Large, three-bedroom FULLY FURNISHED townhouse in an unbeatable location, convenient to everything on Capitol Hill: Union Station, Supreme Court, Eastern Market, Senate offices, and, of course, the Capitol. The house features 3-1/2 baths, three functioning fireplaces, central heating and air-conditioning, beautiful kitchen with dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer, basement recreation room, Wi-Fi Internet access, cable television on all three floors, DVD player, monitored security system, carpet, quiet back patio and off-street PARKING for one car. The basement recreation room can be converted into a fourth bedroom, especially for children. NO SMOKING and NO PETS, please. ONE-MONTH MINIMUM RENTAL. NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL DECEMBER 2013.
I grew up on Capitol Hill, and I still live only a few blocks away. I know you will love the neighborhood as much as my family and I do.
This is the house I grew up in, and its location will allowed me me to experience all the fun and historic aspects of Washington, D.C.
Whether you are coming to Washington to visit family or friends for an extended period, have a short-term assignment or performance in our Nation's Capital, are in between tours with a U.S. Government agency or an international organization, or are returning from overseas to a posting here, this house is perfect for you. You are in the middle of everything, while living in an area with a true neighborhood feel: food, entertainment, exploration and fellowship are only a short walk from your door.
The house is perfectly located for a business or leisure stay in the Nation's Capital:
* Two blocks from the U.S. Capitol and the U.S. Senate Office Buildings, with the National Mall, the U.S. Botanic Garden, the National Gallery of Art and the Smithsonian museums just steps beyond;
* Red (Union Station) and Blue/Orange (Capitol South) Metro lines both within a ten-minute walk, as well as Amtrak;
* One block from the U.S. Supreme Court;
* Two blocks from the Folger Shakespeare Library;
* Three blocks from the Library of Congress;
* Ten minutes on foot to Eastern Market;
* Ten minutes by car to the National Arboretum;
* Twenty-five minutes on foot (or a short bus ride) to Major League Baseball at Nationals Park;
* Twenty-five minutes on foot (or a short bus ride) to Major League Soccer at R.F.K. Stadium;
* A variety of restaurants and bars within a short walk, on either Massachusetts Avenue, N.E., or Pennsylvania Avenue, S.E.;
* Pharmacy, dry cleaners and convenience stores all within two blocks;
* Park and playground one block away;
* One block from the neighborhood D.C. Public School (Peabody Elementary), and only a ten-minute walk from both secular and parochial private schools;
* Two Catholic parishes and Protestant churches of various denominations within a half-mile radius;
* Two blocks from a Capital Bikeshare station, on East Capitol Street;
* Excellent routes for running or biking;
* Major MetroBus routes within a few blocks of the house; and
* Fifteen minutes by car or taxi to Reagan National Airport.
Most offices of Federal Government agencies, the D.C. Government, the Federal Court system, the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, along with many foreign Embassies and major D.C. attractions (such as the National Zoo, Ford's Theater, the Kennedy Center, the Shaw/U Street Corridor and Arlington Cemetery) are an easy Metro ride away.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event||Minimum Stay|
|Fees And Taxes||Cleaning fee $50.00|
|Utilities not included for stays longer than one month.|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.