County Mayo House Rental Photos and Description
Spectacular Riverbank Setting, Sea Views, Bright Spacious Contemporary Interior
In a raised spectacular but secluded setting, in 4 acres of private grounds overlooking the Atlantic at the River Moy Estuary, this extremely spacious 4000 sq ft house is a creative remodel of the 150 year old original house, providing large contemporary light filled living spaces. The main living room on the first floor is a magnificent 30 foot (7 m) light filled room with high ceilings and large windows all around affording panoramic views over the estuary as it joins the Atlantic from one aspect and rolling countryside from the other..
On the ground floor, the spacious open plan kitchen, dining and living area is light and airy with large 10 foot (3 m) windows & natural oak floors. Ideal for entertaining; fully equipped modern kitchen with breakfast bar, large dining area seating up to 12 and sitting area with TV corner. French doors lead off to the large terrace and extensive gardens and grounds. There are 3 bedrooms; two doubles, one with en-suite bathroom, a twin bedroom with two single beds, a further family bathroom and laundry/utility room.
- wheelchair accessible
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- children welcome
- pets considered
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
What makes this house unique
This home provides level of space and quality of environment not commonly found in a holiday home, you will not need to compromise your level comfort in order to enjoy a stay in the heart of the West of Ireland. Some of the highlights that some of our guests have enjoyed:
- a lazy afternoon spent in the light filled and spacious first floor living room, alternately reading and enjoying panoramic views from sailing boats and fishing craft making their way up and down the estuary to the new spring lambs cavorting in the outer front garden.
- an evening catering for and entertaining a party of 14 extended family for a family reunion
- the father of a five year old reported spending an afternoon spent teaching his 5 year old son the basics of fishing at the river edge within 100 meters of the house. No fish were caught but a memorable evening was spent
- a lively family family barbeque dining al fresco in the sheltered L -shaped terrace
Guestbook comments from the owner
The house is bright and airy was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed for our holiday. We had three great indulgences!
Eating! This is a great house for entertaining - a well equiped and spacious kitchen and a great dining area overlooking the garden. As we have connections in the area we cooked for and entertained our family and friends - all 12 of them on one occassion - we dined in style.
Our other indulgence was the Seaweed Baths at Inniscrone, soaking in hot seawater baths with seaweed fresh from the Atlantic, just sit back and soak up the goodness - rejuvenation par excellence! Highly recommended.
Our last indulgence was lots of time spent in the huge first floor living room - the ideal antidote to the showery Irish weather ..... a browse through the eclectic book collection provided, a day spent ensconced in an easi-chair looking out over the treetops at Bartragh Island and beyond, a little reading, a little day-dreaming and suddenly its time for dinner. Days well spent!
Thank you for everthing. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are already planning our return