Tahoe Donner House Rental Photos and Description
Tree filtered light-filled 3 BR, 2 Ba, Sleeps up to 10
Let your imagination begin. Put your feet up and relax next to the fire. Or sit back on the large deck and take in the sounds of the Sierras. This cozy home invites your family and friends to enjoy the alpine air and experience some time nestled amongst the firs. The living room is spacious with vaulted cathedral ceilings. A massive wall of windows rises to the roof inviting tree-filtered natural light throughout the chalet.
The roomy kitchen includes an open view to the dining and living areas. Kids and friends can belly up to the breakfast bar on four old west style, leather-topped swivel stools. The large dining table offers the setting for memorable dinners over glasses of wine and laughter. Or on warm summer nights take advantage of the Weber BBQ and picnic on the deck. After dinner enjoy one of the board games on the soft carpet before the fire.
With nearly ½ acre, the gently sloping lot backs to a green belt for hiking, playing and exploring. The neighborhood offers even more:
• The Tahoe Donner golf course, equestrian center, hiking and biking trails, bocce ball and volleyball, and tennis courts.
• Year round heated pools, steam room, sauna, hot tubs / spas, and more at Trout Creek Recreation Center and Northwoods Clubhouse.
• A short drive to world-class all-season resorts like Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Northstar, Sugarbowl and Royal Gorge.
• The Lodge Restaurant & Pub – relaxed bistro atmosphere with fine pub cuisine
• Pizza on the Hill
• The Snowplay Area for tubing and sledding on groomed runs, snowshoeing and cocoa and snacks.
• Easy access to downtown Truckee for antiquing, shopping, groceries, restaurants, cafes, pubs and more.
• And when it’s time to go home, you will already be on the west side of Truckee, well ahead of those caught up behind you in the choked traffic on Hwy 89.
1. Master Suite (entire 2nd floor) – Queen bed - handmade custom log bed. Many windows and views. Private bathroom. Loft area overlooking the living area and the tree canopy outside the picture windows.
2. Bunk Room (1st floor) – Two (2) twin-over-full-size bunk beds (sleeps 6). Shared full bathroom.
3. Bedroom 3 (1st floor) – Queen bed. Shared full bathroom.
Items included for your convenience:
• LCD TV, high speed internet, Blue-Ray DVD player with WIFI for Hulu, Netflix, games, etc.
• Pack N Play and Space Saver High Chair for our littlest guests
• Board games
• Pots & Pans, cutting boards, knives, various dishware and utensils
• Coffee Maker & bean grinder (gold filter always provided; also #2 paper filters often included)
• Salad Spinner
• Hair dryer
• Washer & Dryer (detergent nearly always included)
• Linens & Towels
• Garbage bags
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
What makes this house unique
Rental includes guest passes for up to eight people to access private Tahoe Donner amenities. (Day use fees are additional). Tahoe Donner amenities include the private Trout Creek Recreation Center featuring a full gym, hot tubs and year-round pool. Seasonal amenities include the Tahoe Donner Ski Area, X-Country Ski Center, private beach at Donner Lake, golf, tennis, hiking/biking trails, equestrian center, and more!
Guestbook comments from the owner
...and staying in this cozy, amazing cabin. It's comfortable, and everyone here is super-duper friendly. We're definitely coming back, whether you like it or not :)