Godelleta Villa Rental Photos and Description
3 bedroom home-from-home with large gardens + free internet access
** Special offer: £50 off all 2 week holiday bookings **
A stay at the 'Yellow House' means that you can explore the beautiful region of Valencia. Enjoy the city centre attractions and the stunning sandy beaches of this region combine with discovering the charming, traditional Spanish towns and villages and stunning inland, rural scenery - all in 1 holiday.
Please take a look at our guest reviews to find out what previous guests have to say about the villa and the surrounding area.
This traditional Spanish villa is a home-from-home and features 3 good sized bedrooms, a spacious lounge/ dining area, a well equipped kitchen for self-catering and 2 bathrooms.
There is free wi-fi internet access (with your own laptop/ smartphone/ IPad), a 40 inch flat screen TV with Satellite TV, DVD player, I-Pod dock, CD player. Plus there is a great selection of books, DVD's & games to keep you entertained. The owner has thoughtfully provided maps and guidebooks for the local area so you can plan your days out to make the most of your holiday.
There is air-conditioning in 2 bedrooms, an electric fan in bedroom 3 & ceiling fans in the lounge. All windows have mosquito screens so you can open the windows without insects getting into the house.
You can eat breakfast on the balcony, relax in the very private garden surrounded by lovely fruit trees, cool off in your own private 6 x 3 m pool, play with your children in the garden, then chill out on spacious shady terrace during the heat of the day.
Fantastic extras provided by the owner include a gas BBQ, paella pan, a hammock, plus you can have fun playing table tennis, badminton, boules & darts. There is plenty of outdoor furniture such as sun loungers, deck chairs, parasol and outdoor table.
The local supermarket is really handy as it is only about 8 minutes drive away so you can stock up on your groceries really easily.
After unwinding and enjoying chilled out days at the villa, you may be ready to get out and explore Valencia, which is Spain's 3rd largest city. There is so much to see in this amazing city. A 'must' is to visit the futuristic City of Science and Arts (which includes the amazing Oceangraphic aquarium), Bioparc Zoo & Jardin del Turia.
Valencia is steeped in history as the cathedral is said to be the home of the Holy Grail. Don't forget to climb the tower for stunning views over the city. Then take time to discover the Barrio Carman (old quarter) with its old cobbled streets & plazas. There are many interesting monuments, museums & parks to explore as well as lots of art galleries.
Other places of interest are the La Lonja de la Seda (the former silk exchange), the Bull ring & Mercardo (the traditional, large indoor market).
Plus there is also the modern marina built to host the America's Cup & old port to explore. Football fans should visit Mestalla (the home of the Valencia football team).
Just off the A3 motorway (near the airport) is the fantastic Bonaire shopping mall with lots of outlets stores and famous name shops such as Zara, Mango, Primark and many more, an Al Campo hypermarket, lots of restaurants and fast food outlets to choose from plus a cinema and bowling.
The Valencian region also has stunning scenery to explore with lakes, mountains, rural & historical towns & villages. Walkers will enjoy the Sierra Calderona natural park with its unspoilt sea views, pine forests & well marked footpaths. The Reserva Muele de Cortes is another lovely nature reserve.
Closer to the coast is the Albufera freshwater lagoon & the stunning long sandy beaches of El Saler. Try the paella at El Palmer (home of Valencian paella).
This is an important agricultural area of Spain, therefore all kinds of fresh produce is grown locally. You will see the fruit trees and grapevines is the surrounding fields and valleys. You can even take a winery tour in the nearby town of Requena.
Take time to visit the warm water canyon at Montanejos, admire the Navajas waterfalls, sail through the beautiful Coves of Saint Joseph or discover the historical towns of Xativa & Sagunto.
Other activities on offer in the region include boat hire, sailing lessons, wind-surfing, jet-ski, diving lessons, fishing, cycling, horse riding, motor racing events & golf.
Experience local Spanish culture & stay at the villa during a fiesta such as Las Fallas (15-19 March) & La Tomatina .. the tomato throwing festival in nearby Bunol (last Wednesday in August).
As there is so much to do in the area, car hire is recommended to get the most out of your stay as there is so much to see and do in this region of Spain. However if you just want a lazy, chilled out holiday at the house to recharge your batteries, then we can provide airport transfers from Valencia airport, to the supermarket etc. Please ask for further details.
Fly into Valenica Manises airport, and it is only a short 20 minute drive to the house. Fly to Valencia with Easyjet from London Gatwick. Ryanair now fly to Valencia from London Stansted, Manchester, East Mids, Dublin, Bristol, Frankfurt, Brussels, Dusseldorf. It is cheaper to pre-book car hire before you travel.
Some previous guests have also used Alicante and Barcelona airports as the motorway network is excellent in this part of Spain.
We send a travel pack before you travel with directions from the airport, key information, emergency contact details plus at the house is a guest manual with ideas of where to shop, eat out and places to visit during your holiday.
