San Gimignano Apartment Rental Photos and Description
IN THE HISTORICAL CENTRE OF SAN GIMIGNANO. 4 BEDROOMS- FOR 2 / 9 PEOPLE
Apartments in the historical center of San Gimignano: In a central position, but also surrounded by a pleasant and suggestive silence, our apartments offer the unique atmosphere of an old palace and all the conveniences of modern homes.
The apartments 'La Torretta' and 'Il Borgo Antico' are located respectively in the second and first floor of a historic building in the magnificent Piazza delle Erbe, the heart of the medieval town of San Gimignano. The privileged location allows you to enjoy an extraordinary view: the medieval towers and the Piazza del Duomo framed by these two wonderful apartments. The apartment ' La Torretta ' (second floor), 85 square meters, has a living room, two double bedrooms, two bathrooms with shower and kitchen. The apartment ' Il Borgo Antico ' ( first floor), 75 sqm, has a living room, two bedrooms, one double and one twin bedroom, a bathroom with shower and kitchen. The structure and furnishings of the two apartments still retain the characteristics of the typical rustic - medieval, without neglecting comfort and convenience. Overall, the two apartments can accommodate up to 9 people. Garage available on request at 10 Euros per day.
Information and services available to you:
• No problem to park your car. In the historical center of San Gimignano applies the restricted traffic area, so parking is allowed only to residents. For our guests staying in the historic center access is permitted only for loading and unloading of luggage. After unloading your luggage, you can park in the parking lots outside the historical center free of charge or that are within a 5 minute walk away. You will be given upon arrival, a special access permit for the property. For the apartment, it's available a private garage just a few feet away with a supplement of 10 Euros per day;
• Convenient bus service every hour to Siena and Florence;
• Supermarket at Mt. 350 and minimarket mt.30;
• Service public telephones mt. 30;
• Bank, ATM and currency exchange offices and information in the Piazza Duomo;
• Pharmacy mt.30.
• Post Office to mt.15
• Laundry at 100 mt.
• Our accommodation has an agreement with the restaurant 'La Bettola del Grillo,' one of the best restaurants in San Gimignano, where you can enjoy a discount of 10 % on the final price and where you can taste the best dishes and local specialties Tuscan tradition.
• Upon confirmation of booking, the customer will receive by email a guide of San Gimignano produced by me, with itineraries, map of San Gimignano, news, information, the main things to do and see in San Gimignano and surroundings, places to eat dishes of the Tuscan tradition and drink a good wine, information on how to reach the apartment and much more.
• Children under 3 years free !
• Possibility of two additional beds on request ( extra fee of 15 € for each additional bed ).
• Prices are inclusive of: linens for the bedroom and bathroom, initial and final cleaning, accessories, services (electricity, water ).
• Change of linen once a week.
The apartments ' La Torretta' and ' Il Borgo Antico' are located respectively in the second and first floor of a historic building in the magnificent Piazza delle Erbe, the heart of the medieval town of San Gimignano.
The apartments are located in the historical center, the Piazza delle Erbe accessible by car for loading / unloading luggage. The nearest car park is the number 3-4 ' Bagnaia ' ( about 350 meters from the two apartments), like our private garage. From here you can reach the apartments on foot ( just 5 minutes walk ) or the City Bus 2 stops in Piazza del Duomo (Piazza adjacent to Piazza delle Erbe ). Possibility to request a private garage 350 meters from the apartment. The price is 10 euro per day.
From the windows of the apartments you perceive a magnificent view of the Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza del Duomo, which is just 30 meters away. During the summer, when the opera and concert season, you can enjoy the shows simply looking out the windows.
The apartments are located in a strategic way, to visit the old town, many museums and medieval churches, which for shopping along the main streets, as well as hiking the trails of the surrounding countryside. Our apartments are easily reached by public transport. From the bus stop ‘Porta San Giovanni’ you can take the city shuttle service that will take you directly to Piazza del Duomo, a short walk from the apartments. The supermarket, really well stocked, is only 350 meters away, and is also accessible by shuttle citizen.
The apartments are a short drive for loading / unloading luggage. The nearest car park is the number 3-4 ' Bagnaia ' ( about 350 meters from the two apartments). From here you can reach the apartments on foot ( just 5 minutes walk ) or the City Bus 2 stops in Piazza del Duomo (Piazza adjacent to Piazza delle Erbe ).
If you want to fully enjoy the beauty of San Gimignano, a small medieval town knows many things to offer.
Only 1.5 Km from our accommodation is a tennis court, a soccer field and a public swimming pool. In addition, about 12 km from San Gimignano, you can take advantage of a golf course and shooting with the arc.
And for those who wish to immerse themselves in the surrounding countryside ' trot ', just 1.7 km there is a riding horse well stocked. Located 350 meters from the apartment you can take to hire a car, a scooter or a bicycle.
The location of our hotel, close to the main cities of art in Tuscany, allows to visit Florence (50 km), Siena (40 km ), Pisa ( 70 km), Lucca ( 80 km ), Volterra (35 Km), Pienza ( 90 km ), Montalcino (80 km). In addition, 75 km away, you can reach seaside resorts such as Cecina, Rosignano Solvay, San Vincenzo and Follonica.
