LOCATION: As a resident of a centuries-old building on a beautiful winding granite cobbled street, which even by Parisian high standards is considered a particularly beautiful and charming street, you will have museums, art galleries, incredible food and the latest in fashion at your doorstep. It is also just steps away from the beautiful Place des Vosges, numerous museums, parks and the river quays for romantic walks along the Seine. Additionally, the shops and restaurants in this neighborhood have the unique distinction of being open on Sundays, a rarity in Paris, which gives you the convenience of having everything you need available to you 7 days a week. The neighborhood is so popular on Sundays that the streets are closed off to cars and the area becomes a pedestrian zone for the day.
SLEEPING: Fall asleep on the highest quality mattress and crisp white pressed linens that ensure very restful nights. There are two sleeping areas: the loft space with a 140cm x 200cm bed (larger than a US full size bed) and a sofabed that amazes guests with its comfortable and incredibly firm full-size mattress that is 160cm x 200cm (also larger than a US queen size bed). The large skylights and southern exposure fill the apartment with natural light year-round, while the remote-controlled electric skylight shades allow you to sleep late or go to bed early if you need to transition to the time change; this is particularly useful in the summer when it can be light out until as late as 11:00pm! Fall asleep looking into the Paris sky, watching the beam of the Eiffel tower brush the clouds overhead, or on a clear night looking up at the stars.
* 2 guests are asked to use 1 bed. If 2 guests would like to use separate beds, please indicate 3 guests when making the booking.
EATING: A white stone countertop and white glass cabinets conceal a full service kitchen that is ideal for picking up food at local markets and at nearby bakeries, cheese, chocolate and wine shops and enjoying in the apartment. The kitchen includes a dishwasher, oven-microwave, cooktop, and built-in aeration hood and lighting. A short walk from one of the biggest open-air food markets in Paris at the nearby Bastille, foodies will find themselves in culinary heaven with both internationally lauded haute-cuisine, as well as up and coming restaurants and bistrots surrounding the apartment.
OVERVIEW OF AMENITIES:
• Secure building with coded entry and two copies of your own key.
• NON-SMOKING apartment and amenities.
• Elevator (only 1 in 200 buildings in this historic neighborhood has an elevator!).
• Full size Miele clothes washer AND separate Miele clothes dryer.
• An espresso and coffee machine (including a Nespresso coffee supply).
• A supply of delicious Madeleine pastries to complement your morning coffee.
• Unlimited ultra high-speed fiber optic WIFI Internet connection.
• Flat screen HD television with hundreds of cable channels included.
• FREE unlimited phone calls to anywhere in France, to the USA and Canada, as well as unlimited calling to landlines in hundreds of countries including the UK, continental Europe, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina and Brazil, among many others.
• A fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, oven-microwave, large refrigerator (by Parisian standards) cooktop and built-in aeration.
• An excellent bottle of wine awaiting you upon arrival.
• Fresh flowers.
• The highest quality mattress and linens ensure very restful nights.
• Spacious rain shower with heated towel rack in the bathroom.
• Detailed guide to the apartment and neighborhood, including restaurant recommendations.
• 200 year-old terracotta flooring.
• High quality hypoallergenic duvets/comforters and pillows, towels and sheets.
• Hair dryer.
• You will be personally greeted upon arrival, shown to the apartment and given a thorough orientation to the apartment and neighborhood.
• Large skylights that flood the apartment with light, with remote controlled shutters that can shut out the light with the touch of a button.
• 3 minutes from the Metro, putting you at the Louvre, Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe in minutes (or you can easily walk as well).
• There are no extra charges (except for extra guests): cable TV, long distance calling, WIFI, wine, coffee, pastries, utilities and taxes are all included.