|Minimum Stay||7 - 14 nights|
Permit: BBWK2009-0003. GET/TAT: W01107960-01.
Kahale Makani is uust around the corner from Baby Beach and Baldwin Beach. Fully remodeled!!
Kahale Makani is located off the ocean in Spreckelsville / Paia. By car, we’re just one minute to Spreckelsville beach, and one minute to Paia. Take a morning walk alon the beach to Paia for breakfast. Kahale Makani has a two story main house, sitting next to the garage/cottage structure.
The main house is lovely, with a modern style, and plenty of light. The small yard area to the side of the house has great privacy, a large deck, and is surrounded by tropical plants. The interior has a well equipped kitchen, TV/DVD, CD stereo, telephone, laundry, and fresh new furnishings.
Will you spend time indoors? With a patio like this, we seriously doubt it!! The large overhung patio is a perfect place to sit outdoors - grill dinner on the built-in gas BBQ, and dine on the patio. Lounge on the huge outdoor sofa / chairs.
• lots of counter space and gourmet appliances.
• Fisher and Paykel fridge and drawer style dishwasher.
Master bedroom –
• King bed
• Ensuite bathroom with soaking tub and large shower
Bedroom #2 –
• Queen bed with bamboo bed frame
• Shares bath with bedroom #3
Bedroom #3 –
• Twin beds
• Shares bath with bedroom #3
There are very few legal vacation rental homes / cottages in Maui that offer such a wonderful setting, with such close proximity to the beach.
As my family and I sat around the final night at this beautiful home, I asked everyone to give me their top favorite things about the house and area.
Here are 11 of our favorite things about the house:
1. The lanai with great seating for lounging and meals
2. Integrated sound system with iPod dock
3. Outdoor shower - great to clean off sandy feet
4. Walk to 2 beaches in less than 2 minutes, going either direction out the front door! (Ok, that should really be number 1!)
5. Close to the airport and "central" to most areas
6. Rain shower head in the first floor bath
7. Large, u-shaped couch fit 6 of us comfortably and space for more if we needed
8. Cleanliness and spaciousness! The place is immaculate and modern with modern appliances.
9. The grill - we used it daily
10. Having a washer/dryer for laundry in the house
11. Friendliness of our reservation company!
Some favorite spots during the trip:
1. Komoda Bakery - the glazed donuts on a stick are heaven. Worth the 20 minute windy drive from Paia. We did it twice and now I wished we had gone just one more time!
2. Baby Beach! Having the breakwater protect the swimming area was great for kids, adults, lap swimmers (the strong current makes for a real-life lap pool!), and we watched sea turtles play just past it and one ended up on the breakwater/wall!
3. The sunrise drive up to Haleakala Crater - we unfortunately were fogged in, but on the way up, saw the most amazing stars.
4. Driving anywhere around the island in our 4 door jeep with the top off!
5. Charley's in Paia - and everything in Paia in general. Hippie town but lots of shops to browse through, and only 5 minutes from the house.
6. Wayne's Sushi - also worth the drive toward Hana. It's about 20 minutes from the house. Do yourself a favor and get the mango a go-go.
7. Kihei to watch for whales
8. Ho'okipa to watch surfers
9. Hanging out on the lanai, at the counter bar, or at the table with family! It was just perfect.
Baldwin Beach is right around the corner, a quick one minute walk down the street. This beach is 'off-limits' to windsurfing and kite surfing, and is the perfect beach for running, walking and swimming. One end of Baldwin Beach is known as 'Baby Beach', and as the name implies is the preferred area for children. Other north shore beaches are within minutes by car: Spreckelsville Beach, Kanaha Beach, and Paia Bay. The quaint country town of Paia is just 3 minutes away; filled with boutiques, restaurants and people from all around the world.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 18 2015 - Jan 7 2016
14 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Out cleaning fee||$375|