The C18th Manoir Nord comes with beautiful gardens and tennis court. The house is 3 minutes from the ancient town walls and market of Montreuil, and 10 minutes from the golf clubs and beaches of Le Touquet. With 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms the house and grounds are stylish, comfortable and perfect for family holidays. WiFi and Sky TV are included. Please note that full property descriptions, photographs, availability & prices are kept up to date on my website which you can visit by clicking on my personal website link below.
The Manoir is set around a big courtyard with many stables, garages and outbuildings. The 2 acres of gardens and orchards are surrounded by 15 acres of wooded pastures on one side and the village green on the other. Neighbouring the house is the C18th church and the village Mairie.
The house dates from the C18th but was extensively remodelled in C19th and has recently been completely redecorated. On the ground floor all rooms are lit by chandeliers and decorated with rugs and paintings. The rooms comprise:
- 40ft wood panelled salon with big sofas, two log fireplaces with marble surrounds, antique dining table and chairs, HiFi system.
- A large and airy kitchen which is fully equipped and has a 2 metre long kitchen table with seating for ten.
- A second salon with flat screen TV, Sky and DVD, two big sofas and many books and games.
- A large entrance hall lies between the kitchen and second salon.
The first floor contains the following:
- Main bedroom with large double bed and en suite bathroom.
- Two further bedrooms with double beds, marble fireplaces and antique mirrors
- Fourth bedroom with twin beds.
- A huge children's bedroom with two bunk beds, cot, play area and many toys and games.
- Large family bathroom.
On the second floor there is:
- A very pretty attic bedroom with double bed.
- A newly built bathroom.
Apart from the big formal courtyard there is a very sheltered rear courtyard with a paved area next to the house which contains a large glass-topped table with seating for 12. This leads to a gravelled area with flower beds to each side containing rhododendrons, hydrangeas and roses.
The tarmac tennis court lies in a sheltered corner at the end of the garden. It was resurfaced in 2005 and remains in good condition. There is also a gravelled boules pitch with a raised terrace, and a garden table and chairs with honeysuckle overhead.
The garden is divided into different area by paths and hedges. There are hundreds of roses and shrubs and several grassed areas for playing, reading or an afternoon nap. There are over 50 fruit trees, most of which are arranged in formal squares or grown against the garden walls. At the end of the garden is an acre of wood which is deliberately left in a more wild state. BBQ on wheels is available. Elsewhere in the grounds there is a gardeners WC with basin.