|Minimum Stay||6 nights|
La Luna Azul (Blue Moon) is a charming, Caribbean style villa with Gingerbread trim. Right on the water, with great snorkeling, constant cool sea breezes and stunning ocean views, this lovely seaside rental is an ideal, relaxing retreat. The living room is a large open space nicely decorated with Caribbean features and comfortable furnishings. The light, airy kitchen is well-equipped, with easy access to open spaces and lovely ocean views. Two handcrafted wooden tables provide easy alfresco dining and ocean views. The peaceful master bedroom has an ocean view and adjacent office area. There are wooden floors, an unusual hand-sculpted stone bathroom, and beautiful windows finished with lovely wooden shutters. The wrap-around veranda provide comfortable inside and outside areas for relaxing. Just outside, there is a stone wall with stone steps leading to the rocky shore and coral reef, ideal for snorkeling.
You will feel right at home in this lovely seaside house with its charming airy spaces and welcoming Caribbean furnishings.
I am a marine biologists who splits my time between Cape Cod, MA and Bequia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
Nathalie Ward, PhD purchased this house in 2004
My property is located directly on the ocean, with incredible views and close to the friendly village of La Pompe. Nestled into a hill, my property is very private, cosy and comfortable. It is a short walk to Friendship Bay with its sandy beach and resort hotel.
Bequia is an enchanting Caribbean island noted for its beautiful harbor dotted with sailboats and yachts, its charming village of boutique shops, open air markets, bars and restaurants. It is also renowned for its boat building, whaling tradition and gala Easter Regatta. A small volcanic island with stunning views, there are nearby excursions available to the turtle sanctuary, the beautiful nearby island of St. Vincent, Mustique and other Grenadine islands.
Bequia is a unique aborigine whaling and sea faring community with a rich maritime history. An intriguing mix of native Bequians of African, Scottish, Irish, French, Indian and Carib descent live on the island. Local families can trace their ancestry directly back the islands earliest inhabitants of the 18th century - and more recent settlers from Europe, America and Canada who have chosen to make Bequia their home. English is the native language. Its small size (7 square miles) makes it easy to access shopping, bars, hotels and ocean activities. Temperatures range from 75 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit with constant , warming trade winds.
This house is so cozy and delightful, light, airy. We have cherished memories of our stay. Owner and her sister were so very helpful that we felt an immediate connection to this wonderful island. There were four of us so we had to finagle the loft sleeping space but we worked it out. Pictures reflect actual house but cannot convey its wonderful spirit. Short walk to excellent swimming in Friendship Bay. Bus and taxi ride to town. Good base for exploring in the hills.
From La Luna Azul you can gaze at other lovely islands, including Mustique and the renowned whaling station. The friendly village of La Pompe includes a nearby grocery. Friendship Bay Hotel, with its beautiful sandy beach and resort restaurants is within walking distance. Snorkeling, scuba diving, swimming, sailing and motor boating are also available. Enjoy watching the fisherman bring in their catch every morning and buy fresh fish for dinner.
Warm tropical breezes and stunning ocean views make this a relaxing retreat.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 2014 - Apr 30 2015
6 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$600|
|$100 cleaning per 2 wks||$100|
Pay by certified check or money order. Fresh linens and bath towels included weekly.
To confirm reservation, deposit 25% of total (non refundable) plus refundable damage deposit ($600) and cleaning fee ($100). Remainder (75%) is due 2 months before reservation date begins.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.