Submitted: May 8, 2013
Stayed: April 2013
Based on the pictures and talking with the owner I had high expectations for this rental. Those expectations were met. The pictures accurately show the rental. Everything in the rental was in very good shape.
• The kitchen was very well equipped and the appliances were new in style and in working order.
• The two living rooms had comfortable furniture and very nice televisions.
• The 4 beds in the 3 bedrooms were in very good shape and comfortable. The linens were in very good shape.
• Access to the beach is EXCELLENT, you can hear the waves at night.
• The beach itself is outstanding.
• The general area around the rental is good. There are coffee shops and restaurants within a half mile walk. There is a beach store, with ice cream directly across the street. There are plentiful choices of restaurants and shopping within a short (less than 10 minute) drive.
• The outside decks on all three levels are nice to have.
• The bathrooms were modern, clean, and plentiful (3 full bathrooms in all!)
• The dining table has seating for 6, with a kitchen bar that seats another 4. That is total seating for 10, and it is separated.
• Parking is tight. There are two spaces provided and the spaces are very small.
• It is lacking front side curb appeal (but this is more than made up for with back side beach appeal).
Overall I would highly recommend this property for up to 6 adults or 4 adults and maybe up to 6 kids. It really depends on how much space you need in your rental. As you can see from my review the cons are really just facts about the property that the homeowner can really not change due to space limitations. My party was 4 adults and 3 children. We had no problems with the parking as the spots are reserved and we were driving medium/large vehicles. We squeezed an extra chair around the table so we could all eat together. One suggestion to the owner would be to put a folding chair in a closet to use as an extra seat at the dining table. We used a chair from the kitchen bar which was too high.
Our vacation was a lot of fun. I would choose this vacation rental again if staying in the Destin area.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Owner's Response: Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a great time and really enjoyed and appreciated the work we have put in to making this property the great retreat that it is.
The folding chair is a great idea! We will definitely do that...
Did you find this review helpful?