Just 11 miles northwest of Lenox, this historic farmhouse is located in Canaan, NY, on a hill with a large lawn and views of barns, fields and mountains. The house has 7 bedrooms and an eat-in kitchen with large picture windows. The dining room table can seat 16. A front porch with comfortable furniture overlooks a football field size lawn, a barn and a tree with a swing. House is ideal for large family gatherings and exploring the cultural riches of the Berkshires in spring, summer & fall. In the winter it's ideal for families getting together to ski at Jiminy Peak (25 min. North) or Butternut Ski Basin (30 min. South).
My brothers and I now own the farmhouse that has been our family gathering place for generations before us. We would come to the farm every summer from our home in Connecticut. While no longer an operating dairy farm, the house, lawns, fields, and barns that were our great summer escape are still there for us. We love it and think you will too.
If you are looking for a house with lots of space to gather friends and family, lawns for them to be outdoors, and easy access to interesting places in the Berkshires, you can't find a better vacation spot.
The view from our kitchen table is mesmerizing.
The house is a short distance from Exits B2 and B3 on the New York State Thruway extension of the Mass Pike. It is located on County Route 5 about 500 feet north of the intersection with Route 295.
Amenities not far from the house include:
• Swimming in Queechy Lake in Canaan
• Hiking on many nearby trails, including Mt. Greylock 30 minutes away
• Shaker Village, Hancock, MA
• Bosquets Ski Area, Pittsfield, MA; Jiminy Peak ski area, Hancock, MA; and Butternut Ski Basin, Great Barrington, MA
• Theaters (Barrington Stage, Berkshire Theater Group - Williamstown Theater Festival is 45 minutes away)
• Museums (Norman Rockwell, Mass MOCA, Berkshire)
• Tanglewood Music Center in Lenox, MA
• Jacob's Pillow, Becket, MA
• Movie Theaters
• Live Entertainment (The Mahaiwe Theater, The Colonial, The Guthrie Center)
• Historic Houses (Chesterwood, The Mount, etc.)
• Art Venues (OMI sculpture park, numerous small galleries)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
|Rental fee to be received 30 days before rental starts. Fee is payable by charge or check and is non-refundable after receipt. Damage Deposit to be received 60 days before rental starts; refundable if rental is cancelled within 30 days or if no damage, loss, or long distance charges are found after check-out.|
|Rental Fee: $1,800 for 8 persons, plus $100 per additional person up to a total of $2,500 for 15 persons, for 7 nights or less. Rental only by the week with a one-week minimum even for shorter stays.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.