Wautoma Lodge Rental Photos and Description
2 Bedrooms (and a loft with a log futon) 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
BRAND NEW CUSTOM DESIGNED AMISH LOG CABIN COMPLETED IN 2013. INCREDIBLY PEACEFUL AND PRIVATE ALL WOODED ACREAGE, CRYSTAL CLEAR LAKE, SAND BOTTOM STREAM RUNNING THROUGHOUT
Are you looking for a crowded water skiing lake? Loud neighbors you can see from your deck? A busy lake with lots of boats? A lot so small you can't even throw a football on? No birds or nature to enjoy?
**THEN THIS IS NOT YOUR PLACE!**
As it says in many of the reviews, if you ARE looking for 'stress free solitude' and a 'warm and peaceful' place to vacation, this IS the place.
Welcome to the Blackberry Lodge! A spacious log cabin built entirely by a local Amish family on 7 PRIVATE WOODED ACRES of paradise with a no wake crystal clear lake, no neighbors in sight, a beautiful sand bottom stream winding through the property, and park like trails for you to enjoy nature the way it should be. Charmingly named for the abundance of flowering and fragrant blackberry bushes throughout the property, Blackberry Lodge is nestled in a beautiful forest on a ridge overlooking the lake. It is peaceful beyond imagination and INCREDIBLY private. So private, in fact, unless you leave the property you may not even see another person during your stay except for the people in your group. You get this incredibly secluded private spot hidden in a serene forest yet Blackberry Lodge lodge is less than 5 minutes away from town where you can enjoy great restaurants, cute shops, golf courses, and everything else!
If you have never been in an Amish cabin before they are one-of-a-kind. The 'old world' construction, attention to detail, and northern logs are something you don't find today. Its a unique experience that you will truly appreciate once you step foot inside. I guarantee as soon as you get here you will forget about the stress and worry of your 'real life' and never want to leave. Our property and lodge are made for the ultimate in relaxation and the opportunity for you to truly bond with your family in the most peaceful outdoor setting imaginable.
-Situated almost one-half mile from the road and built on a ridge overlooking the lake and tall pines.
-Large great room with all log furniture furniture, Two bedrooms (one upstairs, one down), two all cedar full bathrooms (one up, one down) and a loft overlooking the great room with a log futon (can be used as another bedroom)
- One queen bed (downstairs bedroom), one queen bunk with full over top (upstairs bedroom), and two futons (all furniture rustic log wood construction). Can accommodate 8 people.
- 100% constructed by a local Amish family with incredible attention to detail and 'old world' Amish construction.
- Amish constructed rustic hickory cabinetry throughout.
- Hand peeled Amish Northern Pine logs that incorporate the rich beauty and charm of Wisconsin's woodlands into the home.
- Wrap around cedar deck. Over 1,000 sq. feet of outside decking, with sections screened in, and a brand new stainless steel grill for some outdoor cooking. Brand new deep seating patio furniture, rustic log picnic table, and log chairs also on deck. With our unique setting you may never want to come in from the outdoors!
- Soaring ceilings! 25' ceilings in great room with rustic ceiling fan. Wood and logs throughout lodge interior.
- State of the art stereo with inside and outdoor speakers.
- Brand new 46 inch LED TV with Blueray disc player overlooking great room for those rainy days. Many free movies to choose from.
- Amish constructed stone gas fireplace as the focal point of the great room.
- Bonus area featuring log bar and wood burning fireplace.
- Great room for gathering facing lake and tall pines.
- All new stainless steel appliances with gas stove.
- CENTRAL air and gas furnace with programmable thermostat.
- Two bathrooms are all 100% northern cedar that makes them look and feel like a rustic spa.
- A newly drilled well with water so crystal clear and that tastes so pure you will never want to touch bottled water again (drilled through a layer of granite and pure sand). No need for a water softener or filters. This crystal clear water comes straight from the well!
- Since this is a log cabin lodge we have outfitted the entire place with beautiful wildlife scenery and taxidermy. Wood ducks, fox, geese, and a huge red stag mount overlooking the great room.
- Since Blackberry lodge is NEW you get to experience all NEW log furniture, bedding, and stainless steel appliances. Be one of the first to enjoy!
- Pet friendly- not only do we welcome pets but we encourage them, and at no extra charge!
- Wood finished garage and separate screened in area (additional 500sq feet) with stone pavers overlooking limestone firepit gathering area with view of stream and beach.
- FOOSBALL TABLE
- Take a short walk across the bridge where you will find the beautiful 40 acre crystal clear lake.
- Sandy beach.
- Free use of paddle boat, row boat, and canoe.