There are lots of maps & guidebooks on the bookcase at the house to help you plan your stay. If you don't want to drive into Valencia, it is cheap & easy to catch the train from Chiva or get the metro from Torrent.
Rental Rate Information:
- Special 2 WEEK discount: £50 reduction off all 2 week holidays!!
- NEW short stays of 3-4 nights now available in April, October and November. Please enquire for a price.
- Check out Ryanair and Easyjet for great fares from the UK and other European destinations.
- We allow flexible arrival days to fit in with the best flights prices. We also offer flexible durations so you can stay for 9/10/11 nights etc
- Rental rates include all reasonable usage of gas, electric, bed linen, bathroom towels and beach towels
- Standard arrival time from 4 pm onward and departure time by 10 am. We may be able to offer more flexibility nearer your departure date once we know the booking schedule and whether they are any same day changeovers.
- For long term rental prices (over 4 weeks) please request via email.
- Minimum stay of 3 nights at selected times of the year. Shorter durations may be accommodated but rental rate will be for the minimum stay of 4 nights.
- It is mandatory that you have your own personal travel insurance for all members of the travelling party which incorporates the duration of your stay. We cannot accept personal claims.
- Deposit: 25% of total rental price to be paid within 7 days of booking being confirmed. Balance: Payable 10 weeks before departure together with a security deposit of £150. If you fail to pay the balance when due, your booking may be cancelled.
- The security deposit will be banked and fully refunded within 28 days of return provided that there are no damage/ breakages/ excessive use of electricity (or any other breach of holiday agreement). The security deposit will be banked and fully refunded within 28 days of return provided that there is no damage/ breakage/ excessive use of electricity (or any other breach of holiday agreement). We will not retain your security deposit for something like a broken glass or plate. We would appreciate you letting us know if this happens so it can be replaced by the owners for the next guests
- Cancellations: More than 10 weeks prior to arrival: loss of deposit.10-8 weeks prior: 50% of total rental rate will be refunded. 7-5 weeks prior: 25% of total rental rate will be refunded. 4-0 weeks prior: 0% refund.
- Please note, if you are booking within 10 weeks of your departure date, this is classed as a late booking and the total rental amount is due within 7 days of the booking being confirmed.
- Payment is normally only accepted in the quoted currency and is to be paid in £sterling. The approximate equivalent amounts in other currencies are to be used as a guide only. All actual payments amounts and method of payment in alternative currencies are to be agreed in advance between the advertiser/ owner and the guest.
- Preferred method of payment is UK sterling bank transfer (or cheque). We can also accept Euro payments. Payment can be accepted from countries outside of the euro zone can be made via international bank transfer or Paypal. There may be a small additional charge to cover the bank/ Paypal charges. Please ask for details.
- Once your booking is confirmed, the price is fixed and will not change. However, we reserve the right to change the published prices for new bookers during the holiday season depending on availability.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Nicola Rides
My name is Nicola and I run a small holiday lettings business called Maison-Sol Holiday Rentals. Currently I manage 10 properties in Spain and Turkey. I rent this holiday home on behalf of the owners and have visited it for my family holiday in May 2013, so please feel free to ask any questions.
I have worked in sales and marketing in the holiday industry for a leading holiday company before setting up my own business, and have been renting out holiday properties now for 8 years. I am also an overseas property owner myself as I have my own holiday home on the Bodrum Peninsula in Turkey.
Nicola Rides purchased this villa in 2003
Why Nicola Rides chose Godelleta
This villa offers a convenient, peaceful place to stay just outside of Valencia city. This means you have very easy access to the cultural and historical aspects of the city (as well as the shops) without having the constant hustle and bustle staying in city centre accommodation.
Valencia also has an interesting old port area and a 5 mile stretch of beach and promenade running to the north, whilst to the south of the city are stunning natural sand dunes and long stretches of sandy beaches.
The house is located about 20 minutes drive from Valencia airport and we also have guests fly into Barcelona and Alicante as well due to the excellent road network in this part of Spain.
It is situated about 5-6 km from the A-3 Madrid-Valencia motorway and about 7-8km from the A-7 motorway which runs north to Barcelona and up into France. The A-7 also goes south from Valencia down to Alicante and Murcia. This makes it easy to drive here from other areas of Spain or from France, Germany or other European countries.
What makes this villa unique
This house is spacious and set it its own spacious gardens with a private swimming pool in a quiet neighbourhood (not isolated on its own in the middle of nowhere like some properties are). It has a really homely feel to it with a large lounge and 2 bathrooms. There is a lovely, large shady patio with a dining table, gas BBQ and paella pan.
Games, books, DVD's and maps are supplied for the use of our guests. FREE wi-fi internet is available so you can connect your technology to the wireless network which is great for kids gadgets or if you need to bring your laptop for work purposes.
Plus to keep you busy, the owners have kindly provided darts, table tennis, basketball net, badminton and boules.