|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
The Rainbow Bridge House is legally permitted by the County of Maui - #BBMP 2011/0001 therefore you can be reassured that your booking is secure.
As we are listed on several rental websites we do not always keep our calendar updated.
Please contact the property manager for availability.
The Rainbow Bridge House is an extremely peaceful and private getaway with no close neighbors, located several hundred yards from the main road at the end of a tree lined driveway and surrounded by beautifully scented eucalyptus trees.
The Rainbow Bridge House is a newly remodeled country house on a private country estate just two miles from the center of Makawao Town and less than 4 miles from the center of both Haiku and Pukalani.
Located on the Western drier side of Upcountry Maui- in beautiful Lower Olinda, which was once known as the favorite haunt of Mark Twain and most recently Mick Fleetwood who previously owned the property adjacent to The Rainbow Bridge House.
Annual rainfall in Makawao/Olinda: 58 inches
Annual rainfall in Haiku: 120 inches
The Rainbow Bridge House has a newly remodeled kitchen with waterfall granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and laminate floors throughout.
Two full baths feature marble/granite vanities with travertine tile and a Jacuzzi tub in the master suite. A rainfall shower head and oversized shower is featured in the second bathroom.
The cottage has fourteen foot vaulted ceilings with redwood trim throughout to give a light and airy feel.
There is an indoor dining area as well as a large covered deck with another dining/seating area for six guests.
An additional outside seating area gives a variety of options for your morning breakfast or evening BBQ.
The master suite also features a large walk-in closet and brand new hand carved Hawaiiana style California King sized four poster bed.
Second bedroom features Queen sized four poster bed.
Queen sized sleeper sofa in living room area.
There is a single Hawaiiana style four poster bed tucked away in the loft- perfect for the kids/extra guests.
The whole cottage is fully furnished with hand painted dishes, linens and all new kitchen utensils. A blender, wok, microwave and knife set provides everything a gourmet cook should desire!
Satellite TV and free WIFI internet also included.
40' wall mounted flat screen TV with HDTV.
DVD player and DVD selection included with rental.
The exterior of the Rainbow Bridge House features a large stainless steel gas BBQ for those evening gatherings, large lawn and wooded area for the kids to play and explore as well as comfortable lawn chairs for sunbathing and relaxing.
The Rainbow Bridge House is quiet, secluded and very private with no close neighbors yet just a few minutes drive to the center of the eclectic town of Makawao featuring shopping, dining and nightly entertainment.
The ideal getaway from the crowded tourist resorts.
Complimentary gift basket on arrival containing seasonal locally grown fruits (when available), Hawaiian chocolates, fresh coffee, tea, creamers, sugar, soaps and shampoo.
Large family sized cooler, beach chairs and beach towels are all included with rental.
*Entire house (sleeps 7)= $229 p/night (based on double occupancy) plus 13.42% tax.
Each extra guest= $25 per person p/night.
Children under two years old are free of charge.
Cleaning fee of $100.
10% discount for 7 nights or more.
*Holiday rates (3rd and 4th July, Thanksgiving Day and Xmas/New Year period- 20th Dec- Jan 2nd) are all $249 p/night based on double occupancy plus $25 for each extra person per night*
Keywords: Cottage, House, Jacuzzi, BBQ, Private, Quiet, Peaceful
Beautiful location- nestled among 100' eucalyptus trees, several hundred yards from the main road at the end of a tree lined driveway just minutes from Makawao town.
Axis deer can often be seen in the front yard and endangered native Hawaiian bats can be seen flying between the trees at dusk.
The property is surrounded by open pasture land and is a vibrant farming community.
Horses, cattle and goats abound throughout the area amongst a sprinkling of protea, cactus and citrus farms which can be all be seen within minutes of the Rainbow Bridge House.
Friendly locals, upscale boutiques and art galleries with fabulous restaurants are just two miles away in Makawao town.
The Rainbow Bridge House is peaceful and quiet on its own area of the property- the ideal honeymoon getaway or family retreat.
Located in the sunny, drier area of Upcountry Maui.
Surrounded by large beautiful scented eucalyptus and purple flowering jacaranda trees in a park-like setting.
Saw a herd of deer in the back forests!
Looking down to the sea is calming with horses often grazing in the distance.
