|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Romantic, secluded, peaceful, private and off the beaten path, but still less than 15 minutes from everything you will need! Come relax, rest and renew your body, mind and spirit in this charming, funky yet luxurious cottage that is tucked into the trees on a hillside 100 feet above the ocean's edge. The “Treehouse” has a large outdoor bathroom and magical shower with complete views of the ocean over swaying palms. Once you’ve melted into one of the hammock chairs you’ll debate whether it’s worth getting up to go to the beach at all (even though you can walk 5 minutes down our private road, scramble down the hillside and end up on your own completely private and secluded white sand beach!)
There are two decks facing the ocean, gathering the gentle breezes for relaxing in the hammock chairs or enjoying your meals as you watch the pelicans glide by with nothing but ocean as a backdrop. You also can choose to walk down a few stairs to the hot tub in its own funky, oceanfront cabana from which you can gaze up at the stars and down at the water.
The Treehouse has high-speed internet access, a full kitchen, refrigerator with an ice maker, stove & oven, microwave, an incredibly comfortable queen size bed with down pillows, and super soft sheets. There is also a Mitchell Gold sofa that opens to become a very comfortable queen size bed, a 47” flat screen TV with Dish Network, a music system and an island charm that makes you feel like you belong here. And it’s private!!!! The front deck has two hammock chairs facing the ocean of course, and the side deck comes with a BBQ, table and chairs and colorful steps that lead to the irresistible indoor/outdoor shower.
We supply the beach chairs, beach towels, ice chest and beach bags...
We’ve got the love, the breeze and the view...
All we are missing is you! .
The Tree House on the Water is located down a private drive on the northeast side of St. Thomas, adjacent to our villa, Spirit on the Water. You have your own hideaway tucked in the trees but with full views of ocean, ocean and more ocean. Really dreamy. Really special. Really welcoming.
Now to answer some FAQ's for those of you who are interested:
* We recommend that you rent a car, and with the island roads, Jeeps are the best vehicles by far. relationship with a local, licensed, and privately owned business that has a fleet of new Jeeps with prices well below the national rental car companies if you're interested let us know. They offer a personalized and friendly service that includes meeting you at the airport with your car, having the paperwork ready, and getting you on the road in minutes. They also will meet you back at the airport on your departure, for curbside drop off.
* We are located about 20 minutes from the airport and will email you detailed driving directions and a map once you've reserved.
* Yes, it's private! The 'Treehouse' (which isn't actually built in a tree but around the trees) is located at the beginning of our private drive so the only time you see people is when we are coming and going.
* We have put together a book with detailed descriptions and directions to our favorite restaurants, beaches etc. You get the benefit of our 12 years of experience on the island as a bonus!
* You can reach the famous Magen's Bay Beach in10 minutes. The town of Red Hook is about 12 minutes away where there is a good selection of shops, restaurants and bars (including the infamous Duffy's Love Shack) and the Ferry Terminal for St. John and the British Virgin Islands.
* All of our water is collected rainwater that goes through a very sophisticated filtering system and ultraviolet treatment before use.
* We also have a concierge service, for an additional fee, that offers everything from a private driver during your stay to a fridge fill before your arrival and everything in between.
* Most importantly there's a lot of joy and laughter in the air around the whole property!
“What do you mean we can’t have fun all the time?”
We wouldn’t be who we are today if we followed all the rules! In fact, it’s because I refused to do what I was told that I’ve had this huge array of experiences. Ok, I wouldn’t say that living out of my car in Hawaii was the best idea I ever had but it sure made me appreciate life and know for sure what I didn’t want!
I like fresh air, warm turquoise water, and open spaces for miles. I like young people and old people, little people and big people as long as I can be who I am around them. I like relationships with no yelling, conversations that get me thinking, characters in books that I can imagine being and I like mashed potatoes and gravy no matter what time of day.
If I had a choice whether or not to stop on the side of the road to help rescue a dog or keep driving to get to an appointment on time, I’d be late for my appointment. But that is about the only thing that would make me late. I like keeping my word.
There has never been a time in my life when I wasn’t interested in what other people were thinking, where they were ‘coming from’, and where they were going as a result of all their experiences.
There also has never been a time in my life when I wasn’t looking at who I am, what I want, how I’m going to get it, what it’s going to look like when I do so I can share it with others.
So, that’s my life. Except for the part I left out about my 5 husbands, my 2 French kids or my job as a Chief Intuitive Officer all while moving over the years from Texas to California to Hawaii to Connecticut to Paris to New York City and finally in 2004 to St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands where I live very happily today with my husband our two big ol’ black dogs, one little dog found at the splash and dash car wash, five cats and assortment of lizards, iguana’s and tree frogs. Who could ask for anything more?
Did I mention I like swimming in warm turquoise water?
June & Ed Miller purchased this cottage in 2012
It's unusual because it sits right on a cliff overlooking the ocean.... giving you a real feeling of actually being in a boat, on land! And the charm of this cottage is that it is separate from our villa 'Spirit on the Water' giving you privacy, decks to enjoy the view or your dinner, hammock chairs to chill in and all of that right on top of the ocean. The colorful steps lead all the way up to your own private bathroom and shower with views all around. Stunning... original... one of a kind! (And the owners aren't so bad either!) LOL.
Tucked away on the mountain side right above the ocean... truly private and dreamy with your own funky hot tub cabana to complete the picture...tons of character!
We are located in Estate Harmony, Tutu Bay, right on the water!!! There are lots of great hikes and trails and some that lead down to white sand beaches!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||$100 + Tax|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.