Enjoy your vacation in the Red Dog Cabin where you can explore Tahoe's wonderland just by stepping out the back door! Located in scenic Christmas Valley of South lake Tahoe, this house is away from tourist town traffic, but close to everything in town: shopping, entertaining, eating out, plus it's only 20 minutes away from the casinos.
The house is roomy and sunny with large windows that allow you to feel that you are surrounded by nature: Upper Truckee River runs through the backyard of this large 2-acre lot and the mountains and the National Forest are in your view from everywhere.
We have set up the house as our home and we love coming here! We know you will enjoy the art on the walls, the furnishing, and the comfortable bedding.
It is a spacious house and it accommodates 8-10 people comfortably. The floor plan is very well designed providing lots of privacy with the bedrooms being on the apposite ends of the house. The house has: 3 roomy bedrooms, 2 full newly remodeled bathrooms (done in bright colors in a contemporary style), a fully stocked kitchen, a living room with a fireplace, and a spacious mudroom (charming and extremely convenient for leaving your shoes, jackets, bags, etc before entering the house). The deck overlooks the river, and again, provides you with a great river, mountain, and forest views. The upstairs is not available, it's the owners' private quarters, and it will not be occupied during your stay.
And we can assure you that every visited dog believes that our place and our neighborhood are the ultimate dog paradise. So, bring your pets along! But also please be a responsible pet owner.
- 1 king bed (master bedroom)
- 1 queen bed (2nd bedroom)
- 2 twin beds and 1 bunk bed (3rd bedroom)
- 1 folding bed (in master bedroom closet)
- parking space for 4 cars
- our kitchen is fully equipped with all you need: cooking pots, nice dishware, utensils, electrical tea cattle, coffee maker, lots of spices, oils, teas, coffee, etc.
- wood fireplace in the living room
- a very nice Hot Tub and Gourmet Gas Grill on the deck
- DISH network HDTV, DVD
- free wireless internet connection (AT&T provider)
- iPod Sound Tower to station your iPod
- we provide linen and double set of towels for all 8 people.
In the Winter:
- right from the backyard you can snowshoe, go sledding, and do cross-country skiing;
- we are perfectly situated being close to several ski resorts: Heavenly (12 miles), Kirkwood (24 miles), Sierra at Tahoe (13 miles);
- close by, there are many great locations for groomed and marked cross country trails.
In the Summer:
- this beautiful cabin is located just 15 min away from the superb sandy beaches of southern shores of Lake Tahoe;
- for those who love hiking, kayaking or canoeing, we are located very close to the magnificent Echo Lakes;
- otherwise, you can bike or hike the Tahoe Rim Trails right out of the house (no driving! );
- you can even bring a horse to our property and ride the trails right out of the house;
- our cabin is a great place to relax and prepare for your Death Ride in July.
Payments can be made via PayPal, personal check, cashier's check, bank funds transfer.
The holiday weekends' reservations require a min of 3 nights stay, regular weekends - 2-night stay.
Cancellation policy: full refund if cancelled 4 weeks prior the arrival date, 50% refund if cancelled 14 days prior to regular weekends; no refunds for holidays unless it's rented.
For more details, pictures, and testimonials please go to my website.