'HARDANGE' is a charming and comfortable French country property. Some of the construction dates back to the 15th Century. The name means 'House on the Butte' in Celtic. Nicely renovated in the mid 1990's, it combines modern convenience with old world charm.
Located 220 kilometers (140 miles) southwest of Paris, about halfway between Sablé sur Sarthe and Loué in the department of the SARTHE (72) and two miles from the small village of Chevillé. For a precise geographic location, one can consult a detailed map by going to the website: viamichelin.
The area is quaint and charming, agricultural, and rural farmland dotted with old and charming small villages. The city of Le Mans is located 30 kilometers (18 miles) to the East. Easy access by highway from Le Mans or Paris (five miles from the A 81 highway exit) and by the TGV (high-speed train) to Sablé: One hour from Paris. The SNCF train station of Sablé is nine miles away from the house.
The property (three hectares or seven and a half acres) includes four buildings (the main house, a smaller, older house not renovated, a barn, and a stable) and stands in the center of many acres of grazing farmland and cereal fields, surrounded by lawn and hedges at the end of a 300-yard private access road. The environment is charming, very quiet and safe for children (no ponds and nearby roads). The local people are very welcoming and hospitable.
Nicely and completely furnished and includes:
· Large living-room with fireplace
· Spacious kitchen fully-equipped. (dishwasher, microwave, gas range, oven, fridge, etc.) Two side kitchen pantry rooms.
· Laundry room with washer.
· Linen, complete with sheets, towels.
. Kitchenware, cooking utensils.
· Satellite TV, barbecue, garden furniture, and two bicycles...
· Cleaning services and baby-sitter help available
- The Abbaye de Solesmes, next to Sablé (Gregorian chant)
- Beautiful 18-hole golf course in Sablé, olympic swimming pool
- Horseback riding, biking, extensive fishing, kayaking and swimming (nearby lake in Brûlon)
- The Medieval village of Asnières sur Vègre (three miles)
- Loué, boasts a top-class restaurant, nice outdoor swimming pool
- River boating and rentals on the Sarthe River
- The Anjou and Loire valley, its castles and vineyards, one hour away to the South (Angers, Nantes...)
- The Medieval Cathedral of Chartres (60 miles east), and the Cathedral of Le Mans, 20 minutes away
- 'Les 24 Heures Du Mans,' International sports car race, each year in mid-June in Le Mans
- Many excellent restaurants
- Many cultural activities: Music Concerts, Festivals, antique fairs (Sablé, Le Mans, Sainte Suzanne)
- Excursions to the Mont Saint Michel and the sea, Nantes, Saint Malo
- Excursions to the Normandy WW2 Allied Landing Beaches
- Supermarkets, open air markets, medical facilities, pharmacies, car rentals, and other conveniences nearby
Keywords: Country House
We used to live and work in Paris. Strong urges to get out on week ends and short holidays. We found the property through a friend who already had one in that area. Spent a fortune fixing it up. And then we got relocated to California in 1998. We have done all we could to keep the house and go there as often as possible. Renting it certainly helped!
It has lots of charm, very quiet and peaceful. Sleeping is a delight. The locals are kind and welcoming. We have good friends there that we could not have the same relationship with if we only got together in Paris. Access from Paris is fast and easy. Tours to the sea are convenient.
Every visitor will have a different perspective on the benefits of the visit. Be it the house, the area, the weather, people they meet, restaurants, museums, walking in the rain, watching birds, floating down the river, doing nothing... As they say over there: 'il y en a pour tous les gouts'
Live Theater Plays, Music Concerts, Movie Theaters (Sable), Cathedrals (Le Mans, Chartres, Angers), Weekly Open Air Food Markets, Regional Antique Fairs, Gregorian Chant (Abbaye de Solesmes), Hot Air Balloon Rides, Day trips to Mont Saint Michel, Saint Malo, Loire River Valley, Chateaux & Vineyards, Normandy WW2 Allied Landing Beaches, Paris (by TGV/High-Speed Train, 40 minutes from Le Mans), Also see Weblinks to Solesmes and local historical villages on this page
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.