In 1994, I began toying with the idea of having my own piece of paradise. After spending 3 years of active looking in Hawaii, Costa Rica, and the Cayman Islands, I selected Cayman Brac. Cayman Brac and Little Cayman make up the 'Sister Islands'. Only 5 miles separates them. More than 100 pristine reefs surround Cayman Brac and Little Cayman.
Little Cayman's 'Bloody Bay Wall' ranks in the top ten as most desired dive destination.
Beacon Harbor consists of two homes. We are located just east of Stake Bay on the North Side of Cayman Brac. We are situated next to the water on a secluded 4 acre tract of land.
I bought the land. I built the homes. I built the homes to my specifications.
Beacon Harbor is located on the sheltered side of the island, which offers shore divers and snorkelers calm seas most of the year. Beautiful reefs are found directly in front of the homes.
I built the homes for comfort and privacy. In addition, I built them with divers, snorkelers, and fishermen in mind.
It is only fitting that the Cayman Islands rank among the Top Ten Dive Destinations in the Caribbean.
The consensus top 10 Caribbean dive sites are itemized below.
These top Caribbean dives are listed in no particular order at all. Where you choose to do your diving will depend on what type of venue or characteristics you desire. Each dive site has been briefly defined with regard to its unique attributes. Here are the top 10 dive spots in Caribbean:
Where to dive for the best chance of seeing smaller tropical fish?
2) Bloody Bay Wall, Little Cayman
For 'most colorful and abundant' corals and sponges the top spots are:
1) Santa Rosa Wall, Cozumel
2) Bloody Bay Wall, Little Caymen
1) Salt Pier or Carl's Hill Annex, Bonaire
4) Green Outhouse Wall, Roatan, Honduras
5) Lighthouse Reef, Belize
The most famous wall drop-offs, or best wall dives are:
1) West Caicos Island- Turks and Caicos accessed from Providenciales
2) Columbus Passage, Grand Turk & Salt Cay- Turks and Caicos
3) Caymen Brac, Cayman Islands
4) South Wall- Turks and Caicos accessed from Providenciales
5) Little Cayman Island, Cayman Islands
6) Grand Cayman Island, Cayman Islands (East End & North End)
7) Sandbore Channel- Turks and Caicos accessed from Providenciales
8) French Cay- Turks and Caicos accessed from Providenciales
9) Cozumel, Mexico (Santa Rosa Wall)
10) Blue Hole & Lighthouse Atoll, Belize