If you are looking for an ultra quiet location that is away from Maui's tourists, then this is your place to stay. Very remote and peaceful. Well equipped and clean. The property manager was extremely helpful and super friendly. Probably not ideal for young families. Nice welcome goodies. Bring warmer clothing for evenings outside as it gets cooler after sunset.
Mahalo for the "homey" getaway. We always wanted to stay Upcountry and we are so glad to have found the Rainbow House. You went above and beyond for us. Wishing you and yours all the best for 2014. Bill and Pennie H.
We had ana amazing vacation and what added so much was your cottage. Thank you for making it available to us and so many others. You supplied everything possibly needed. Thank you.
Last May we stayed for 4 nights in the cottage at Rainbow Bridge House. When we departed, we left a personal memo that detailed what was good about our stay and some suggestions where we saw room for improvement. We never received a reply, so here are our observations.
• Remote location and very private.
• Spacious, very clean, with quality appliances and fixtures.
• Room for 7 people to stay (we were only two).
• Well provisioned with miscellaneous items such as coffee, tea, Half and Half, etc.
• BBQ grill (we didn’t use it but nice to have).
• Washer and drier on the porch.
• Satellite TV with lots of channels. Good selection of videos and books.
• We were offered the cottage, which was vacant, at the same rate as the studio. Thank you.
• All-in-all, a positive experience with a few exceptions, noted below.
Not so great amenities-
1. Aloha welcome? Hardly. Hospitality treats included one greenish colored orange and one dried tangerine in a large glass bowl, and one $2.99 box of Wal-Mart chocolates. We ate the chocolates, thank you, but the fruit was inedible. Recommendation: fill the bowl with fresh tropical fruit. Also, trash the artificial flowers and replace with a vase of fresh local flowers or a spray of green tea leaves and hibiscus. This is Maui, not New York.
2. Tender feet? As is customary, you are reminded to take your shoes off outside. The faux wood floors are very hard on the heels so be sure to bring some slippers. Recommendation: a few throw rugs would make walking about inside more comfortable.
3. Bugged by bugs? There is no screen in the shower bathroom so be prepared for flying insects if you open the window to let the steam escape after showering. Recommendation: add a screen.
4. Not an NBA player? In the bathroom with a shower (the master bathroom has a tub), the towel rack is not within reach. Recommendation: add a hook on the back of the bathroom door so the towel is within easy reach from the shower.
5. Can’t remember the name of the place? There was no name, telephone number, or address listed on the “Rules of the House” literature, or on the house keys. We found no business card or brochure, so we turned on our computer to find the name on the Internet. Recommendation: add your business name and address on the literature and put a phone number tag on the house keys. If the keys are misplaced, there is a good chance someone will call if they find them.
The Makawao cottage had a wonderful location partway up the mountain – on the edge of a forest with a nice view. The outdoor furniture and setting was great. Beautifully fitted out and decorated, and with wonderful linen. The kitchen was well equipped. The place was spotlessly clean and it was clear that it was well-maintained – from the heat pump and washing machine outside to the bathrooms, kitchen fittings and stove inside. Siobhan was a wonderfully gracious and unobtrustive host – she even left macadamia nuts for us when we first moved in. There was amazing stargazing from the front garden when it wasn’t cloudy. A great escape from the hustle and bustle of Maui beaches
We traveled with our two daughters (4 and 6) last June for three weeks of magical bliss on Maui. The owners Siobhan and Geoff could not have been more helpful and welcoming. The house was clean and had everything we needed. Our girls loved playing in the yard and it was fun to eat al fresco any time of day. The sounds and smells of the eucalyptus trees will forever be a favorite sensory memory. It was easy to run down to Makawao for groceries or to eat at a cafe or shop (excellent shopping in Makawao) and about 20 minutes to Paia for more options and the beach. Olinda is such a beautiful winding road and we loved being upcountry for the fresh air and cooler temps. I cannot recommend the house more highly! We can't wait to come back!
Located just six miles to Kula where you'll find the entrance to Haleakala National Park and the Ali'i Lavender Farm. Just three miles from Piiholo Zipline. Six miles to the Surfing Goat Dairy. One mile from the rodeo arena and polo grounds.
Makawao town hosts a large array of boutiques, electric shops and restaurants with the area around the town, perfect for scenic drives through the nearby flower farms or long hikes through the surrounding eucalyptus forests.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
Cancellation policy: 50% refund if canceled more than 30 days prior to check in.
If canceled less than 30 days prior to check in, refund only if nights can be rebooked.