Dominical House Rental Photos and Description
Located on The River Road of Dominical
Quiet Dominical Area Neighborhood - Classic Home Mountain Top Perch - Great Breeze - Good Peak of Ocean View - 1 Mile to the Beach - Very Private Jungle - Creeks - River - Wildlife - Walking Trails
*We accept MasterCard and Visa for rental payments and deposit*
Hacienda Tecal is a big two bedroom two bath house with a small bonus bedroom on the deck. It has two story soaring ceilings and tons of windows that make you feel like you are living in the tree tops. Cabina Tecal is a neighboring studio apartment with great layout and full mini kitchen. The Cabina is located just close enough to the Hacienda to provide a connection yet with enough separation to insure privacy if rented separately. Rent one or both to fit your accommodation needs.
The Tecals are located in the middle of a 160 acre ranch. Access is from Dominical on a gravel road that follows the Baru River up from the center of town. Along the way you’ll pass Villas Rio Mar (a great neighborhood restaurant/bar) and have beautiful jungle and river views. After a mile or so you’ll find our entrance and proceed up a long private drive. We ask that you use 4 wheel drive on our gravel road due to the steady incline up to the Tecals. The road is always in very good condition but 2 wheel drive cars cause unnecessary wear. A few times during the rainy season the neighbors of the River Road (starting around Villas Rio Mar ) can be inconvenienced during exceptionally heavy rains if the Baru River comes over the road. It can last a few hours and occasionally causes the residents to adjust their travel plans. It has happened in June but you’d be most likely to experience it in September, October or November.
Beachfront locations are commonly the starting point for vacation rental searches. We hope that potential guests realize that the beach is hotter and there are more biting insects on the coast. A little elevation and distance from the beach greatly improve the quality of life because its prone to breezes, tends to be cooler and has less biting bugs. Most mountain neighborhoods require a highway drive from Dominical and then a long steep access road to get to the property. The Tecals have the perfect combination of elevation and proximity to town. By car it takes ten minutes along a picturesque river road to get to Dominical Beach, grocery stores, ATM, restaurants and the Coast Highway. The Tecal’s elevation and location in the narrow part of the Baru River Valley insure that it won’t be long before there’s a strong breeze from the ocean during the day and cooler air sinking down from the highlands at night.
The Tecals are surrounded by jungle, wildlife, creeks and a great swimming hole just below the house in the Baru River. There are walking trails at the edge of the yard giving easy access to real jungle. Go a few steps or go a few miles….our walking trails provide views down to the river, pathways through huge rainforest trees, access to creeks and waterfalls, and the opportunity to see a multitude of birds and mammals. On the days you want the jungle to come to you sit on one of our many balconies to watch the toucans and monkeys going from tree to tree.
Hacienda’s Tecal’s Key Features
• Two story living room, dining room, and kitchen. The high ceilings and great air flow keep it cool during the hot part of the day.
• Master bedroom with king bed, vaulted ceiling, big windows, ocean and mountain views, vanity, shower, toilet and big closet.
• Second bedroom with full bed and bunkbeds, big window, ocean view, closet, and bathroom
• Over 1,000 sq/ft of covered patio and balcony space
• Bonus room on the upstairs deck with a full size bed
• Ceiling fans in all rooms
• Screened Windows
• Satellite TV
• DSL internet (Skype Capable)
• Local phone line
• Full size washer/dryer
• Covered car port
• Point source water heater in both showers
• Water heater for the washer/dryer and kitchen sink
• Upon arriving at the Hacienda you’ll have covered parking and access to the house from the carport
• The bathroom, guest bedroom, and laundry room are off of the main entry hall which leads to the kitchen, dining and living room.
• Along the way you pass the open stair case that leads up to the master suite which is the only room on the second floor.
• The house is ringed with covered decks and balconies offering a 360 degree panoramic view starting with the ocean to the southwest and swinging around the Baru Valley up to the highlands and back around to a tall jungle ridge well behind the house.
Cabina Tecal’s Key Features
• Full size bed
• Couch and living area
• Complete kitchen with small bar for dining
• Bathroom with vanity, shower and toilet
• Big windows everywhere providing great views
• Covered Deck
• Satellite TV
• Internet via data card – Skype Capable
• Full size washer/dryer
• A cobble walkway leads from the parking area to the covered deck entrance of the Cabina.
• You enter a spacious main room with a breakfast bar to the left and an L shaped couch to the right with a coffee table.
• The full size bed, desk and armoire are easily fit into the back part of the room allowing for ample access to the kitchen and bathroom.
• There are big windows on all walls and the views make you feel like you’re in the treetops.
Compared to all other Dominical area rentals our rates are the lowest and provide the biggest bang for the buck. The Hacienda was the first North American style homes built in the area during the early 90’s. The house is well maintained and in perfect working order. You will notice that some of the interior features show their age but it does not detract from its usability or vacation enjoyment. Guests find that it’s a wonderful rental and our staff is always available if you need something. The Hacienda is a beautiful home and we know that you’ll enjoy your stay. Our prices give you a rental option not commonly available in the Dominical area.
Cabina Tecal was recently remodeled and has newer finishes. It’s an extremely comfortable efficiency for one or two people. Despite its smaller size it has everything you’ll need for a weeklong vacation or a yearlong sabbatical.
Combine the Hacienda and the Cabina for bigger groups or when separate living quarters are desired.
We accept MasterCard and Visa for rental payment and deposit.
- pets considered
- children welcome
- non smoking only