Suggested Itineraries in San Gimignano
1° - Civic Museums
- Town Hall (Piazza Duomo): Picture Gallery - 'Great' Tower
- Museum Centre Santa Chiara (Via Folgore): Archeological Museum, Spezieria di Santa Fina, Modern e Contemporary Art Gallery 'Raffaele De Grada'
- Ornithological Museum (Via Quercecchio)
2° - Town Hall
- Town Hall (Piazza Duomo): Picture Gallery - 'Great' Tower.
3° - Duomo and Museum of sacred art
- Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta and Chapel Santa Fina (Piazza Duomo)
- Museum of sacred art (Piazza L. Pecori)
4° - Benozzo Gozzoli
- Town Hall (Piazza Duomo): Picture Gallery - 'Great' Tower. - Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta and Chapel Santa Fina (Piazza Duomo)
- Church of Sant'Agostino (Piazza Sant'Agostino)
The most important works of Benozzo Gozzoli, that worked in San Gimignano during the XV. century, can be admired
5° - Sant'Agostino and smaller churches
- Church of Santo Bartolo (Via San Matteo)
- Church of Sant'Agostino (Piazza Sant'Agostino)
- Church of San Pietro in Forliano (Piazza Sant'Agostino)
- Church of San Jacopo (Porta San Jacopo, not visitable)
- Church of San Lorenzo in Ponte (Via del Castello, not visitable)
Between the Church of San Jacopo and the Church of San Lorenzo in Ponte tourists can walk along the ancient walls and visit the medieval fountains (XII sec.).
Suggested Itineraries in and around San Gimignano:
• Siena, Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Arezzo and Pistoia. Shopping and city tours.
• Chianti. Excursions in Radda in Chianti, Castellina in Chianti and Gaiole in Chianti for visits to farms and wineries.
• The medieval castle town of Monteriggioni
• The Etruscan city of Volterra, the cliffs, salt marshes and the Roman theater.
• The Abbey of San Galgano Abbey and Massa Marittima.
• Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano and the Temple of San Biagio.
• The landscapes of the Crete Senesi and Asciano.
• San Quirico d' Orcia and the medieval spa of Bagni Vignoni.
• The thermal baths of Saturnia and the baths of Rapolano.
• Vinci, birthplace of Leonardo and the fortress of San Miniato.
• The Etruscan coast, the acropolis and the Gulf of Baratti Populonia.
• Certaldo, birthplace of novelist Boccaccio.
• Colle val d'Elsa, and the village of Casole d' Elsa.
• Pitigliano, Sorano and Sovana.
Information - Annual events in San Gimignano
January 1: New Year's Concert. Theatre Leggieri.
January 31: Festival of the City's Patron Saint: San Gimignano: Traditional fair in Piazza del Duomo and Piazza della Cisterna.
January-February: Parades of giant allegoric Carnival floats created in papier-mâché with music, confetti and masked groups.
March 12: Festival of Santa Fina, the patron saint of the city, traditional fair in Piazza del Duomo and Piazza della Cisterna
April-October: 'Degusta con noi': Guided visits to cellars and wineries with tasting of the best local wines.
THIRD WEEKEND IN JUNE: 'Ferie delle Messi': Historic Festival through the town's streets and squares with markets of medieval arts and crafts. Storytellers, actors and musicians. During the Sunday afternoon: knights parade and tournament.
July-August: ' San Gimignano Estate': series of performances and events including opera, poetry, theatre, ballet and classical concerts in Piazza del Duomo.
FIRST SUNDAY OF AUGUST: Festival of thanks from the citizens of San Gimignano to their Patron Saint: Saint Fina - SANTA FINA'S FAIR Stalls and stands in Piazza del Duomo, Piazza della Cisterna and Piazza delle Erbe August 10 - 'Calici sotto le stelle': An open-air tasting of local wines. Piazza Sant'Agostino.
August 28: Fair of Sant'Agostino, in the central town's squares with the liturgical celebrations in the Church of Sant'Agostino and fair in the streets.
Late August - Early September: 'Sagra del buongustaio': Gastronomic fair at 'IL CAMPINO'
September 8: Festival of the Madonna of Pancole: at the Sanctuary. Food stands and fireworks.
December: Concert of Wishes Church of Sant'Agostino
December: Christmas Concert at the theater Leggieri
December 31: New Year's Eve party between the towers: Feast at the end of the year in the Piazza del Duomo with music, entertainment, dancing and fireworks.
Details for APARTMENT LA TORRETTA 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, 2 Bathrooms
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets not allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
My name is Juliana Taddei, I live in San Gimignano and is a retired teacher, who like and delight, having two apartments in the historical center of San Gimignano, I am dedicated with great pleasure the activity of renting rooms and holiday homes.
I do this activity with great passion and dedication because I really like to stay in contact with the many people who come to visit our beautiful city. I try to offer a quality service, as careful as possible to the needs of my clients. My greatest satisfaction is when, at the end of their holiday, my guests tell me they have had a great holiday, which they loved my own apartment and hope to return to San Gimignano. Well, this is something that makes me very, very happy because I understand that my work has served to push through a brief period of joy and happiness to my customers.
I not have a big hotel or a resort ultra-modern, and that's why I try to focus and direct my activities on the human level. The contact with the person in front of me is very important and I try to meet the needs of my clients, trying to do rediscover the great hospitality that characterized us, and the values and traditions of our beautiful town of San Gimignano.