Robert Frost Mountain Cabins offer new, spacious, artisan-crafted, fully-furnished, timber frame cabins with spectacular views overlooking the Green Mountains. Each cabin has 2 bedrooms, full bath, fully equipped kitchen, living / dining room, Swedish reading nook, gas fireplaces, wireless internet and panoramic views. Positioned on the Eastern slopes of Robert Frost Mountain and nestled on 112 acres bordering the Green Mountain National Forest, our charming cabins include all of the contemporary comforts and are conveniently located near Middlebury and a short distance from Middlebury College’s Main and Bread Loaf Campuses. We offer year round short term or extended stay lodging. Our unique, stand-alone, private cabins are perfect for individuals, families or couples desiring a romantic Vermont getaway.
Robert Frost Mountain Cabins offers the best of both worlds. When you stay with us you’ll be tucked away in the small, quiet town of Ripton but within short drives to local attractions, events, recreation and dining.
- Vermont Folklife Center - Preserving and presenting the cultural traditions of Vermont and the surrounding region
- Robert Frost Cabin Lincoln Peak Vineyards – Tours, wine tasting, and events.
- UVM Morgan Horse Farm - Dedicated to the preservation and improvement of the Morgan Horse through breeding and selection.
- Middlebury College Museum of Art – Displaying thousands of objects ranging from antiquities to contemporary art.
- Ripton Country Store (c.1890) – A historical and operating country store and post office. Selling staples, Vermont products, and souvenirs.
- Otter Creek Brewing – Self-guided tours, samples, and gift shop
- Danforth Pewter Workshop and Store – Offering one-of-a-kind pieces, a history wall with antique Danforth pieces, and viewing windows into the workshop.
- Vermont Soap Discount Factory Outlet and Soap Museum – Organic soaps
- Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History – The oldest chartered community history museum in the United States.
- New England Maple Museum – Exhibits, tours, tastings, and gifts
- Numerous hiking, snowshoeing, and cross-country trails. Here’s a sampling. Contact us for more info.
• Robert Frost Interpretative Trail – A trail winding through the forest, where selections from Frost's verse are posted at regular intervals.
• Texas Falls hike – Easy trail and classic waterfall.
• Mount Abraham hike - Famous for its 360-degree panorama.
• Moosalamoo National Recreation Area - Hiking, mountain biking, fishing, canoeing, and snowshoeing. Watch this video for more info.
- Downhill skiing at Middlebury College Snowbowl (affiliated with Rikert Ski Touring Center - or Mad River Glenn
- Mountain biking, downhill skiing, and zipline at Sugarbush Resort
- Cross-country skiing at Rikert Nordic Center
- Fly Fishing in the Middlebury River
- Golfing at Ralph Myhre Golf Course Neshobe Golf Club , or Basin Harbor Club
- Harvest wild blueberries at Goshen’s 30-acre Blueberry Management Area
- Bristol Falls swimming hole
- And so, so much more
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.