Playa Hermosa House Rental Photos and Description
3 Bdm/3 bathrms duplex With private pool with maginificient ocean and mtn. view
A blend of the East and the West, this luxurious duplex home (3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms) is furnished with a fusion of two decors, Costa Rican (first floor) and Japanese (second floor).
Before you read further, please agree to one thing: This is a nature-loving community that respects and enjoys the peace and beauty that we share with other residents -- monkeys, Macaws, toucans, coatis, etc. Sit quietly in 'the Sanctuary' area of our orchard or in our infinity pool, and you will see beautiful birds, racoon-like Coatis, monkeys and, of course, the sunrises and sunsets that are nature's gorgeous work on canvas.
When you stay at our home, you are our guests, and hopefully our future friends. Thus, we are selective of whom we invite! If you are interested in loud parties, there are plenty of hotels in Jaco or Hermosa to choose from. This place is for gentle souls who value nature and friendship. If you are one of those, please read further!
Three things that may interest you:
1. Our furniture was built by a Costa Rican artist and not imported from the Far East. We believe in helping the local industry when we can. The bookcase was made from samples of Costa Rican wood. The paintings on the first floor were painted by a Costa Rican artist. The kimono you see on the second floor wall is a wedding kimono (silk), which is worn after the wedding ceremony. The second floor is furnished to represent the spirit of Japan. 'Where East Meets West' is the name of our home. The second floor has a roofed deck with rocking chairs that is perfect for rainy days. A perfect ocean view while you sip on tea or coffee on this deck, rain or shine!
2. The infinity pool: Step into your private pool from your living room after a busy day of touring or just when you want to relax. In the morning and near supper time, you will hear and see toucans. On some days, you will see other birds, as shown in the photos on this site. They don't seem to be bothered by visitors in the pool, but they will stay longer if you are quiet. From the kitchen window, I once saw a huge group of monkeys that included a half a dozen mothers with babies! They seemed to be staring at me!
3. The decks: There are four decks/sitting areas. The Sanctuary inside our orchard is a place for meditating. It has a wonderful ocean view, but since it is somewhat visible from the neighbors, we ask that you respect their privacy. The pool deck has three loungers. It's nice to sit under the umbrella and read there. The second floor deck is covered. It also has a beautiful view of Playa Hermosa. The rooftop deck is huge, and is partially roofed. There is a granite counter on one side, where you can have a drink of your choice. There is a barbecue grill and a sink. From one side, you will see the sun rising over Playa Hermos, and from the other, a sun setting over Playa Jaco. It is a very special place to be.
We hope that you enjoy nature by honoring its peace and tranquility of this beautiful land. Of course, you can also drive down to Jaco to enjoy everything that a tourist does!
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
About Kei Gilbert
We are two Americans living in Maryland, one foot into retirement. In 2007, we discovered this area after doing much real-estate search in the North Pacific area of Costa Rica. It was dry and hot there, and we were awestruck by the luscious beauty of Hermosa Hills when we arrived. Michael wanted to be near 'civilization' while I wanted trees, birds, ane even cows! So this was a perfect blend of the two conflicting interests! Unfortunately, I did not get my cows or chickens! We are surrounded by greenness and bio-diversity of the tropics, but a short ride from all the restaurants and 'civilization!' While it took us several years to complete this beautiful home in Costa Rica, we feel that such a treasure must be shared and enjoyed. So, we hope that you will come for a very special treat!
Kei Gilbert purchased this house in 2010
Why Kei Gilbert chose Playa Hermosa
Views, views and views! You notice that most of our picture we posted are of nature. We devoted years to build a home with its own unique beauty, but we fell in love with the panoramic splendor that Hermosa Hills offered us. Who can forget the lively, colorful paintings in the sky early in the morning! Once you see it, you will look forward to the next morning's hour-long performance by the sun, weaving in and out of the clouds. When I oversleep, I can't wait to see the next sunrise! The sunset over Jaco Beach is a calming, contemplative, reflective experience. The stars on a clear night, or a full moon reflecting over the Pacific Ocean are just some of the reasons why we chose to return there. Of course, its proximity to Jaco, the center of activity, was also a good reason for building our home there.
What makes this house unique
The most unique value is the 1000-sq.-ft. rooftop coral deck, partially roofed, with a granite counter for enjoying the 5:30 sunrises (over Playa Hermosa) and 5:30 sunsets (over Playa Jaco)! A coffee in the morning, and wine in the evening on the same deck! Grab our binoculars and watch toucans, green parrots and Scarlet Macaws in action! If you're there when the monkeys are traveling, you will see them eating berries and fruit. The house is elegantly furnished, so you will have a mountain retreat with the feeling of being in a first-class hotel! We built this home in the memory of my parents, who respected nature; my mother loving flowers, and my father loving trees. So, their beautiful spirits are etched in everything we did to build this home. We welcome you to share this special experience.