Long-Road-Cottage is located on the property of famous garden designer, Conni Cross. As you walk up the steps onto the stone porch, you will marvel at the wisteria-covered pergola above and the striking view of the garden and sun lawn, which lead to additional gardens and seating area with fire pit. Perfect for enjoying a local bottle of wine on a tranquil night. This porch offers seating for six, a hammock, and use of gas grill. This cottage is a 1 bedroom, 1 bath house (1200 sq. ft.) with optional second bedroom located off the back of the house with a separate entrance. Upon entering the home through beautiful French doors, the living room which opens into the fully-equipped eat-in kitchen, will tempt you to kick back and relax while breathing in the scents of the ethereal landscape that surrounds this amazing home. The shining granite countertops and working, stainless steel appliances are perfect for cooking a delectable meal using local ingredients from the neighboring farms. To the left of the kitchen there is an enclosed office area, which offers privacy, and a quiet work area. A large bathroom is located off the living room and boasts beautiful tile work with limestone tub/shower complete with handheld rain showerhead. A staircase to the left of the main entrance will lead you to a large loft master bedroom complete with king bed and a separate sitting room with day bed and office area.
Long-Road-Cottage offers a private driveway with parking for four cars, 2 flat screen televisions with DVD players, linens and towels included. Daily cleaning service, separate bedroom, and additional leisure amenities (i.e., continental breakfast, use of adjacent pool, and private, local garden tours.)are available for an additional cost.
Conni Cross is known world-wide for her exsquisite work in nature.
Jessica Kelleher purchased this cottage in 1992
This property has been featured in various publications, including House Beautiful and Better Homes and Gardens. On the property of famous garden designer, Conni Cross this cottage is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience nature at its utmost potential.
Booked this cottage for my best friends bachelorette weekend- just a bunch of girls, who based their trip upon wine tasting. The cottage comfortably slept 6 of us. I paid through PayPal, communication was fast, easy and super helpful. The cottage is so beautiful and so clean! Some of the girls found an issue with actually finding the cottage (we went through the back and drove through a super long driveway, until Connie came by with a more help suggestion as to getting onto the property, but thats the only issue we encountered) Connie had some fresh eggs in the kitchen for us, plenty of pillows and blankets. I couldn't ask for anything more, except a longer stay. Thanks so much for your hospitality!!! Can't wait to revisit.
The listing and pictures are very accurate, though they do not do this property justice since the house is even more beautiful in person. The home is a wonderful place to get away from it all and enjoy some time in The North Fork. Jess was very responsive and helpful thru the booking and stay.
Stayed at the cottage this past weekend. Some background on us: Group of 7 in our late 20s - needed a break from the city and wanted to explore North Fork.
Notes on stay:
1. Booking the cottage was extremely easy - booked via email and paid through paypal.
2. Property manager responded to all e-mails and questions very quickly. Booking was very professional with well written reservation contract and provided some helpful guides for the stay.
3. Location was convenient to everything we wanted to do - vineyard hopping, exploring the town of Greenport, and checking out some farms along the way.
4. The amenities in the cottage were great! All the pots and pans you could need, central A/C, beds were extremely comfortable, lots of extra bedding/linens, WiFi was speedy and there was enough space/beds for all of us. TV was perfect for watching the world cup... for those that chose to do that. Property was extremely clean and well maintained.
5. Cottage looks better in real life than in photos and much larger than expected.
6. We will definitely come back!
7. Had some trouble finding the cottage at night since it is at the back of an expansive property - try and arrive while there is still light. Googlemaps will only direct you to the entrance of the property but might be tough to navigate to the cottage itself for the first time if you don't know the property layout. Property mgr provides excellent directions to the cottage from the entrance but landmarks referenced in the directions can't easily be seen at night.
8. Note also that the main bedroom in the cottage is in a loft that overlooks the living room of the cottage so there is not much in terms of privacy if you are travelling with a group. However, there is a separate bedroom in the back that would work if a couple in your group would like their own separate area.
9. Would definitely recommend this property to any friend or relative.
10. Excellent stay!
We booked last minute for a weekend getaway in March, and we could not believe our luck for finding this beautiful cottage and immediately booked two more stays in summer before we left. The cottage was serene and cozy and had everything you needed, and the surrounding area was so beautiful even in rain before all the greens came out. We are looking forward to dipping in the swimming pool, feeding little animals, visiting beautiful beaches in a short driving distance while getting fresh seafood and local ice cream on the way home, barbecue dinner outside and sitting by the campfire at night while a brand new dishwasher is quietly doing its job! Jessica was very prompt and helpful on reservation and Connie was very hospitable for making our stay very comfortable. Perfect for anyone for wanting to be at a beautiful place and relax!
I recently made a trip to Long Island to just get away for a couple days and to catch up with an old friend who lives on the North Fork. Lucky for me this lovely cottage was available and provided the PERFECT place to do both things! It is snuggled amongst the trees away from the main road so it’s private, quiet, and – oh – so peaceful. The cottage itself is warm, welcoming and very comfortable. It’s decorated beautifully, the furniture is ALL comfortable, and the kitchen and bathrooms have recently been renovated with new counters, tiles, fixtures. I felt at home from the moment I walked in, which is a nice change from the impersonal feel of hotel rooms! I would recommend this cottage for anyone looking to get away, for ANY reason! My only regret is that I came too late in the year to see everything blooming – I guess I’ll just have to come back next spring/summer!!
My husband, son and I had the pleasure of staying here over the 4th of July weekend. We were met by the gracious owner who showed around the property and breathtakingly beautiful gardens.(She also left us some fresh eggs to feast on!) The cottage is so inviting and comfortable- complete with sumptuous beddings and towels, we only wished we could have stayed longer. Our only regret? We didn't swim in the pool. Next time!!
Located in wine country, this beautiful cottage is located in close proximity to some of Long Island's most beautiful beaches. Visitors can enjoy many attractions such as local farms, wineries, gardens, museums, restaurants, and much more.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 21 2015 - Oct 31 2015
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
|Notes||Check, PayPal, Chase QuickPay, Bank Transfers, Bank Checks|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.