East End Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Funky large studio apt. w/ 2 oceanview front decks and a private hot tub deck!
Come rest and renew your body, mind and spirit in this charming, funky yet luxury apartment that is tucked into the side of a mountain 100 feet above the oceans edge. Off the beaten path, but still only about 10 minutes from everything! The Apartment has a large outdoor bathroom and shower with 360º views of the ocean and swaying palms. Once you’ve landed in one of the hammock chairs you’ll debate whether it’s worth getting up to go to the beach at all. (Especially since you can walk 2 minutes, scramble down the cliff and be on a secluded white sand beach when the tide is out!!!)
There is a beautiful ocean front cabana from which you can sit in your private hot tub and gaze up at the stars as well as two ocean front decks to hang from the hammock chairs or enjoy your meals.
The Treehouse contains a full kitchen, refrigerator with an ice maker, stove & oven, microwave, an incredibly comfortable queen size bed, really soft sheets, a Mitchell Gold sofa that opens to become a queen size bed for additional sleeping, a 47” flat screen TV with Dish Network, a SONOS music system and an island charm that makes you feel like you belong here. And it’s private!!!! The front deck has two hammock chairs facing the ocean of course, and the side deck comes with your BBQ, table and chairs and colorful steps that lead to the irresistible indoor/outdoor shower.
We supply the beach chairs, beach towels, ice chest and beach bags...
We’ve got the love, the breeze and the view...
All we are missing is you! .
The Tree House on the Water is located down a private drive on the northeast side of St. Thomas, just before you reach our villa, Spirit on the Water. You have your own little hideaway tucked in the trees but with full views of ocean, ocean and more ocean. Really dreamy. Really special. Really welcoming.
Now to answer some FAQ's for those of you interested:
* It's much better if you rent a car (or a jeep even better!) to get around on island. Even though we are close to everything, you'll need a car to get there!
* Yes, it's private! The 'Treehouse' (which isn't actually built in a tree but around the tree's) is located at the beginning of our private drive so the only time you see people is when we are coming and going.
* There is a book with directions to our favorite restaurants, beaches etc.
* You can reach the famous Megan's Bay Beach in10 minutes. The town of Red Hook is about 12 minutes away where there is a good selection of shops, restaurants and bars (including the infamous Duffy's Love Shack) and the Ferry Terminal for St. John and the British Virgin Islands.
* All of our water is collected rainwater which goes through a very sophisticated filtering system before use.
* We are located about 20 minutes from the airport. We will email you driving directions and a map once you've reserved.
* We have a concierge service, for an additional fee, that offers everything from a private driver during your stay to a fridge fill before your arrival and everything in between. (Arrange for additional cleaning, book your excursions, etc. etc.)
* Most importantly there's a lot of joy and laughter in the air around the whole property!
- smoking allowed
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
About June & Ed Miller
“What do you mean I can’t have fun all the time?”
I wouldn’t be who I am today if I followed all the rules. In fact, it’s because I refused to do what I was told that I’ve had this huge array of experiences. Ok, I wouldn’t say that living out of my car in Hawaii was the best idea I ever had but it sure made me appreciate life and know for sure what I didn’t want!
I like fresh air, warm turquoise water, and open spaces for miles. I like young people and old people, little people and big people as long as I can be who I am around them. I like relationships with no yelling, conversations that get me thinking, characters in books that I can imagine being and I like mashed potatoes and gravy no matter what time of day.
If I had a choice whether or not to stop on the side of the road to help rescue a dog or keep driving to get to an appointment on time, I’d be late for my appointment. But that is about the only thing that would make me late. I like keeping my word.
There has never been a time in my life when I wasn’t interested in what other people were thinking, where they were ‘coming from’, and where they were going as a result of all their experiences.
There also has never been a time in my life when I wasn’t looking at who I am, what I want, how I’m going to get it, what it’s going to look like when I do so I can share it with others.
So, that’s my life. Except for the part I left out about my 5 husbands, my 2 French kids or my job as a Chief Intuitive Officer all while moving over the years from Texas to California to Hawaii to Connecticut to Paris to New York City and finally in 2004 to St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands where I live very happily today with my husband our two big ol’ black dogs, one little dog found at the splash and dash car wash, five cats and assortment of lizards, iguana’s and tree frogs. Who could ask for anything more?
Did I mention I like swimming in warm turquoise water?
June & Ed Miller purchased this apartment in 2012
Why June & Ed Miller chose East End
It's unusual because it sits right on a cliff overlooking the ocean.... giving you a real feeling of actually being in a boat, on land! And the charm of this apartment is that it is separate from our villa 'Spirit on the Water' giving you privacy, decks to enjoy the view or your dinner, hammock chairs to chill in and all of that right on top of the ocean. The colorful steps lead all the way up to your own private bathroom and shower with views all around. Stunning... original... one of a kind! (And the owners aren't so bad either!) LOL.
What makes this apartment unique
Tucked away on the mountain side right above the ocean... truly private and dreamy with tons of character!