- Swim on new aluminum swim raft. 12 feet deep by raft. Spring fed lake! We have swam this lake for 4 years and you can see right to the bottom of the lake at 12 feet.
- Incredible fishing with an abundance of blue gill, bass, and crappie.
- Private setting - one of only three homes on the lake with NO public access.
- Over 1/2 mile of sandy bottom crystal clear stream winding throughout the property.
- Catch frogs, crayfish, and minnows!
- Or just splash and have a good time without worrying about deep water.
- Incredibly spacious additional sandy beach on stream perfect for small children.
- Reading benches along stream for resting and enjoying nature or pulling out your favorite book and listening to the water.
- 7 acres of private peaceful settings.
- Multiple park like trails throughout property for hiking or peaceful walks.
- Be ready to see all kinds of wildlife: cardinals, woodpeckers, blue birds, blue jays, humming birds, turkey, deer, squirrels, eagles, ducks, geese, chipmunks and turtles.
- Two fire-pits for building fires: an all Limestone built fire-pit by 'Blackberry hut' (see picture), and fire-pit by the lake.
-Sandy game playing area next to lodge with rustic log benches (see picture) to play all your favorite outdoor games that are on premise and FREE for you to use (horse shoes, bochee ball, ring toss, bean bag toss).
You get all this and Blackberry Lodge is ONLY 5 MINUTES from Wautoma. We are SO CLOSE to great restaurants, grocery stores, two golf courses, and cute shops. For instance:
-Silvercryst Reataurant:2 miles (right on Big Silver lake with an incredible sand beach for the kids and TIKI bar for the adults with great steaks and seafood),
-Moose Inn- 2 miles (just great food of all kind)
-Christiano's Brick Oven Pizza (the best pizza anywhere and they Deliver Right To The Lodge!).
All almost within walking distance but you get the peace and tranquility of being up North!
Keywords- lake front, water front, beach, lodge, cabin, cottage, log home, amish, relaxing, restful, quiet, wildlife, nature, stream, fishing, boating, canoeing, paddle boat, swimming, waupaca, skiing, ice fishing
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- Events Allowed
- non smoking only
About Andrew Conger
We are a family of four with children 12 and 14 who love to camp, enjoy nature, fish, and hike. I have a sales and marketing job and my wife is what we call a 'domestic engineer' raising our two wonderful children. We stumbled across this incredible property in 2009 and loved it so much we decided to build 'Blackberry Lodge.'
Andrew Conger purchased this lodge in 2009
Why Andrew Conger chose Wautoma
We originally purchased this property so we could enjoy a 'home away from home' as a place to camp with friends and family. Everyone who visits falls in love with the privacy, nature, wildlife, lake and stream, and peaceful setting. We made the decision in 2012 to build a Amish log cabin and share this property with you, our new friends, so you can also experience the tranquility and beauty of the property that we have for the last 5 years.
IF by chance you ever do want to leave for a short time (but you may never want to) we are SO CLOSE (just a just couple miles) from quaint little downtown Wautoma. Cute shops, restaurants, grocery stores, farmers markets, coffee shops, a nice wine bar, and friendly people! Wisconsin Dells is only 1.5 hours away. Two great 18 hole public course are less than 5 minutes away. And Big Silver Lake (a full waterski lake) is one mile away with a public boat landing. Its like you are in the middle of nowwhere without being in the middle of nowhere!
What makes this lodge unique
Blackberry Lodge is like your own PRIVATE park in the woods and with your own lake. You wouldn't want to ruin a visit to the park with all kinds of electronics so we tried to minimize those distractions for you by not having: Cable TV, Xbox, Wii, WIFI, or anything else that could distract you. Remember, family retreat. That's what this place is all about. Disconnecting from everything for a few days will be just what you needed!
With that in mind we have much for you to enjoy:
Swimming, fishing, canoeing, paddling boating, and row boating on the lake.
Navigating our sandy bottom stream with your small children (or big kids love it, too), looking for frogs (the record catch is 32 in an hour!), crayfish, or catching minnows.
Long walks on our trails viewing all the wildlife.
Don't forget about the firepits for bonfires at night or for 'pudgy pies' during the day. S'more heaven!
We have lots of outdoor games for you to use: Horse shoes, bochi ball, ring toss.
We have many books for you to read also in the bookcase.
We will have a large assortment of board games for you to use.
A flat screen TV will be above the gas fireplace for G and PG movies available for you to view. Sometimes you just need a distraction. Movies are just the ticket sometimes. But at Blackberry Lodge they will be good clean movies that any kid can watch without you having to worry about language or anything else.
And how about just doing NOTHING. Sitting on our deck listening to the birds and looking at the lake. Have a beer or glass of wine. Grill a steak on our stainless steel grill on the deck. Kick back. Relax...