Wonderful owner - lots of good and a few notes
Submitted: January 6, 2013
Stayed: December 2012
Stayed there between Xmas and New Years Eve. There were things we liked and things were thought should be addressed.
First - what we liked:
1. The owner is awesome. very detail oriented, and reachable if there are any issues, concerns, or even questions. She is also very honorable and if there is a problem out of anyone's control, will resolve it in a fair way.
2. The house is huge and has alot of space for a big group. Multiple bedrooms, extra gathering rooms, etc.
3. House was very clean and you never had any "ick" feeling.
4. Shuttle stop is immediately in front of the complex.
1. Biggest issue in generally that the house is showing some of its age. Nothing is broken, but the appliances seemed older, dishware, utensils, towels, etc. We didn't do alot of price shopping so maybe that is how this place fits in along the value scale.
2. The heating system is a hot water radiator system. It was just getting fired up for the season when we got there and it was really really loud when it kicked in (to the point of waking us up.) Owner said there was a maintenance issue that would be fixed and I believe her, but if that was simply "the way it is" it would not be workable for us. As an aside, the heating system is where the owner worked with us and showed her true (good) character and we resolved it in a fair way.
2. Nothign to do with the house but I found the stratton shuttle really annoying. This place is as close as any other, and the stratton shuttles run every 30 minutes. This has nothing to do with this development as I think they run on 30 minutes at all stops, but i just thought it was poorly planned out by stratton.
Summary - if you have a large group and you dont need super plush, this place works great. If you want everythign brand new and shiny, i would imagine you would pay alot more for something. In the end, very fair value for the money.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children
Did you find this review helpful?