The Bold Fisherman Ranch provides the ultimate escape yet perfect place for discovery. The house sits amidst 75 acres on the Gallatin River in the center of some of the world’s best fly fishing rivers with easy access to the Gallatin Highway as well as privacy and quiet for the ideal Montana retreat. Just 12 miles/20 minutes south of Bozeman, it's also 20 minutes from Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (BZN) with readily available rental cars and shuttles to the property.
Perfectly situated between Big Sky Ski Resort and Bridger Bowl (40 minutes to each), 1 hour from Livingston and the Paradise Valley, and 1.5 hours from West Yellowstone or Gardiner, the western and northern gates to Yellowstone National Park.
The property features a 4 bedroom, 3 bath home, fully furnished and equipped; a stocked trout pond immediately outside the home; and ¼ mile frontage on the Gallatin River, one of Montana’s renowned fly fishing rivers. Caretakers live on the property and are available for guidance and assistance, as well as maintenance. While close to the Gallatin Highway, the home and property afford incredible privacy, beauty, peace and quiet.
• Private and quiet, with views of the pond, 85+ year old barn, Gallatin River, and the Spanish Peaks of the Gallatin Range of the Rockies. Abundant wildlife.
• Sleeps up to 10
• 4 bedrooms, 3 full baths (one master bedroom with king; one bedroom with queen; one bunk room with double bed on bottom; twin on top and twin trundle bed; one family room with queen pull out couch, 2 twin futons and a queen airbed). Linens provided.
• Stone fireplace with firewood provided
• Full kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, 2 refrigerators (one downstairs), fully equipped
• Gas BBQ Grill
• Eating areas indoors and on outside decks
• Phone service, wireless internet access, flat screen TV with satellite connection; CD player and Ipod dock
• Double paned windows and baseboard heating throughout
• Mudroom for flyfishing and ski equipment
• Decks and covered porch
• 75 acres with private access from Gallatin Highway
• ¼ mile river frontage on the Gallatin River; trout pond; meadows, springs, row boat for pond, easy access for fly fishing
• 85+ year old barn
• Outdoor fire pit for evening camp fires, weather and drought conditions permitting
• Caretaker family living on property for guidance, concierge services, help and maintenance
• Views of the foothills and Spanish peaks beyond the pond and river
• Winter cross country skiing out the door
• Wildlife seen from the windows of the house include: many varieties of ducks, geese, Great Blue Heron, Bald Eagles, Sandhill Cranes, and other birds, deer, fox, beaver and the very occasional moose and bear
• 12 miles and 20 minutes from Bozeman with access to all shopping needs, The Museum of the Rockies and local restaurants, bars, cultural events and movie theaters. Bozeman is a town of 37,000, home of Montana State University (10,000 students) and is the center of the Gallatin Valley.
• 20 minutes from the Gallatin Valley airport with easy rental cars; pickup can be arranged with property caretakers.
• ½ mile from The Gallatin Gateway Inn (hotel and restaurant) and the small community of Gallatin Gateway (get your bison burger fix at the locally popular Stacey’s Grill!)
• 40 minutes from Big Sky Ski Resort, Lone Mountain Ranch (a Nordic ski resort and summer dude ranch) and Bridger Bowl
• 1 ½ hours from the western and northern entrances to Yellowstone National Park
• 1 ½ hours to Virginia City (the original state capital of Montana, restored to its 1800’s condition)
• Floating on the Gallatin and Madison Rivers
• 1 hour from Three Forks, Montana, the site of Lewis and Clark’s camp at the convergence of the Gallatin, Jefferson and Missouri Rivers; and the Madison Buffalo Jump (a Shoshone site for buffalo hunting)
• Easy driving distance to dozens of trailheads for day hikes and backpacking in the Lee Metcalf Wilderness Area/Spanish Peaks, Gallatin Canyon, Hyalite Canyon and other areas
• Winter access to cross country ski trails
• Fly fishing river guides on adjacent property and available through local contacts
Caretakers live on the property and are available for consultation, guiding, airport pickup and dropoff, concierge services and maintenance. Arrange for the house to be stocked with groceries and other necessities prior to your arrival if desired. They will also make arrangements for fly fishing guiding, float trips and instruction in advance of arrival.