Kelly Cabin Rental Photos and Description
Cabin, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible Bed(s), 1 Bath (Sleeps 4-6)
Our cabin has a spectacular location, directly in front of the Grand Teton peaks. A rare National Park in-holding, the cabin is on the border of Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest, looking out over the Park and offering superb hiking out the back door.
The cabin is located on Shadow Mountain, so named because the Grand Teton casts its shadow on this exact spot when the sun sets behind the mountains. This is the place for viewing gorgeous mountain sunsets, each one unlike any other, with rays of light beaming off the peaks for just a few moments before the starlit evening descends.
The cabin is set in a 1-acre open meadow filled with wildflowers in the summer. It is away from other homes, but it doesn’t feel remote. It is a quick 10-minute drive – or a lovely bike ride – down to the National Park entrance and Dornan’s grocery store, restaurants and legendary wine shop. There is a warm springs nearby where children chase tiny minnows with their nets while their parents practice kayak rolls. Herds of bisonand antelope roam on the flats below the cabin. It is a 25-minute drive to the town of Jackson, where there is much to explore and enjoy. It is about a one-hour leisurely drive to the south entrance of Yellowstone National Park, where we recommend you plan to spend the night to allow enough time to explore the world’s first national park.
Our cabin is a restful and refreshing oasis set in “America’s Serengeti”. Families often come back to the cabin year after year, making it their second home in the Tetons.
What We Offer
• A simple, comfortable cedar log cabin with a master bedroom, a small bunk-bed room, a comfortable living room/dining room/kitchen area and a small bath with tub and shower
• Sleeps 6, including the fold-out couch in the living room
• 100% homelike atmosphere, not at all a hotel room or rental condo. A family retreat and favorite-place-in-the-world ambiance
• delicious well water, probably best-tasting water on the planet
• outside deck and outside picnic area with BBQ grill
• piano and keyboards, lots of good books, fireplace and firewood
What We Don’t Offer
• TV or reliable cell phone service (smart phones seem to work fine and there is a land line)
• Luxury accommodations. This is a small, simple cabin, 100% comfortable, but nothing fancy.
• Foolproof Internet service (we subscribe, but it’s slow)
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only
About Candra Day
This has been our family retreat since we built the cabin almost 40 years ago. The 4th generation is now in the process of falling in love with the cabin and the Tetons. The contact person has lived in Jackson for more than 20 years and is happy to provide any assistance, including local tips.
Why Candra Day chose Kelly
Our family came to Jackson every summer to climb in the mountains. Father (grandfather, great-grandfather) was an avid mountaineer. We were very fortunate to be in Jackson when this unique parcel became available: an old-time ranching family decided to sell a few acres at the edge of the National Park. A handful of parcels were snapped up in a matter of days -- including our purchase! -- and the Park bought the rest.
What makes this cabin unique
The first dramatic feature you'll notice about our cabin is the views of the valley floor and of the Grand Tetons directly in front of you. The next thing you'll notice is the quiet. And the next thing you'll notice is a feeling of peace and delight. Works for everyone, all ages.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Thank you for sharing your wonderful cabin in the Tetons with us. Everything was just perfect. We enjoyed the bowl of goodies, especially the cheese. That was so thoughtful!
Your cabin was beautiful in its simplicity. It was very welcoming and very comfortable.