Christmas Valley House Rental Photos and Description
House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths (Sleeps 8-9)
Enjoy your vacation in the Red Dog Cabin where you can explore Tahoe's wonderland just by stepping out the back door! Located in scenic Christmas Valley of South lake Tahoe, this house is away from tourist town traffic, but close to everything in town: shopping, entertaining, eating out, plus it's only 20 minutes away from the casinos.
The house is roomy and sunny with large windows that allow you to feel that you are surrounded by nature: Upper Truckee River runs through the backyard of this large 2-acre lot and the mountains and the National Forest are in your view from everywhere.
We have set up the house as our home and we love coming here! We know you will enjoy the art on the walls, the furnishing, and the comfortable bedding.
It is a spacious house and it accommodates 8 people comfortably. The floor plan is very well designed providing lots of privacy with the bedrooms being on the apposite ends of the house. The house has: 3 roomy bedrooms, 2 full newly remodeled bathrooms (done in bright colors in a contemporary style), a fully stocked kitchen, a living room with a fireplace, and a spacious mudroom (charming and extremely convenient for leaving your shoes, jackets, bags, etc before entering the house). The deck overlooks the river, and again, provides you with a great river, mountain, and forest views. The upstairs is not available, it's the owners' private quarters, and it will not be occupied during your stay.
And we can assure you that every visited dog believes that our place and our neighborhood are the ultimate dog paradise. So, bring your pets along! But also please be a responsible pet owner.
The house is also available for winter seasonal lease. Please contact me for the pricing.
- 1 king bed (master bedroom)
- 1 queen bed (2nd bedroom)
- 2 twin beds and 1 bunk bed (3rd bedroom)
- 1 folding bed (in master bedroom closet)
- parking space for 4 cars
- our kitchen is fully equipped with all you need: cooking pots, nice dishware, utensils, electrical tea cattle, coffee maker, lots of spices, oils, teas, coffee, etc.
- wood fireplace in the living room
- a very nice Hot Tub and Gourmet Gas Grill on the deck
- DISH network HDTV, DVD
- free wireless internet connection (AT&T provider)
- iPod Sound Tower to station your iPod
- we provide linen and double set of towels for all 8 people.
In the Winter:
- right from the backyard you can snowshoe, go sledding, and do cross-country skiing;
- we are perfectly situated being close to several ski resorts: Heavenly (12 miles), Kirkwood (24 miles), Sierra at Tahoe (13 miles);
- close by, there are many great locations for groomed and marked cross country trails.
Please contact me if you are interested in this winter seasonal rental. Thank you!
In the Summer:
- this beautiful cabin is located just 15 min away from the superb sandy beaches of southern shores of Lake Tahoe;
- for those who love hiking, kayaking or canoeing, we are located very close to the magnificent Echo Lakes;
- otherwise, you can bike or hike the Tahoe Rim Trails right out of the house (no driving! );
- you can even bring a horse to our property and ride the trails right out of the house;
- our cabin is a great place to relax and prepare for your Death Ride in July.
The holiday weekends' reservations require a min of 3 nights stay, regular weekends - 2-night stay.
Cancellation policy: full refund if cancelled 4 weeks prior the arrival date, 50% refund if cancelled 14 days prior to regular weekends; no refunds for holidays unless it's rented.
Important: if you decide to make payments through the HomeAway ReservationManager I will be adding 10% on the top of your total rental (it's what the ReservationManager will charge me for the transaction) and you will also be charged an additional 3% processing fee by the system.
However, I can offer you other secure payment options free of fees for either of us. Your payments can be made via PayPal, personal check, bank funds transfer.
In another words, if any payment involves credit card or other system transaction fee, the guest is responsible for the fee.
For more details, pictures, and testimonials please go to my website.
Also, please check detailed rates per night at my website at:
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible
My name is Rachel and with my husband I live the Bay Area, CA.
I love to travel, work in sculpture, garden, bike, hike, love theater, opera, museums, art, and I really enjoy sharing our beautiful home in Tahoe with our friends and guests.
Rachel purchased this house in 2004
Why Rachel chose Christmas Valley
We love our house in Tahoe. It is a very spacious home built on a 2 acres lot, surrounded by the mountains and the US National Forest. South Upper Truckee River runs though our property.
The location is wonderful!. It takes only 20 min getting to everything one would love to do in Tahoe: getting to a couple ski resorts, to Lake Tahoe, to Stateline casinos, to hiking trails at Echo Lakes (with lots of hiking with no driving at all).
This is our second home and we love coming there at least once a month. We recently did lots of major remodeling: completely remodeled the bathrooms, got all new kitchen appliances, painted inside/outside, got new furniture, new mattresses, rebuilt the deck, and got a new spa. All that done within the last 3 years. We made the house very comfortable for ourselves and our guest.
What makes this house unique
In the winter, sledding and snowshoeing can be done in the back of the house. Heavenly, Sierra-at-Ttahoe, and Kirkwood are the closest ski resorts.
The Winter season lease is also available.
In the summer, if you like hiking, you can go on either short or very long hikes right out of the house (no driving). It is the same when it comes to biking. The beautiful Lake Tahoe Southern shore beaches are within a short 20-min drive.