Each room in our Casa has ceiling fans to assist in air movement and even the elevated outdoor patio areas have fans.
While you will find the interior spacious and very comfortable the outdoor living area is spectacular.
Anchored by a one of a kind infinity edged pool, there is approximately 2000 square feet of additional space. You will thoroughly enjoy the combination of the covered, elevated patio area shading you from the sun or rain and a luxurious lower patio area of limestone (that never gets hot in the brilliant and powerful sun of Costa Rica) that surrounds the infinity edged pool. The lower level is accessed by a wide and gently declining staircase. The outdoor area is fully equipped with sun umbrellas, chaises and tables and chairs for your enjoyment as well as a new propane BBQ. The pool is constructed with beautiful, non slip, quartz tiling with gentle and wide steps to your submersed sitting bench and a one meter deep pool area that is great to lounge in or is great for the kids. The lap area of the pool is a consistent 8 feet deep and is great to swim in or do laps. You will enjoy a cooling shower after a day out and about under the newly installed stainless steel outdoor shower adjacent to the pool.
Dina, our property manager is conveniently located next door to our Casa. She is fluent in both English and Spanish. A native Costa Rican, she is very familiar with the Manuel Antonio and Quepos areas. She is also experienced in the hospitality industry.
She will communicate with you well before you arrive to assist with any requests or questions you may have. Dina will meet you on arrival and assist you in settling in and learning the fantastic features of our Casa.
She is available to assist you, both before you arrive and when you are at our Casa with your travel plans and activities. Dina's assistance comes at no cost to you as she is our concierge on site. She will be able to provide you with a wide range of information on the numerous activities in the area, make your reservations for you and ensure that they are trouble- free. She knows about all the restaurants and bars and is up to date on the best of the tour companies and what they have to offer and the costs. She will make sure your stay is a worry free and a memorable one. We encourage you to take advantage of Dina's knowledge and contacts.
Here are just some of the main features of our Casa:
- all on one level – no stairs are within the house
- handicap and disability friendly access to the house, within the house and to the pool with steps that are wide and gradual
- handicap and disability friendly master bathroom and shower
- open concept main living area with two sitting areas and a full dining room suite with built in sideboard
- Costa Rican artworks decorate many of the walls in the house
- all rooms individually air conditioned
- all rooms have ceiling fans
- three very generously sized bedrooms each with a queen bed, the third bedroom has a day bed as well
- comfortably sleeps 6 but there is room for 3 additional persons most suitably for children (one on the day bed and 2 on the available inflatable double mattress)
- newly added: new foldable crib/playpen and highchair for youngsters
- fully equipped kitchen fit for a gourmet cook with gas cooktop and prep sink, convection wall oven, dishwasher and side by side refrigerator with filtered water and ice dispenser, coffee maker and blenders for all your favorite drinks. Non breakable glasses and dinnerware are available for your use poolside.
- washer and dryer in a separate laundry/storage room just off the kitchen
- a fitness area which includes an eliptical machine, dumbbells, exercise bands, yoga mats , an exercise mat and skip rope for your enjoyment. The exterior patio area is a wonderful location for your warm up or cool down stretches.
- native wood finished 14 foot ceilings in all rooms with pot lights throughout the house, full sized lighted closets for your use with a walk through closet in the master bedroom and large windows and/or patio doors in each room that provide spectacular views of the ocean and the mountains and the pool.
- 2 spa like bathrooms tiled in marble and travertine limestone with large showers, one for the master and the other for the two guest rooms
- a half bath off the main living area for your convenience
- kitchen cabinets, wall unit, dining room sideboard and the raised kitchen island and all interior and exterior doors and all the bathroom vanities were beautifully custom crafted with native woods by a local woodworker
- 42 inch flatscreen LCD TV in the living area, DVD player and Apple TV available for use, Airport express and wireless speakers also available for use.
- 37 inch flatscreen LCD TV in the master bedroom
- a selection of DVDs for your use
- a selection of novels available for your use
- a selection of Costa Rica guide books available for your use
- wireless internet is accessible throughout the house and the outside patio area, even around the pool
- complimentary local telephone within Costa Rica
- security system and exterior security lighting
- locking entry gate off the parking area
- parking area for 2 – 3 cars
- large safe for your valuables
- excellent quality linens, bath towels and pool towels provided;
- housekeeping service is provided each Monday, Wednesday and Friday; this can be increased if desired but at an extra charge for each day in excess of the days provided. (NOTE: Sunday is not available for housekeeping service) Housekeeping does not include personal laundry service.
