|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
Alexander on the Rocks is the picture perfect Palm Springs getaway home. Built in 1959 by the famed Alexander Construction Company, this Palmer-Krisel designed home in Racquet Club Estates, with its post-and-beam construction, clerestory windows, open floor plan and spectacular views of the sparkling blue swimming pool and dramatic San Jacinto Mountains is everything we love about Palm Springs, all wrapped up into one awesome package.
Newly renovated and furnished from top to bottom, this home perfectly blends original mid-century style with sleek modern finishes and amenities. Highlights include many top-quality finishes and fixtures, such as a retro style free-standing fireplace, gleaming white porcelain tile floors and a custom designed teak kitchen with quartz countertops and stainless steel appliances. The bathrooms with their whimsical white bubble tile and floating custom vanities create a classic yet playful look.
The open Kitchen/Dining/Living Room features a concrete block accent wall with a free-standing fireplace, large HDTV with premium cable channels and lots of mid-century inspired furniture so everyone can hang out, cook and entertainment together in style!
The Master bedroom and the private Casita offer brand new comfortable King size beds, private bathrooms and personal patios. The 2nd and 3rd bedrooms feature new Queen size beds and linens and share a guest bathroom with walk-in shower. All four bedrooms are beautifully furnished and have flat screen TV's.
Out back, in the oversized and very private yard, you'll find a large saltwater swimming pool and spa, grassy area for play, and several conversation and cocktail lounging areas, one with a fire pit... and all with a spectacular view of the smashing mid-century roofline and nearby mountains. And, there’s a newly installed outdoor kitchen island, with a built in barbecue grill and ice bin.
An awesome Alexander with 2 master bedrooms and all this style and modern amenities is exactly what you've been looking for to stage your fabulous Palm Springs getaway!
**Note: This home is in a quiet residential neighborhood and has zero tolerance for loud noise**
K0033 Alexander on the Rocks
PS City ID#2298 TOT Permit: 3085
I would recommend this place, but with reservations. We had a group of 8 adults at the house. We cooked a lot, hung out poolside, played tennis and watched the pro tennis tournament.
- Great outdoor space, saltwater pool/spa, gas grill, plenty of outdoor seating
- Beautifully decorated, in that mid-century cool way
- Well stocked kitchen and pantry for the cook
- Great location in PS
- Responsive property management company
- We got a noise complaint from a neighbor due to a mellow dinner we were having al fresco. Luckily, we got a warning and not a citation from the visiting cop.
- We had a non-functioning garbage disposal throughout our stay, which caused other issues with the dishwasher, leaks, etc. I had to call in for repairs most days, and this impeded our use of the kitchen at times. However, the property management company was very responsive.
- 2 of the 3 bathrooms are a bit small for shared living space.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (US Dollar) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.