Saranac Lake Lodge Rental Photos and Description
FAMILY AND TWO COUPLE HIDEAWAY
This 850 square foot apartment was recently built (2009) and newly refurbished (2012) specifically to accommodate families and the loft is located on the only private road that provides year round access to Oseetah Lake.
• Ideal as a family retreat (maximum capacity 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 children)
• The loft and property are totally smoke-free environments
• Shallow sandy beach facing south is perfect for small children
• 2 Canoes and 2 solo kayaks are available at no additional cost
• From the dock and lakeside deck, there are expansive panoramic views of the western High Peaks and Ampersand Mountain
• Wildlife such as bald eagles, loons and osprey are often seen at Oseetah Lake
• The lake side fire pit accommodates family campfires
• The lakeside deck, floating dock, canoes, kayaks and small sandy beach are shared with the resident owners.
• The Loft's private entrance leads to a large guest vestibule, with storage space for gear and to the stairway up to the main floor (the apartment is not handicapped accessible).
• The loft is private and is the only rental on the entire 2 acre property.
• The loft is nestled among the treetops with abundant natural light and panoramic views of surrounding forest and mountains.
• Living space is designed in a clean, fresh and uncluttered manner with hardwood floors and artisanal wood-work finishes emphasized by high cathedral ceilings and large bay windows.
• Kitchen is thoroughly furnished for cooking and includes designer concrete counters and island as well as All Clad cookware.
• Wood burning stove provides additional warmth for cozy evenings.
• Gas fired Weber grill on the loft deck overlooks the forest and lake.
• Two cozy bedrooms w/one King bed, one Queen bed and a full size futon (in the living room). They enjoy natural lighting.
• Full bathroom includes shower, bath and large mirror.
• Families may view DVD’s on the LCD TV but no network service is available.
• Onkyo iPod docking station and stereo receiver
• A wireless network allows connection to the world at large.
• A land line phone is available for calls in the U.S.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Lem and Anita Hegwood
The resident owners are avid hikers, canoeists, X-country skiers and nature photographers and enthusiasts who love to share their years of knowledge about hiking trails and waterways.
Lem and Anita Hegwood purchased this lodge in 2005
Why Lem and Anita Hegwood chose Saranac Lake
We selected Oseetah Lake because it enjoys easy access to Lake Placid and Saranac Lake as well as providing a quiet retreat with world-class views of the High Peaks across the lake. Our favorite outdoor activities, cross country skiing, hiking and canoeing, are at our door step.
What makes this lodge unique
Miles of cross country skiing without getting in a car
Four cross country ski centers nearby
Mountain views from the new lakeside deck
Lakefront with sandy beach facing south
Direct access to world-class canoe/kayak routes on the Saranac chain of Lakes
Morning serenades by loons
View gorgeous sunsets over Ampersand Mtn from 'Sunset' Island