|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
A newly remodeled 900 sq. ft. guest cabin located on 3+ wooded acres near the Carlo House in the beautiful Carlo Creek area. A two (2) bedroom guest cabin with living room, two (2) full bathrooms, full kitchen with all the essentials, washer/dryer, TV/VCR, cable, movies, free WiFi, and deck with gas grill.
A great rental for families or companion rental with the Carlo House for larger families and small groups that want to be close to Denali NP but away from the crowded entrance with all the amenities of home.
The cabin is 900 sq. ft, with one bedroom will have (1) King bed, the second bedroom will have two (2) queen beds and a private bath, there is a cozy living room, second bathroom, full kitchen w/seating and the amenities of home, TV/VCR, cable, movies, free WiFi, and gas grill.
Owned by two best friends, Holly Slinkard and Tracey Smith. We purchased our main property McKinley Creekside Cabins & Cafe in 1997 and the 'Carlo House' and 'Carlo Guest Cabin' in 2009. Both of us being avid travelers ourselves, our goal was to create a place 'Where guests become friends'. We found in our travels that the best experiences, had more to do with the people we met and friends made on the journey.
We both live in Alaska year round. Holly spends 8 months in Denali and the remainder in Anchorage and traveling the world in the off season. Tracey lives in Palmer with her husband and son.
We are most thankful to the Lord above, all our guests and crew members for making this life possible in such an amazing place.
We know you will enjoy your time at the 'Carlo Guest Cabin' and Denali National Park, truly an amazing place!
Tracey Smith purchased this cabin in 2009
Denali is an amazing place where you can explore the park and surrounding areas for a lifetime and never see it all...the New 'Carlo Guest Cabin' provides a great location that is close to the park but away from the crowed entrance. It has all the comforts and amenities of home and can accommodate up to 6 people. Nestled in the woods with amazing panoramic mountain views and all the comforts of home!
Just 13 miles or 15 minutes south of Denali National Park. The 'Carlo Guest Cabin' has all the comforts of home in a cozy cabin setting. Located on 3+ wooded acres next to the 'Carlo House'. In the summer enjoy hiking trails out your back door, biking, horse shoes, campfires and close to all the park and area activities. Amazing Northern Lights viewing August thru September. Book this cabin by itself or along with the Carlo House-great for large families and groups.
The first upside of this house is its location, within a 20 minute drive from most attractions in the area. Granted, this rental is quite expansive for what you get, but given the lack of quality rentals in the area, it’s worth paying more to be closer.
The house was completely refurbished and renovated at the beginning of 2013, so everything inside is new and clean. There’s plenty of wood and the decoration is very modern. The appliances are brand new and the beds are firm and very comfortable. The free WI-FI worked great and you might enjoy HBO and Showtime on TV.
Even if the overall experience was great, this house left us an unfinished taste. There are many small things that add up and lower the quality of the stay. Those are not real critics but some things needed to upgrade the stay.
- There aren’t many drawers. That’s a problem especially if you’re staying in the house for a long time.
- There are too few accessories in the kitchen (e.g. there is no colander). Since the house is far the major cities, you won’t find many restaurants and cooking your own meal is a great solution. But this scarcity sometimes makes the cooking tougher. On top of that, and even if the house has enough beds for six people, there were only five glasses. There were plenty of plastic glasses, but you’d expect better given the price of the rental.
- There are a lot of mosquitos in Denali’s region but the house a way too few screens at the doors and windows. That prevented us from changing air inside he house, which is bothersome if you cooked something smelly.
- I previously talked about the great TV offering. There are two TV sets in the house but only one has HD-quality programs. The only problem is that this HDTV is the bedroom, which means that if you want to relax in front of an HBO movie with your entire family you can either: get stuck with poor picture quality or seat on the master bedroom bed. If it’s impossible to get HD on both sets, switching the best quality to the living room might be better.
- Finally, the house has brand new washer and dryer which is great. The only problem is that they are located in the corridor, in front of the bathroom and very close to the living room and there and there is no door to cover them. The problem here is that you’ll have to cope with the noise coming from the machines when you’re eating or watching TV.
Once again, those are only small steps to make the experience better. I would definitely recommand this house
This was a nice place, comfortable beds, fine kitchen, clean, good location, etc. But, I think it was overpriced. There were no closets or dressers in the bedrooms. Not even a table or hooks, so nowhere to put your luggage and clothes. Also, it professes to have wifi, but doesn't really. We rarely had connectivity, usually only on the porch outside the cabin and then only spotty. You really should not advertise that you have wifi when it's so unreliable as to be useless. I would also suggest some info inside the cabin about area attractions, Denali brochures, restaurants, grocery stores, etc in addition to info about the cabin, check-out time, trash, recycling, etc.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May Special Promo Rate
May 18 2015 - May 31 2015
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Daily maid service is available for $50/day
Guests are asked to clean the kitchen/dishes (stove, counter, dishes), otherwise a $75/cleaning fee will apply.
A 50% is due at booking, and the balance will be collect/charged 45 days prior to check-in.
A 61+ day notice for a full refund, a 45-60 day notice is required for a refund, less $50.00 cancellation fee, within 44 day non refundable and you are charge full amount of reservation.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.