Romantic, secluded, peaceful, private and off the beaten path, but still less than 15 minutes from everything you will need! Come relax, rest and renew your body, mind and spirit in this charming, funky yet luxurious cottage that is tucked into the trees on a hillside 100 feet above the ocean's edge. The “Treehouse” has a large outdoor bathroom and magical shower with complete views of the ocean over swaying palms. Once you’ve melted into one of the hammock chairs you’ll debate whether it’s worth getting up to go to the beach at all (even though you can walk 5 minutes down our private road, scramble down the hillside and end up on your own completely private and secluded white sand beach!)
There are two decks facing the ocean, gathering the gentle breezes for relaxing in the hammock chairs or enjoying your meals as you watch the pelicans glide by with nothing but ocean as a backdrop. You also can choose to walk down a few stairs to the hot tub in its own funky, oceanfront cabana from which you can gaze up at the stars and down at the water.
The Treehouse has high-speed internet access, a full kitchen, refrigerator with an ice maker, stove & oven, microwave, an incredibly comfortable queen size bed with down pillows, and super soft sheets. There is also a Mitchell Gold sofa that opens to become a very comfortable queen size bed, a 47” flat screen TV with Dish Network, a music system and an island charm that makes you feel like you belong here. And it’s private!!!! The front deck has two hammock chairs facing the ocean of course, and the side deck comes with a BBQ, table and chairs and colorful steps that lead to the irresistible indoor/outdoor shower.
We supply the beach chairs, beach towels, ice chest and beach bags...
We’ve got the love, the breeze and the view...
All we are missing is you! .
The Tree House on the Water is located down a private drive on the northeast side of St. Thomas, adjacent to our villa, Spirit on the Water. You have your own hideaway tucked in the trees but with full views of ocean, ocean and more ocean. Really dreamy. Really special. Really welcoming.
Now to answer some FAQ's for those of you who are interested:
* We recommend that you rent a car, and with the island roads, Jeeps are the best vehicles by far. relationship with a local, licensed, and privately owned business that has a fleet of new Jeeps with prices well below the national rental car companies if you're interested let us know. They offer a personalized and friendly service that includes meeting you at the airport with your car, having the paperwork ready, and getting you on the road in minutes. They also will meet you back at the airport on your departure, for curbside drop off.
* We are located about 20 minutes from the airport and will email you detailed driving directions and a map once you've reserved.
* Yes, it's private! The 'Treehouse' (which isn't actually built in a tree but around the trees) is located at the beginning of our private drive so the only time you see people is when we are coming and going.
* We have put together a book with detailed descriptions and directions to our favorite restaurants, beaches etc. You get the benefit of our 12 years of experience on the island as a bonus!
* You can reach the famous Magen's Bay Beach in10 minutes. The town of Red Hook is about 12 minutes away where there is a good selection of shops, restaurants and bars (including the infamous Duffy's Love Shack) and the Ferry Terminal for St. John and the British Virgin Islands.
* All of our water is collected rainwater that goes through a very sophisticated filtering system and ultraviolet treatment before use.
* We also have a concierge service, for an additional fee, that offers everything from a private driver during your stay to a fridge fill before your arrival and everything in between.
* Most importantly there's a lot of joy and laughter in the air around the whole property!