- Large outdoor area, much of it covered from the sun and rain
- Beautiful fully landscaped garden areas surround the house
- Fantastic pool with lounging bench, shallow area great to lounge in or for the kids and a full 8 feet deep lap pool area
- Stainless steel outdoor shower adjacent to the pool for rinsing off before and after your swim
- Manuel Antonio Beach, a short 10 - 15 minutes away was voted the Best Beach in Central America for 2013!!!!
Clyde and Scott have been together for 14 years. Both professionals, they were raised in Manitoba, Canada and now live in Southern Ontario.
Clyde Bond purchased this house in 2013
Casa Oso de los Perezoso is our home; a dream realized after a number of years of contemplating purchasing a home in Costa Rica to enjoy as our vacation home and as our residence on a semi full time basis in the future.
We decided two years ago that we wanted to make Costa Rica a part of our life permanently and this house is the realization of that dream. We have been to Costa Rica many times and while we have vacationed in other areas, we have always gravitated back to Manuel Antonio/ Quepos for the lifestyle it provides. Great restaurants, friendly people, safe drinking water, amazing beaches, our list could go on for ever. When we saw this property - we knew it was the one. Who couldn't fall in love with that pool?! The other requirement we wanted was a house all on one level, so that we could host any guest, regardless of their mobility needs. Most homes in this area have many steps that you have to navigate for the views. We thought that this house provided us the ocean views we wanted, the amenities we wanted to share with our friends and a great place to unwind for a few days or a few weeks.
We offer it to you for your use and enjoyment as your home while you stay with us. We truly hope that you will come to appreciate the beauty and vitality of the country of Costa Rica and it's people as we do.
A special THANK YOU to one of our guests Emil O. Florea - a professional photographer from Montreal who took some of the photos for the site - he captured the energy of the house perfectly! If you would like to see more of Emil's work, read Emil's review for his contact information or let us know and we can put you in contact with him.
The amazing view from the common living areas out over the pool and beyond to the ocean - it is simply breathtaking. As soon as you arrive, you simply want to unwind and relax with your favorite libation, a good book at poolside or a refreshing dip in the pool.
Scott loves to cook so the kitchen is fully set up, from gas cooktop to wall oven with all the necessary tools to make fantastic snacks and meals and a new dishwasher to make clean up a breeze.
Don't want to cook inside and miss the views, BBQ on the patio overlooking the pool, the valley and the mountains where there is more than enough space to enjoy your guests as you cook those fantastic meals.
We recently spent ten days at the Casa oso de los perezoso, a spectacular Oasis just outside the quaint Costa Rican town of Quepos. From the moment we were greeted by Dina we knew we were in good hands. She toured the house with us and oriented us to the many activities available in the area (canopy tours, horse-back riding and more). The property and amenities are outstanding. The house is truly exceptional and very well looked after by both a gardner and cleaning lady. The private pool and manicured gardens were very popular with us and our four young children. Some of the the previous pictures did not do justice to this beautiful house and venue. Being a photographer, I offered Clyde and Scott to take a few pictures to better capture its splendour. You will not be disappointed with a vacation to this awesome retreat. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. www.focusonthepresent.ca
We just returned from a week in Costa Rica and we stayed at Casa oso de los Perezosa. What a great property. Pictures do not do it justice. Beautiful home, great pool and outdoor area, fantastic view of mountains and ocean. Dina assisted with car rental and booking activities, including a tour of the National Park with our guide Ray. Great restaurants in Manuel Antonio area, including Cafe Milagro. I'd also recommend visiting Cafe Milagro in Quepos for a daily coffee. Casa served as a great point to visit some spectacular beaches, including Playa Dominicalito and Uvita. Would definitely visit again and stay at this property
We just got back from a Costa Rica, where we spent 3 nights at Scott and Clyde's fabulous house near Manuel Antonio. Our only regret is that we didn't stay there longer.
The house is gorgeous and well appointed. The owners clearly spent a lot of time developing the design and on each detail. The pool is spectacular and our 4 kids spent every minute they could there.
