- Once a blacksmith’s workshop, the beautifully restored building, is now 'Santa Teresa' Holiday Home. The house retain all its original elegance and charm with the traditional vaulted ceilings and rustic style furnishings.
- The studio apartment can sleep up to 5 people; it has a combined living and sleeping area provided of a sofa bed, a private bathroom with shower and hairdryer, a fully equipped kitchen and also a master bedroom with additional bed (triple) on a mezzanine floor
- A car parking area is located nearby, just 3 minutes stroll from the house . It is next to Porta Carmine, one of the main entrances to the old town
-The central and quiet location allows you to discover the medieval town the moment you step out the door; just a short stroll from shops, restaurants and bars.
Erice, is also a good base from which to visit the enchanting historical, cultural and natural treasures of the sorrounding area.
How to get to ERICE:
· Fly to Trapani (Sicily) – 'Santa Teresa' is just 21.7 miles ( 35 km) away from Trapani-Birgi airport (Vincenzo Florio airport) ; 35 minutes by car
· Cheap flights with RyanAir from London- Luton to Trapani or from London -Stansted to Palermo which is 56 miles (90 Km) away from 'Santa Teresa' , almost an hour by car
· There are always local taxis available at the airport ; we can arrage transfers for you if informed in advance
· It is advisable to hire a car or a motorcycle in order to fully appreciate the surrounding area.
Special tariff are provided if you hire a scooter or a BMW motorcycle with our partner ITALMOTORENT
. There is a cable car that links Erice to the outskirt of Trapani, down the valley . From there you must catch a SAU bus to get to the hystoric centre of Trapani
Erice is located on top of Mount Erice, at around 750m above sea level, providing spectacular views of Trapani, the Aegadian Islands and the western coast of Sicily (from Marsala to San Vito Lo Capo).
The temperature is always cool, even on hot summer days.
Although the town is small in size, between the 12th and 17th Centuries more that 60 churches were built in and around Erice. There are many of these churches still standing in the town, some now converted to other uses.
Combined with its position at Sicily's western tip, Erice is a good base for exploring this part of Sicily or a useful stopover on a touring holiday. This area, in fact, offers numerous natural and historic attractions of great beauty and interest: the broad sandy beach of San Vito Lo Capo, salt-pans, several nature reserves ( Zingaro, Stagnone and Mount Cofano, the Egadi Islands) , well preserved Greek temple of Segesta, the archaeological site of Selinunte , the wine county of Marsala, to mention a few.
Other Activities: Eating out, cultural tours, wine tasting
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.