Dina was very helpful and connected us with several activities including a guided tour of Manuel Antonio. Ray, our guide, was very knowledgable and patient and fun with the kids. They learned so much, without ever getting bored or impatient.
We typically rent homes rather than hotels, as we are a family of 6. This house is by far the nicest of them all! Scott was terrific to work with and we are glad they are willing to open up their lovely home.
My wife and I decided to celebrate our 25th anniversary this year with a big trip to Costa Rica, a destination we had been considering for a while. We also decided to bring our two sons along as they are both fluent in Spanish and we knew they would love the culture and amazing outdoors.
When we found Scott and Clyde's home in Quepos, we knew we need look no longer. I know it's been said before, but when we first walked into their home, our first words truly were, "the pictures on the website do not do it justice!". The house was beautiful, in particular all of the local wood and just the elegant simplicity. It feels very elegant yet livable. I could easily see 3 couples staying here very comfortably! The grounds were spectacular, kept our 11 year old completely engrossed in finding new lizards, frogs, spiders, plants, etc. Hands down though, the infinity pool was the most popular feature and hang-out spot; our boys spent no less than 4 hours a day in the pool! All in all seeing the breathtaking views - the painted sunsets with mountains, clouds, ocean, flora and fauna all converging into a spectacular collage; the sight of fog and giant birds encircling the mountains - was worth the price of admission! Even the rain (mostly in late afternoon or evenings) was indescribably beautiful here!
We absolutely have to raise Dina, the property manage, to the forefront of this review. She was beyond amazing (we would give her 6 stars if VRBO would allow it!). As others have noted, all of her recommendations were spot on from various activities (El Santuario Zipline was our favorite!), to restaurants (Barba Roja had a gorgeous sunset view and great local cuisine), to just general guidance. However, we had a few "unplanned" adventures that threw us a few curve balls. Dina was a true life-saver on these occasions, really helping to take the stress out of some potentially stressful situations. (I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that these were all things that could have occurred in any location in the world, just always made a bit more challenging when on vacation. Not unique to Costa Rica by any means!) Bottom line is that Dina really rounded out this amazing trip with her willingness to help and quite frankly go above and beyond on a consistent basis!
If you are considering Costa Rica and the Quepos / Manuel Antonio region for your travels, you truly have found the best spot! We will definitely be back one day!
My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary along with another couple at the Casa. Like others have mentioned, the pictures don't do it justice. The house has everything you could ever need plus more. Dina was such a great resource. She helped us out with excursions and places to eat as well any other questions we had. Every restaurant and excursion she recommended was excellent. The house is located around 5 minutes from Quepos where you can do your shopping. There is a little meat market and a fish market (both which Dina recommended) and both were excellent. Nothing like cooking the catch of the day on the BBQ back at the house. We can't wait to go back!!
This is a luxury vacation home! My friends and I could not recommend it more highly! The views are perfect, the pool is precisely the correct size, the decks around the pool are plentiful and welcoming. The wildlife is good - monkeys, iguanas, all kinds of birds, and NO cicadas! Each room in the villa is individually air conditioned.....that was perfect for us since it was 95 and sunny while we visited and we need the air at night. The main part of the house is perfect for relaxing, the kitchen is good for cooking and stores to shop and the beach are only minutes away. Safe and secure, amenities galore! We are coming back again next year (and probably the next and the next and the next.....)
We have traveled extensively in Costa Rica for the past ten years, stayed in the mountains and on almost all of the Pacific coast beach towns. This is the best!
Top class surfing less than 30 minutes away
A wide variety and style for dining out
Farmers Market each Saturday and a Central Market every day
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 27 2015 - Nov 15 2015
3 night minimum stay
HIGH SEASON #3
Nov 16 2015 - Dec 19 2015
3 night minimum stay
CHRISTMAS/ NEW YEARS 2015
Dec 20 2015 - Jan 2 2016
4 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
25% within 14 days of signing of the rental agreement, 50% within 60 days of arrival date, remaining 25% within 30 days of arrival date.
A fully refundable security/damage deposit of $500.00 (USD) required 30 days prior to arrival to secure reservation. Security deposit may be reduced by any damage/breakage during stay. Return of the security/damage deposit will occur within 10 days of departure.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.